Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski

Yea, I don't remember signing on the dotted line either , come to think of it . The only household chore that I REALLY dislike is ironing -- I don't mind the rest. With only 2 people here, it's not really a lot of work .

We do???

I want to see my contract. I am pretty sure I didn't sign up for that.:wink

:rofl

:rofl Darski your so funny. I have missed your humor.

Julie I always buy clothes that dont need ironing. I wouldnt be able to find my iron it would have so many cobwebs on it.

Oh that reminds me, I picked up a Bates plastic P hook today at HL and it actually had the flat space. Hopefully, that'll make it easier to hold. So if you have access to Bates hooks, Linda you might wanna check them out. :yes I usually hate Bates' metal hook because they "squeek". Makes me nuts :lol

ok, I know if isn't photo Friday, but this one will be in the mail bu then so here goes. Ths is for my 5 year old dgd we just found out she is getting the Principal's merit award for the whole kindergarten so she gets something special from Gram

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/pturner360/roundjacobsladder001.jpg

Crochet_Gram, that is absolutely gorgeous!! She'll be thrilled.:yay:cheer:yay

This is such a fun project. I love doing something goes so fast and where I can make so much progress so quickly.:hook

Cara, I know what you mean baout the Bates' metal hooks squeaking!! UGH!:P

And Crochet Gam - you dgd will be excited beyond belief when she gets the rr in the mail!! It's really beautiful!!!:clap

Ok gals, I need your help!!!

We just did a major change in my daughter's bedroom, and instead of a bed now she has a futon. Trouble is she can't use her old bedspread on it, and I want to make her a round ripple.

She has Flower Power stuff all over her bedroom - here is the rug I want to make for her:

http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=1245

(that is a members only pattern, I hope you can see it)

Those are the colors I want to use, except in Caron SS - HELP me out in knowing what to do to make one of these works of art that you all are doing!!!

Ok gals, I need your help!!!

We just did a major change in my daughter's bedroom, and instead of a bed now she has a futon. Trouble is she can't use her old bedspread on it, and I want to make her a round ripple.

She has Flower Power stuff all over her bedroom - here is the rug I want to make for her:

http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=1245

(that is a members only pattern, I hope you can see it)

Those are the colors I want to use, except in Caron SS - HELP me out in knowing what to do to make one of these works of art that you all are doing!!!

Hi, KnicKnac, long time no see!!

I'm confused - as usual. Did you want to make this exact pattern...or just the colors and the graduated look the way they evolve when used together??

Hi KnicKnac

As soon as I saw the rug you want to make, I thought of this square pattern which is on Krystal's blog page. I think it's a free pattern as long as you send her one square made of that pattern for a charity project. I think that's what it said anyhow .

http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to think how you could combine that with this CAL and come up with a combo-type idea.

If you did this, though, you couldnt do the round ripple, so I guess I wasn't much help.. :lol

Ok, as usual, I was SO not clear! Which is totally normal with me on pain meds for my back!

That rug is what I am making for her room. I want to use the COLORS of that rug to make a round ripple that graduated colors USING those colors.

Does that help??? :rofl

Hi KnicKnac,

what about working from the squares as they are presented.

If you just look at that closest corner they use rose, lime and turquoise so that would be where you start your colours...

moving up one row, they use orange, rose and lime so those would be your next set of colours

you could continue around the border squares using the colours they use.

In the pattern there are only 5 colours used so it wouldn't mean too many skeins. It might be tricky to guess amounts as this technique uses lots of yarn anyway and the outer levels are quite large.

BTW, did you know that CPC featured a new piggy pattern this week? :yes:yay:hug

NO! I didn't see that, will be heading over there after this!

I will be using Caron SS so I have access to however many skeins I need. So I am confused, which is nothing new. Is this a three strand thing, or do I start with rose and lime, and then lime and turquoise and then turquoise and orange and so on?

And for a 60" round ripple, how long should I go between color changes?

I am so confused! I am going to have to read this WHOLE thread over again!!! :rofl

NO! I didn't see that, will be heading over there after this!

I will be using Caron SS so I have access to however many skeins I need. So I am confused, which is nothing new.

If this works up quickly, you can buy yarn as you discover you need it - assuming that the colours are consistent. although this technique covers a multitude of sins :wlol

Is this a three strand thing, or do I start with rose and lime, and then lime and turquoise and then turquoise and orange and so on?

And for a 60" round ripple, how long should I go between color changes?

I think of it as two strands but you always use two strands. You would start with two strands of rose yarn. (I would work this for 2 rows to mimic the flower centre)

At the end of the two rows of rose, drop one of those strands and pick up the one strand of lime. I would likely work this for about 3 rows but I am not good a working out the row numbers for RR's

At the end of those 3(?) rows, you would drop the strand of rose and bring in your other strand of lime and work in lime only for 4 rows (???maybe???)

could someone help with colour row counts - I am so not able to even guess this.

I am so confused! I am going to have to read this WHOLE thread over again!!! :rofl

I am thinking the same thing myself

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Hey Knic and Darski

I dont think there's any set number of rows you have to do of each combo-color, but you do work with 2 strands throughout then change ever so many rows-- like you'd do a few in 2 of the same color, then swith to one of that color and one of your new color and work a few rows of the blended -type, then use the 2nd color blended in with the 3rd.

Does that make any sense ?:lol

I used the same colors for 2 rows in some cases, for 4 rows in others when I switched out one color - depended on how much of any one color I had, really!

We almost fell off the page when no one was looking. Whew?!?

I have the first couple of rows of the Nosegay done in this technique but it might not quite work as we had hoped. This may end up in the frogpond after all

On the one I'm doing KnicKnac I use two strands of the same color for two rows, then two rows of blended, then two rows of the second color, then two rows of blended, etc. until I get as far as I want. I'm currently planning of using just six shades of green, but I did pick up some black today so I can add another 4 rows if it isn't quite big enought. I'm using the RHSS though so you might want to do more rows or repeat the color sequence more than once. Clear as mud?

On the one I'm doing KnicKnac I use two strands of the same color for two rows, then two rows of blended, then two rows of the second color, then two rows of blended, etc. until I get as far as I want. I'm currently planning of using just six shades of green, but I did pick up some black today so I can add another 4 rows if it isn't quite big enought. I'm using the RHSS though so you might want to do more rows or repeat the color sequence more than once. Clear as mud?

So would you be repeating colors, do you think?

Archived