Summer Breeze halter by CrochetbyCharlene

I am not a professional designer..but I loved this one since it was easy. if you find any mistakes let me know or any way to improve it. I have smaller than average children for their ages. This top fits my age 2 and age almost 4 who are between 25-30 lbs and 32-38 inches tall and I'm sure you can follow the pattern and still add a few chains to the beginning. If you have any improvements or suggestions please pass them on to me. Please do not sell my pattern but feel free to sell the finished products.

th_100_1491.jpg

th_100_1490.jpg

th_100_1487.jpg

Spring Breeze Halter

Simply Soft yarn

H Hook

Size 2-4 (I’m sure you can use a smaller or larger hook for different sizes)

You can either join rounds or not. I did not join and used a safety pin to mark my rounds.

Chain 62 then slst to make ring.

Rounds 1-10 sc in each stitch around.

Round 11: sc in each stitch increasing evenly by 4 stitches.

Round 12: sc in each stitch around

Round 13: Repeat round 11

Round 14: Repeat round 12

Round 15: Repeat row 11

Round 16: Repeat row 12 (73 sc)

Round 17-25 HDC in each stitch around and at the end of 25 slst in next stitch in your not joining rounds.

Round 26-33 V-Stitch in every other stitch around and then tie off.

Ties: If you can try the top on the child you can see where you want the ties. I folded the top in ½ and went 9 sc on each and marked them with safety pins.

I joined in the back where my initial tail was and sc to 1st pin chained 50 and slip stitched back down and sc in the next stitch around and weaved in my ends.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlene, :ty so much for sharing that adorable pattern. You're very talented to be able to write your own patterns like that.

I'm going to make this for my daughter in pink cotton! :jumpyay

I wanna see when you do. I have learned a lot from here and writing and designing.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to get started on one for my 5 year old daughter!

BTW, did you ever find an ice cream cone that you liked?

Thanks again! I have always admired your creations.

I had a fellow crochet on here whip one up but I have not had time to try it out. I kinda like the tops plain.

Awww... they are so cute Thank you, I would love to make a cuople of these for my grand daughters to wear when the weather is warmer,Thanks for sharing your pictures and pattern, Take care

:rose Lynne

Here is Amanda:

amandaicecream.jpg

She will be 5 on April 4th. I used 3 different worsted weight yarns in this top, and an H hook. I also started with 73 chains, but I think I should have stayed at the 63; I had to X the straps in the back cuz it's a little tooo big. She loves her new top, and being it is a bit big, she will be able to wear it longer, so it's all good.

Thanks again to Charlene for her awesome (and EASY!) pattern!

Tina

Here is Amanda:

amandaicecream.jpg

She will be 5 on April 4th. I used 3 different worsted weight yarns in this top, and an H hook. I also started with 73 chains, but I think I should have stayed at the 63; I had to X the straps in the back cuz it's a little tooo big. She loves her new top, and being it is a bit big, she will be able to wear it longer, so it's all good.

Thanks again to Charlene for her awesome (and EASY!) pattern!

Tina

that is too cool and I love those colors!!!!

Charlene,

Thanks! I forgot to mention, I changed colors when I changed stitches. The colors are a dark brown, "Rose" and an off white. Amanda picked them herself. She calls this her "Ice Cream tank top" She wants a yellow one too LOL She also says that she likes your daughter's sandals! "Her shoes are so cute!"

Charlene,

Thanks! I forgot to mention, I changed colors when I changed stitches. The colors are a dark brown, "Rose" and an off white. Amanda picked them herself. She calls this her "Ice Cream tank top" She wants a yellow one too LOL She also says that she likes your daughter's sandals! "Her shoes are so cute!"

too funny. they came from dollar general last year.

Your models are adorable!! When they are rich and famous they can say "Yes, my first photo op was posted on Crochetville"! Oh, I love the halter too, very cute:lol !

Archived