It Takes a Village

JulieKay

Hi Ellen

Yep, I just answered your note but will answer here too. Yea, me and Cara will get the blues and reds. I finished up the reds tonite so they are all done and I have some blues done, but not sure how many .

Variegated is fine, we will leave it up to each peson to use whatever color they like for the pinwheel part .It should make for a very pretty and colorful looking quilt .

Thanks again :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, I used to know, but I've forgotten :P I think it's 58 but I'm not sure :think Guess I'm gonna find out :D

Correction....it's 48 not 58 :P So I was close :hook So 48 squares from a 7 oz skein. I leave pretty long tails for weaving so some might get more.

Count on me Julie. I'll get right on it.:waving I didn't read the whole thread. If you still need some help. I'll be glad to do some squares. Or a block, or anything else you need. If you still need them???

I finished the nine squares in the middle of the night (another sleepless night ....) and will whip them together today. I may redo some of the bicolored squares as they look a little whonkey (is that how you spell that????). I have never done half-and-half squares before. But, gawd, they went quickly! Using an H hook, they perfectly measure 2-1/2" each!

Julie - Alrighty. I have 60 blues made and sewn into strips of threes. Sleep troubled night here, too :lol I figure I'll make 99 which is 33 groups of 3. How's that sound?

Cara

Sounds great-- I am in another zone right now, been answering emails and pm's like mad --

You're not doing more than your half are you ? I don't want you to get stuck doing the majority .

How many blues did we need total ?

148 blues but you did all the reds because I got weird yarn :P So that's about right plus you get to be the cowpoke that sews the thing together so we're even :lol

Thanks Cara

My brain is in a tizzy right now. I had too many irons in the fire and couldn't even think how many squares total we'd need. My stuff is downstairs by my chair .

It sounds fine to me, just don't take on too much . I'll get the rest of the blues done then and start putting them all in strips waiting for the blocks to arrive . :)

Julie,

My block will be going out in the mail today! Just need to drop it in the box on my way home...

Thanks!

~k

I mailed my block today, the 21st of May. Julie, I'm not thrilled with the way it turned out so if you feel likewise, you certainly don't have to use it! I'm serious. Don't use my block if you don't like it!:(

Birdlady - I'm sure your block is great :yes They really look a mess sometimes until they all get sewn together then magically they're beautiful :magic Thank you for your help :manyheart

Thanks all,

This is the list so far of people who have mailed theirs out(or will be here right away ) -- correct me if I'm wrong or let me know if you are not on the list and have sent yours -

Mary

Ellen

Kathy

Tab

Heather

Kelle

Linda(mry)

Tania

Deb

Barb

Cara

Thanks to all who are so on the ball . :) The sooner they all roll in ,the sooner I can get busy on them . I'll holler out when I start getting them here .

Archived