Summer Breeze halter by CrochetbyCharlene

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to post pics! I finished one last night with the Wal-Mart brand yarn. The top is the mixed colors and the bottom is pink. I'm making a turquoise one right now. Once I get a new sd card I'll post pics :)

Thank you for the pattern... It has been really fun. I especially love that dd doesn't need an undershirt with this top as many crochet items do.

HELP!!! What does that mean " You can either join rounds or not" I am such a dolt........... If I am understanding correctly, then after the length was attained ..... you would need to sew up the edges. Am I correct?

I am currently making a poncho.... that had the very same thing written in the directions....... but when I read thru the rest of the instructions, there was no mention of sewing up the edges.........So I modified the pattern and I am working it in a 'round'. So am I really messing up this project???

BTW, LOVE the tanks.... my dd is 6.5 and I am hoping to make one or two for her.

HELP!!! What does that mean " You can either join rounds or not" I am such a dolt........... If I am understanding correctly, then after the length was attained ..... you would need to sew up the edges. Am I correct?

I am currently making a poncho.... that had the very same thing written in the directions....... but when I read thru the rest of the instructions, there was no mention of sewing up the edges.........So I modified the pattern and I am working it in a 'round'. So am I really messing up this project???

BTW, LOVE the tanks.... my dd is 6.5 and I am hoping to make one or two for her.

When you join rounds, you do that by slip stitching into the beginning of the round you've been working on, chain however many the pattern says, and start a new round A visible "seam" line will show where you've joined the stitches together.

To avoid the seam, you can omit the slip stich and chain one. Just continue going round and round. Your work should look like a spiral when you do this. Since this makes one continous piece, you will not need to sew anything. Because it's hard to see where you've stopped and started by this method, most people find using a stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round works well.

Hope that makes sense.

for a 7/8 I would try a J hook. I crochet loose, but that is me.

thanks i will try a j, i crochet both loose and tight, i guess it depends on my mood, when i feel like i am doing a tight stich i have to make myself do it looser. i think i have a j hook i will have to go look. whats the best kind of yarn for summer?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks i will try a j, i crochet both loose and tight, i guess it depends on my mood, when i feel like i am doing a tight stich i have to make myself do it looser. i think i have a j hook i will have to go look. whats the best kind of yarn for summer?

Everyone says cotton. I did a size 4/5 and used an I hok. I sent it to my niece. Not sure if it fits yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the Babies and Children show and tell but I'll post it in here as well. This is my god daughter in her Summer Breeze Halter:

SummerBreezeHalter2.jpg

I joined and worked in the round and I HDC'd all throughout instead of sc'ing the top part and as you can see I made the straps wide. Lucy is so short and tiny, I only had to do 23 rows before doing the bottom part which I only did five rows of that. It was fast and easy to do I am making a skirt to match it.

Archived