Thread scarves

amdm

Thank you, all, for the compliments.

Lizc - I can't give you the links right now because I'm not on my own computer. But both are from crochet pattern central. The mauve one is from the edgings section. It is called Pineapple Swirl Edging. I made two, and while making the second strip, I joined it to the first strip by crocheting into the edge stitch of the first. Finally, I threaded on matching sequins and went right round, doing scs into the edge.

As for the maroon one, it is a shawl pattern, called Long Open Shawl. There is an error in the pattern as printed, but the pattern is really pretty, and I intend to make it again, this time in a shaded thread.

Do let me know if you have trouble finding the patterns.

ladylinoleum - I am afraid our threads are quite different from yours. This one is sold as knitting cotton, and the only indication I can give of the size is that I use a 1.6 mm hook with this, where I normally do thread crochet with a thinner thread and a 1.3 mm hook.

As for the maroon one, it is a shawl pattern, called Long Open Shawl. There is an error in the pattern as printed, but the pattern is really pretty, and I intend to make it again, this time in a shaded thread.

I found and printed the pattern for the shawl. What is the error in the pattern? (And is the thread you used for it available in the States? I ask because that color is beautiful!)

hooked2 - regarding the errors, you have probably found them by now. If not, send me a pm. As for the thread it is most unlikely to be available in the USA, but I am sure you will have no trouble finding maroon thread.

Archived