Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Wow, Thimble !

Now you have us all very curious about the photos ! Thanks for sharing a little about your life -- it sounds like an interesting place . I love hearing about places other than our same old ,same old here.

Darski -- well, pal, if you absolutely MUST ...... I have been chasing you from one CAL to the next all morning and I know you are ITCHING to start one of these ,so bump something else off your list and bump this in .

My buns will be in hot water if the others get wind of this. Please tell me you already have the yarn, or we will be breaking 2 cardinal rules .:no

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klutz,

Those are STUNNING ! Really beautiful work .

* Can I ask your name ? I think I may have asked before . Is it Nancy ?

I can't remember for sure if that was your name or someone elses' ,but I like to use people's first names when possible. Makes it more "homey" .:)

Wow, Thimble !

Now you have us all very curious about the photos ! Thanks for sharing a little about your life -- it sounds like an interesting place . I love hearing about places other than our same old ,same old here.

Darski -- well, pal, if you absolutely MUST ...... I have been chasing you from one CAL to the next all morning and I know you are ITCHING to start one of these ,so bump something else off your list and bump this in .

My buns will be in hot water if the others get wind of this. Please tell me you already have the yarn, or we will be breaking 2 cardinal rules .:no

Julie - are you breaking rules too!! :eek

This means that I don't have to walk the plank as many times - riiiighhhttt?? teehee :hook

Just a quick note to hello before we go. John is running late so I have a few more minutes. Love everyone's pictures, BTW. I'm taking the yarn for my nephew's graduation present with me and hope to have it done by the time we get back with a little luck. I'm taking just 3 projects with me. Oh, and several books. Should keep me busy.:devil

For those of you having trouble with the RR pattern. I don't know if this the problem or not, but the thing doesn't start to look like a round ripple until about the 5th or 6th row. You may be doing it right and not realizing it, because of this.:yes

Guess this is bye-bye for now. I'll tell you all about it when we get back. :waving Happy crocheting in the mean time.

Klutz,

Those are STUNNING ! Really beautiful work .

* Can I ask your name ? I think I may have asked before . Is it Nancy ?

I can't remember for sure if that was your name or someone elses' ,but I like to use people's first names when possible. Makes it more "homey" .:)

Oops forgot to add my name this time. Ahem...pleased to meet you Julie, My Name is Laura. Lol

Laura, i love your doily. the colours - the green ones :wlol look wonderful.

Regarding my dispensation... I still owed one item in this CAL from before the Sky CAL

... you buying this line by any chance :think i'm sure I could come up with a better one if you give me some time.

Thimble - You're so funny :lol I'm very curious to see your photo I'm sure it's great :yes I went and looked up the Norwegian Skogkatt. What a gorgeous cat! Now I want one :manyheart

Laura - WOW! I seem to say that a lot in this CAL but.....WOW! Great work!

Oh Julie, Julie, Julie you've stepped in it now, my friend :yes:lol You're gonna get a mighty dousing from that many planks :lol

Laura, i love your doily. the colours - the green ones :wlol look wonderful.

Regarding my dispensation... I still owed one item in this CAL from before the Sky CAL

... you buying this line by any chance :think i'm sure I could come up with a better one if you give me some time.

This is true :yes Darski and I both signed on to this CAL but we're having trouble making it work. She's just more tenacious about it than I am :lol I will get it finally and I'm actually using the other CAL as an excuse for my procrastination :lol

Wow I'm seeing some beautiful stuff on my way to post. I'm trying to get out the door so I'm posting pics and later will come back and catch up and look at the wonderfull stuff.

Here is my preemie rr I made yesterday. It's very subtle in the color change.

th_crochet137.jpg

Oh my oh my I love those beautiful doilies, ms. Klutz!! ;o Hey look they must be GIANT DOILIES because look at that little foot in the corner on the floor by the table:eek

I really do love the colors you chose.. wowie, I think I need to do one too! I must add it to my long list of things to do in crochet :lol

Thimble

(now I don't know if I should sign my name Thimble :think (I was going to be all mysterious) or Jill :manyheart

This is true :yes Darski and I both signed on to this CAL but we're having trouble making it work. She's just more tenacious about it than I am :lol I will get it finally and I'm actually using the other CAL as an excuse for my procrastination :lol

I agree you guys were working in here before the sky cal so I think if you finally get it on track then it's legal. Just my 2 cents. :blush

Wendy- the pillow is great hope the cats like it!

Patty- Beautiful RR I love the colors!

Laura - The doily is gorgeous! Seeing all these thread works in this technique makes me want to do one too.

:think I'm wondering if I can do small enough preemie hats if I did this technique with fingering weight yarn. :scrachin :dreaming

:think I'm wondering if I can do small enough preemie hats if I did this technique with fingering weight yarn. :scrachin :dreaming

Oooh, that's an interesting idea :yes I'd like to see that :yes

Hi Guys,

My computer was on the fritz for a few days but I will be back now. I am feverishly making a Van Gogh ripple afghan for my nephew's college graduation next week and I am only half done, so I will be working like crazy this weekend...

I will post pics on Sunday for all to see the progress. I am using about 4 colors of Caron SS - from navy to violet to blues to light blue and I must be finished by Thursday or else.....

Will update soon.:cheer

Well...I managedto get all the rows I frogged redone (in the correct stich! :P ), and make it through the next color change. I'm really getting the hang of using my hook with the wrist brace! I'm not nearly as quick...but I'm plodding along!!! Haven't made as much progress as I'd like, but between the 70+ hours I worked this week and the brace, I'm just happy to have gotten this little bit done!! :clap

colorshadesbaby26.jpg

Colorshadesbaby6.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Becky that is beautiful, who are you making it for. Its hard to fit everything in and when you work the hours you have done Im amazed you have done any at all. Well done.

Laura your doily is beautiful. Did you use cotton?

Julie your a naughty girl. How are you going to get out of this one.:tryme

The baby ripple is for a neighbor, who is due in August....so I have plenty of time to finish...I am just itching to start another project!!! :P But I promised myself that I wouldn't start anything new until I finished at least 1 WIP. The ripple works up the fastest! :lol

Archived