Hot cross buns.. free pattern

cupcake

one a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns...

Here is a little easter token that I have designed. The free pattern (in both Australian / British and American terms) and usual shaggy dog story is on my blog.

I plan to make a few of these as little gifts for friends and colleagues. I hope you like them.

img1442jm8.th.jpg

If you have any problems or bright ideas please let me know.

They work up well as an airfreshener as I popped some cloves in the stuffing.

Cant beat the aroma of Easter buns!

Thanks for looking.

cute pattern on your blog Cupcake. not sure i'd have anyone to give them to :)

I read the story,,, :drooling the whole time! I need to find a recipe,,,,I am SO HUNGRY now!!! Thanks for the pattern!! I, too, shall use cloves inside them!! :manyheart :manyheart

I love it Cupcake - methinks I will add this into the basket of goodies I am making for my neices and nephypoo, minus the clove - hmmm just had a thought could pop the clove into the middle of the stuffing hhhhmmmmmmmm... i will gie this some thought, anyways.. I think it is wonderful and thankyou for sharing it with us all.

I love it Cupcake - methinks I will add this into the basket of goodies I am making for my neices and nephypoo, minus the clove - hmmm just had a thought could pop the clove into the middle of the stuffing hhhhmmmmmmmm... i will gie this some thought, anyways.. I think it is wonderful and thankyou for sharing it with us all.

I put cloves inside it as well. how about a bell for a rattly toy!

All I want to know is "Do you ever sleep"? LOL You patterns are wonderful! I will try one of your "hot crossed buns" and use it for a pin cushion! ADORABLE!

All I want to know is "Do you ever sleep"? LOL You patterns are wonderful! I will try one of your "hot crossed buns" and use it for a pin cushion! ADORABLE!

hehe yes I sleep. But I normally work full time and am currently taking a break this year as after a few years full on, I was a bit "burnt out". I also wanted to get a few things done arround the house, which is a bit tricky when you work. On top of that my son has been sick, we think it is mononucleosis so I have been stuck at home caring for him, drs appointments etc, after being excused from Jury duty - which is another story...

Crochet is my yogo and relaxation.

So in the middle of this I have been cleaning out cupboards. Didnt realise how much yarn I had collected - mostly acrylic 8ply, so I am stash busting. I figure if I can make things while I can, I will have a nice little store to donate to the various charities I support when the time comes.

Thanks for your nice comments.

good luck with your son. my youngest had mono at 5. that year he had chickenpox, mono, 5 ear infections, strep throat 2xs. and several colds. he had been at home with me since he was born and never in daycare. On top of that I was pregant and trying to work again after being home 5 years. it was tough. I will wish you good thoughts and keep your yarn and hooks close. stress relief....

I love this pattern...great job! It just isn't good friday without hot cross buns! I make them every year to deliver and would love to put a crochet one with each batch!!

What a great idea. Do you have a terrific bun recipe to share with us crochet hen?? Riohnna is drooling.:D

Archived