Shawl

Miss USA

When my uncle died unexpectedly in a plane crash a mere two weeks after my grandfather died, Id decided my poor grandmother needed a shawl. Not just any shawl, but one made with her colours and with quality materials. Her shades have always been to me the shades of a peacock feather. I looked and looked and refused to settle until I found it. The perfect yarn. one strand of teal fine mohair and one strand of hand painted 100% silk thread. It smells like HEAVEN!! I started off a pattern from a book I have printed in the 1970's (notice the picture) and as usual veered off onto my own, making the shawl longer and wider more of a spiderweb. I love it! There are so many different ways to wear it. It is perfect for Arizona.

gmashawl1.jpg

gmashawl3.jpg

gmashawl2.jpg

Next was a tank top I had started in "tea leaf" from luster sheen. This pattern is from the spring 2007 Family Circle "Easy Crochet" magazine. I made some changes, such as shortening the edge on the bottom and leaving off the opening in back. Also, making it more low cut, ahem.. :eek

top2.jpg

top1.jpg

top3.jpg

Last but not least, my Seraphina in the coveted joann rainbow boucle green. Id ordered this yarn ages ago, thank GOD I did!

seraphgreen.jpg

seraphgreen2.jpg

seraphgreen3.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

What a busy gal you have been. The blue shawl is beautiful, those colors are fantastic. The top is very nice, I love the pattern. However personally I can't pull it off, but you can... ;). The green shawl is very nice too.

Possibly all the crocheting you have done in the past 2 weeks have helped you get over your loss. You do exceptionally lovely work....:cheer Love all the shawls...

I love that you waited for the perfect yarn for your grandmother, peacock colours are beautiful, that was very thoughtful.

Loving your sexy green top & the shawl is a beauty, I'm not familiar with boucle, we don't have it or I haven't come across it anywhere here; it looks really snug n cozy.

Great work.

Your pieces are all so lovely, you've done a wonderful job. I was looking at getting the magazine with the top pattern, and after seeing yours I think I might head down today and pick it up, along with the yarn to do it. You've inspired me, lol.

I'm so sorry about your and your family's loss. This must be such a difficult time. The shawl for your grandmother is lovely -- the colors go beautifully and the combination of those fibers and the openwork pattern is just perfect for Arizona. It will certainly be a comfort to her.

I love your interpretation of the tank -- using the tea-leaf Lustersheen gives it a completely different look than the pictures that I've seen of the pattern (still haven't found the magazine -- I think you got the only copy in the Bay Area) and the modifications are perfect.

The Seraphina shawl is gorgeous, too. I've never worked with the Jo-Ann Boucle -- did the striping in the shawl occur naturally from the variegation in the yarn? (I actually have a lot of questions about the yarn, but I should either get to Jo-Ann's and check it myself or at least move the questions to the Yarn thread.)

Beautiful work.

Best,

Elissa

I'm so sorry about your and your family's loss. This must be such a difficult time. The shawl for your grandmother is lovely -- the colors go beautifully and the combination of those fibers and the openwork pattern is just perfect for Arizona. It will certainly be a comfort to her.

I love your interpretation of the tank -- using the tea-leaf Lustersheen gives it a completely different look than the pictures that I've seen of the pattern (still haven't found the magazine -- I think you got the only copy in the Bay Area) and the modifications are perfect.

The Seraphina shawl is gorgeous, too. I've never worked with the Jo-Ann Boucle -- did the striping in the shawl occur naturally from the variegation in the yarn? (I actually have a lot of questions about the yarn, but I should either get to Jo-Ann's and check it myself or at least move the questions to the Yarn thread.)

Beautiful work.

Best,

Elissa

Heeheeheee You are gonna kill me, I picked the mag up at a Hobby Lobby when I was in Kentucky. :lol

And Joanns quit selling the yarn like that. At least everyone on the joanns website is having a fit over them not selling it. neener neener! I got some!! lol see you thursday Elissa :devil

Archived