It Takes a Village

JulieKay

Sounds good, Heather

I'll let you know by tomorrow night, that way if you want to make a 3rd and we havent gotten enough volunteers, you'll have time on sunday maybe to whip another one out and get them in the mail first of the week.

Thanks again, you are such a good sport . :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good Julie. No problem I needed to work on something quick after all the squares for a lapghan and I still don't have it done :)

Julie - Gonna go pick up the yarn this afternoon. Can you believe I don't have those colors? :lol Shouldn't take long at all then I'll PM for the addy and get 'em out, hopefully, on Tuesday. That's supposed to be grocery day but my driver's been "otherwise occupied" the last two weeks. This week should be good though :yes If not there's always Thursday and Express Mail :wink

Just a great big "Thank You" to all of y'all who've helped with this :ghug Every little thing we can do helps take some of the financial strain off Donna and Amy.

Y'all are the best!! :manyheart

Woo-hoo! :cheer I've got it done!

Here's a (not very good) picture - the colour is pretty close though

th_Village.jpg

I can see now how these little squares can become addicting!!

Thanks Julie ;)

~k

How do you want the squares attached? Did you want them all whipstitched or slip stitched? Does it matter? I wasn't sure if you wanted us to do them all the same or not.

Ooh good question. I was gonna join the blue squares into strip of 3 for you to save you some time :yes Sure would hate to be the only whipstitcher :lol

Thanks disney-

I'll keep you in mind and put a question mark beside your name just in case you can't get to it in time . Just drop me a note if you can !

Great- will do - I should know a little be more by Monday or Tuesday if I will be able to help - I'd love to be a part of this - I'll let you know.

Wow, Cara

No, I can't believe we actually named off a yarn color you don't have, but i bet you will by the end of the day . :lol

Donna- I guess I'll just have everyone do them however they want since I didn't specify sooner and some are already done with theirs. It'll be ok whichever way you want to do it .

Kelle- nice work ! And speedy, to boot ! Yea, if you like making this, we have a whole CAL dedicated to the little squares and tons of real nice patterns thanks to Cara !

Cara- as far as attaching your blues, I will be whipstitching mine, since it'll save me time if I make them in long strips now to join onto the blocks when they all arrive . So I'm making the entire strip ---with the red, then 3 blues, the whole way down or across, haven't gotten that far yet, but have been maing the blues today .

Hey Julie, I went to Wally World to get the Ranch Red and they are two distinctly different shades! So much for no dye lot :grump I bought both. One's a dusty kinda looking red and the other one is kinda brighter. Does that help you figure out which one I should use? Maybe I should make all the red ones to make it easier :lol

Julie, do you still need blocks? I would be happy to help. I have gotten so much info and patterns from this wonderful site I would love to help out.

Hi Deb :)

Yep, we have a few slots left to fill. We'd be glad to have you help out !

Cara- wow, sorry to hear your 2 ranch reds aren't matching . Maybe I should just go ahead and make all the reds,since I have my half done already .That way, we won't have 2 different shades. I don't know which one of yours would match mine . :lol

Did you buy them both ?

(.... I re-read your post and you already said you did. You can tell I'm not real alert today . )

Yes, I bought 'em both because I have some other places to use it, too. Plus, I never turn down yarn :lol Okay, I can pick up some extra blues then :hook

Cara

I bought 2 blues today. I have no clue how many we will get from one skein. I bet you know the exact number, don't you ?

I'll do all the reds, I don't mind a bit . :)

You know, I used to know, but I've forgotten :P I think it's 58 but I'm not sure :think Guess I'm gonna find out :D

Howdy partners!

I finished my squares & just have to stitch them together. They will be going out on Monday. I'll give ya a shout when they go postal. ;)

If you two need any help with anything else give me a hollar. I'm here for ya babe. :D

Birdlady and LadyBeBop - thanks to both of you ! It's nice to meet a few new people here. Can you give me your first names ? Makes it sound a little more "homey" that way . :)

I PM'd you but I'd let you and everyone else know my legal name is Ellen. There. I said it. The secret is out!:lol

So, Julie, you have the red and blue squares taken care of?

Can we use variegated yarn for the star or do you want solid colors?

Archived