Crochet's latest issue

mythunderbird

hi i got my issue today of the crochet magazine, its the may2005 issue. omg what wonderful patterns are in there. i love love love the pineapple doily, am thinking about making my sis one for her birthday. check it out it is awesome:lol :manyheart vicki

The only crochet/knitting mags we have around here are the Interweave Press ones so I may have to resort to bribery....hmm.....maybe one of my thread bracelets would be a fair exchange.......any takers???? :devil

I got mine two days ago I think... :think I got sidetracked by the board move but the little pineapple bookmark is adorable. I need to sit down with the hook and finish it, it works up really fast. Great stuff in this one! :hook

The only crochet/knitting mags we have around here are the Interweave Press ones so I may have to resort to bribery....hmm.....maybe one of my thread bracelets would be a fair exchange.......any takers???? :devil

I'd be happy to send one along to you, but I haven't seen them in stores yet (which isn't unusual, very rarely can I find crochet mags in the stores). I'll keep my eyes open for you though, and maybe someone else will have better luck. :xfin

Are you guys talking about Crochet! or something else called Crochet ??? :think

[i ask because I should supposedly be receiving my copy of [i]Crochet! [/i]in the mail shortly due to CGOA ... hmm... ]

Sorry Jess - I believe we are talking about Crochet! ;) And it IS really good, I think you'll be pleased. Thread patterns and a gorgeous shawl. Lots more stuff too. :clap

I ask because I should supposedly be receiving my copy of Crochet! in the mail shortly due to CGOA ... hmm...

I forgot to mention, my subscription to the magazine is just that - a subscription. I'm not a CGOA member. The magazine subscriptions from them tend to arrive a few days or even a week or two earlier than the regular subscriptions, not to worry. If you just signed up it can take a little while to process but I think you'll find it is worth the wait. :hook

Sorry Jess - I believe we are talking about Crochet! ;)

I just wasn't sure! :lol

I will just look forward to receiving it in the mail in the next couple of weeks! (I hope!). I've never seen it in the stores around here, so it may be the only way... ;)

I was very pleased with this issue. The last two were just sort of HO HUM. ;)

:hook I want to make that shawl! :manyheart Love it AND the color choice.

WOW, Julie! That's a beautiful bookmark! Like Rebecca, we don't have any crochet magazines here....not even a single one. Hmmmm.....can I offer a trade too? Maybe some variegated thread for that issue? Or a beaded scrunchie? Or a beaded bracelet? :yes Anyone interested?

This is the one published by CGOA, right? I don't have mine yet! Of course, I only joined a couple/several weeks ago, so I don't know if I'll be on schedule to get this issue or if it will be the next issue. I got my membership number via email, but I don't have my snail mail packet yet. Phooey! I guess I'll just have to try to wait patiently. (It's not like I don't have enough other projects to complete before wanting to start more!)

This is the one published by CGOA, right?

CGOA don't publish it, but yes, it comes with your CGOA membership. They do apparently shove a CGOA flier type of thing into it for CGOA members, however.

:)

I have the best luck finding it at Hobby Lobby; the one here puts them on the racks with their pattern leaflets. I ended up getting a regular subscription though because the closest Hobby Lobby to me is about 50 miles away, one way.

I think I have had a subscription to just about every magazine, and this is one I definitely will keep up. I like something out of every issue. They have such a variety of projects. ;)

Like Rebecca, we don't have any crochet magazines here....not even a single one. Hmmmm.....can I offer a trade too? Maybe some variegated thread for that issue? Or a beaded scrunchie? Or a beaded bracelet? :yes Anyone interested?

If you and Rebecca can wait till after April 1st (payday), I'd be more than happy to pick up copies for you from my local stores - I have access to several sources for them. I would LOVE to do a trade for some of that luscious thread you've got Jackie! And Rebecca, you can make me an offer, unless someone else has already stepped up to the plate. You can send me a private message or email me at goldi316[at]ameritech.net

I have yet to be disappointed by this magazine, there has always been something (and most often somethings) I've wanted to make from each issue! My only quibble with them is that they can be very slow, at least initially. We will see if it evens out now that my subscription is established. Thanks to a special offer that came in right after I sent in my money for a year's subscription, I was able to extend it to 3 years for the price of another year's payment. I'm all set! :hook

Their customer service is slow, but otherwise excellent too - in negotiating through the above deal, I mentioned I had managed to find and collect all but one of the 2004 issues - and she offered to "complete the set" for me, sending me that one issue for free. :clap Can't beat that! :hook:hook:hook

Archived