Rubber Duck

eebrs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute will have to make one for my daughter to give to her father inlaw. He collects ducks. His bathroom is done in ducks Thanks for pattern

• 5 months later...

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful design. I made one for my friend's daughter recently. I've received very good comments so far. Gonna make another one to form a pair and also add a little hat for one of them and scarf to the other. Shall post up more pics when they are done :)

orTpB3kS6D8bqLstwrZECUT5bfcoD6Sw.jpg

DuckieII.jpg

Thanks so much for the pattern. It is an extra cute duck. I was looking for a pattern to make my husband a duck, and this one is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Honestly speaking, the colour switch came about coz of my mistake. I had all the while remembered it as having an orange body and a yellow beak and tail. And it didnt help that the craft shop only had orange yarn in the right thickness (the beak and tail are made of a thinner yarn). So I happily went ahead and got the materials thinking that I am right all the while! Haha....

But nevertheless, I am still very happy with the outcome :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What an adorable duck!!! Suggestion for eyes: Using an E size hook and black yarn [or color of choice], chain 4 and slip stitch to make ring. Cut yarn, finish off, sew [or glue] to the duck.

You can make any changes that you'd like to this basic pattern. I prefer to make yarn eyes, mouths, etc. because some of the things I make are for babies or smaller children. I wouldn't want them to pull something off and choke!

DARLING!

Thank you for sharing the pattern ... I'll be making one for my on-the-way grandbaby.

You've given me an idea ... designing a duckie baseball cap ... hmmmmm!

:cheer

Archived