March Charity Square-A-Long! (March 9th - 12th)

Hello!! It is just 2 hours from the time that we start our March Charity Square-A-Long!! Have you got your yarn ready and your crochet hook warmed up?! :yay

Let's see if we can beat our last month's total! I believe that was 301 squares!

Are YOU ready?! Remember, you make ANY sized squares in ANY pattern and give to ANY charity of your choice!!!

Let's get ready to begin!! :cheer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crystal,

:welcometo this new round! :) Do you believe this is the 7th month we've been doing this charity square-a-long?! WOW!

Ok, I am heading for my bed, too! Sweet dreams and "see" you tomorrow!

Well, since I'm home with a nasty cold/flu thing today maybe I'll pull out some yarn and see what I can get done. Crocheting ALWAYS makes me feel better:D

Linda,

:welcome back to another round! CONGRATS on the number of charity squares! Keep up the great work! :clap

:welcomeCarol and Jessica! It's good to have both of you joining us this month! :h5

I'll be in and out today, but I'll be taking my crocheting with me! I'll be back later this afternoon to post how many squares I've made. See you guys later! :yay

Hi, all. I'll try to get a few more of my Preemie afghan squares done for this round. This will be my third time here. My squares are about 16 to 18 inches across, so can't crank out as many as those of you making smaller squares, but they are greatly appreciated at the local preemie unit. :c9Good luck everyone.:hook

I have to goto work now, and I work all day tomorrow and then again Sunday morning, so I might get some more done Sunday night, otherwise this is all I'm able to do. I've done 5 though!

charitysquares.jpg

Details: This is the basic Granny

granny.jpg

This is the "Granny in the middle" from the 200 Squares Book (I changed it slightly so that it would be a 6")

grannyinthemiddle.jpg

And this is the pastel delight from the 200 squares book:

pasteldelight.jpg

I chose to use green for march, and I like the hot pink and white with it! I really like the granny in the middle squares best, I might end up making some for myself?? :devil

Well, what do you think? I'm going to try to crank out a few more basic grannies on Sunday night.:yes

Hi all...I will be joining you this month too for my first time. :hook I think I joined in January and didn't actually get any squares done because I spent all my time looming hats (for charity) instead. I already have one 7" square done (which I did on a work break) and plan to be working on them this evening - and all weekend.

Jessica - I LOVE your squares. The colors are so bright and cheerful. I think I like the granny in the middle one best too.

Hi! I know there are tons of great charities out there, but I wanted to add mine to anyone who doesn't have a place to donate too yet. I've also gone a little crazy with stitch markers, but would like to give a set to anyone who makes 12 12" or 48, 6" squares in bright colors for Project Linus. Or if you want to make a complete ghan, that's great too. I'm only doing this during March, as a way to thank all of you at the 'ville for always being so willing to make things for others.

I have some of the stitch markers up in my etsy store, but I have about 60 more sets to add... You can pick from those on the website if you take my challenge. :)

I know there are lots of places to donate squares, and I am always amazed by how much people are willing to help out eachother with comfortghans, and other charity afghans.

I'm excited about this challenge! My goal is 12 12" squares, and since it's March Maddness, my hubby and I aren't going anywhere lol. :)

Victoria

Hello! I have not been getting the newer posts via e-mail and had NO idea anyone posted after I last did earlier today!!! :think

Welcome back those of you who have been here before and also to those of you joining us for the first time!!!! :clap Forgive me for not mentioned each of you by name, but it's been a looooooooooooong day, and my brain and body are nearly puttered out!

Looks like we've got some squares already made - YEAAAAAAAH!! - and several charities to donate to, if you don't already have one of yours in mind!! And I see we have some pictures posted too, which is great! I attempted to post some at the end of our last round, but for some reason they came up as little boxes with red "x's" in them instead of the pics I uploaded! I did the tiny url links too, and that still happened! I'll have to try again when I get a good pile going! :yes

I'm going to go work on squares and will post my total tomorrow! I'll be in and out all day (even have a Metro Detroit Crafters meeting where I will be making squares), but I will come here directly to see if there are any posts instead of watching my e-mail box like I usually do!

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone! And be sure and post how you are coming along and any pics you want to share! Go, team, go!! :cheer

Oh this is so exciting! I haven't had a chance to work on mine tonight, but I'm about to maybe have some free time. :) Wahoo!! I can hear my son talking in his room though, so not sure how long until he wakes up... I think he might be teething? Of course, my husband and I keep saying that off and on for the past 2 months, and yet, no new teeth. I mean, he's 11 months old, and has 8 teeth, but hasn't gotten any new ones in about 3 months, which is ok, but it would be a good excuse as to why he's so fussy! :) Oh, but he's a fun baby, really! :)

Victoria

I've had this marked on my calendar and soooo looking forward to it again!! :manyheart Welcome to those who are new and I will take up your offer Victoria I will put the squares into a ghan for Project Linus, let me know if I need to send it your direction or ?????

Have a great weekend all and happy crocheting! :hook

I missed the original thread announcing this months square-a-long. I'm not going to commit this month. I still have not mailed out January's & February's. Life has just got in the way. I'll cheer you all on though!! GO GO GO

How did i miss this???? man i miss a couple days on the ville and I am late for this one!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ok, I'm starting now, I'll try and get some done by morning, and then I'm going nuts for the rest of this.

I start school on the 21st, so this might be the last one of these I can committ to!

I just counted the squares I made yesterday and have 12 - 6" granny squares. Since I'm not feeling much better today I will again be sitting on the sofa with the laptop, yarn, hooks and don't forget the tissues. So I'm sure to have a few more today. My squares will eventually be put together for afghans for the homeless ministry that my church is involved with. The crochet group I am involved with also did afghans last year for charity for children with cancer so some may be used for that as well.

Archived