March Charity Square-A-Long! (March 9th - 12th)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! How did everyone do today?! Do you have a myriad of colorful squares all around you thanks to your stash and some time put into making them? Which is your favorite square so far?! I'm doing basic granny squares this time around, and in a variety of colors!

I can't wait to see everyone post their totals so far!! :yay

Ya'll have been doing this every month and I never knew! Darn! It's getting late for me to start tonight, but even just a few is better than none! Count me in!!! I'll be making squares for Marine Corps Kids!

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!!!! I should have covered ALL times zones with that greeting! ;)

I see we've got some more NEWBIES here - - yeaaaaaaaaaah!!! :clap Whether you make one square or a one hundred squares, you are in the RIGHT place! Every square helps toward an item for someone in need!! :yes

Here are some pics of the bag I made and the squares I made for last round! Hopefully they will come through!

My 63 squares stacked up . . .

http://i15.tinypic.com/2exv869.jpg

The charity squares bag I made with 5, 12" squares . . .

http://i17.tinypic.com/300xkp1.jpg

The filled charity squares bag . . .

http://i19.tinypic.com/2rw7vgw.jpg

I put together three afghans using last month's squares, but I have to finish two of them off before I post their pics! I've tried again to upload pics, but the above is the best I can do without them being HUGE!

Okay, be back later to see how everyone is coming along!!! Start posting more numbers and any pics you've taken!

Nice pics, Jessica and Carol!!! Those of you who are able to post your pics keep them coming!! :yay

Well, I'm nearly packed to head out to Arizona tomorrow! I should be on here before I leave, but I'm not leaving you guys in a lurch! Crystal (breger3) is going to do the final counts and post them to the group after this round is done!! THANKS again, Crystal!! :hug Please post your totals as soon after the round is over as you are able to so Crystal doesn't have to wait very long to get our GRAND TOTAL!! :cheer

I will post my totals before I head the door . . . so stay tuned!! :hook

Keep on crocheting!!! :yes:yarn:clap

Tomorrow I'm sending these 12 squares (2 of each color combo pictured) to Krystal16 for the comfortghan for JessC031778 and for her other charity blankets.

th_daisysquares.jpg

I just love Krystal's pattern for these daisy squares - they work up so quickly and from the first one they measured exactly right. (that is rare for me!)

This is my first time in here but I thought I'd add the 4 8 inch squares I did for the comfortghan for Jessi I'll be mailing them out tomorrow.

th_crochet058-2.jpg

I'll try to join you again next month.

I just found this thread and, can you believe it, it expires today. :eek

Count me in...

I have made two pink 12" squares for charity. :) I'll be making more and, if this goes again in April, there should be a significant number added to next month.

Cheers.

Cheryl.

Can't wait to see everyone's totals! I did 5 myself. Not much, but every square counts.

Oh and Doula4U yes, you can count rectangles!

I'll keep peeking in to look for new posts!

My total for the weekend is 3 17" square preemie afghans with matching hats. That brings this month's total to 4 so far with another one started. This CAL really helps keep me motivated to get them made each month.:hook

DCP_1030.jpgDCP_1029.jpg

DCP_1027.jpg

I can't believe how fast the days go. I had so much fun doing the squares and then I forgot to report my final number - which is 40 6" squares. I'm doing to Helping Hands at Bev's Country Cottage.:cheer:clap

Can't wait for the April challenge. I enjoy these challenges so much! I made 10 while I babysat for my grandson on Sat. night.

OneStitchMillie

Archived