15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Hi, I just joined Crochetville. Can I join this Crochet-Along? At the moment I am on the last row of the skirt of a Snow White outfit I am making for my Dora doll. Darski, your Dora outfits are too cute! I got the doll about a week and a half ago, and have been making stuff for her ever since. Unfortunately, I don't have a working camera, so I wouldn't be able to post pictures.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, I just joined Crochetville. Can I join this Crochet-Along? At the moment I am on the last row of the skirt of a Snow White outfit I am making for my Dora doll. Darski, your Dora outfits are too cute! I got the doll about a week and a half ago, and have been making stuff for her ever since. Unfortunately, I don't have a working camera, so I wouldn't be able to post pictures.

Welcome aboard new neighbour! :welcome

I am glad you are enjoying Dora and my efforts; she is so easy to make stuff for.

Save your pennies for a cheapo camera and let the world see your smiles.

These two patterns are now posted in original patterns as Spring events

Spring Blizzard

sb1.jpg

Spring Fling Garden Party

sf1.jpg

She just demands hats, every day she wants another one. how do y'all deal with these demanding young ladies?

Of course Dora demanded shoes all the time :rofl

:lol:rofl

Darski-

I don't know about the other ladies here, but it's much more fun to give in to their demands. I think if I make anything for anyone, Scout wants one too. She didn't used to be such a clothes hog.....

I like those two new outfits for your girl. Very pretty and sophisticated! I could just see that top one for a ski weekend escape to Vermont or some other location. The garden party outfit looks perfect for a nice social event at Longwood Gardens down near my parents. She really does look like a million bucks!

Way to go Darski! I love the new outfits!:manyheart Was the Spring Blizard outfit made with a fuzzy yarn?

I think I'm going to have to take a break from doll clothes for a while after I finish the Snow White outfit.:( (My sister just reminded me that there are several babies due at our church-I'm going to make a ripple afghan)

Welcome, welcome, the more the merrier :yay

We love to hear about what everybody is doing and how they are doing it. Describe everything to us like we are little kids and we'll have a great view in our mind's eye :yes

Welcome, welcome, the more the merrier :yay

We love to hear about what everybody is doing and how they are doing it. Describe everything to us like we are little kids and we'll have a great view in our mind's eye :yes

Okay, Creativity, here goes. My favorite outfit I've made Dora so far is a St. Patrick's day dress. I used Darski's 'Dressed for February' pattern, but widened it two stiches in back and lengthened the middle stripe of the skirt by one row. I did the main part of the dress in green, with the middle stripe of the skirt in off-white. Then I did some frills around the collar and mesh sleeves in off-white. How is that?

I've been trying to make Dora a lot of international outfits. So far I've done China, Japan, Ireland, Scotland and Hawaii (not in that order).

Yaviiniia,

I can see it, :lol and it sounds pretty cool. I saw somewhere around here where a lady does her dolls up for her table for different holidays, you could do that, too! Sounds like she will be one well tracelled girl!

Okay, Creativity, here goes. My favorite outfit I've made Dora so far is a St. Patrick's day dress. I used Darski's 'Dressed for February' pattern, but widened it two stiches in back and lengthened the middle stripe of the skirt by one row. I did the main part of the dress in green, with the middle stripe of the skirt in off-white. Then I did some frills around the collar and mesh sleeves in off-white. How is that?

I've been trying to make Dora a lot of international outfits. So far I've done China, Japan, Ireland, Scotland and Hawaii (not in that order).

Totally WoW

I always hoped that people would take my ideas and just go with them. that is what I was trying to provide; bits and pieces that could be anything.

Ooooh, you so need a camera.

Darski,

I love your new outfits, they are so cute! I think we are all ready for some spring yellow in our lives. Especially when it is that beautiful!

I am living with :queen "The Queen" :queen of demanding little girls, btw. My 4yo dd never stops wanting to know how to do something. She's just beginning to read, write, and do some math. I love showing her how to do crafty things, since I book taught myself it is cool to be able to see her eyes light up when she gets how something works. As long as these are the kinds of demands we are hearing, life is all good:yay

Also, your nightgown pattern double stranded ww, with a k hook fits these dolls perfectly, just made one, and dd is loving it.

One more thing, dd wants to know if you named your new doll? We live on a farm and she is in charge of naming everybody that comes to live with us, so she thinks she needs a name.

Great outfits, Darski! As usual. I was wondering.. is that one of those our generation dolls from Target or was it an actual craft doll. I found one that looked similar at:

http://tdcreations.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=303&osCsid=2bccd499561c082cd25dfb33949134a6

but I'm not sure if that's the one. I like the look of the dolls without teeth showing.

Yaviiniia Loenla Enath you can buy a disposable camera anywhere (Target and the like are cheaper). Then take it to Wal-Mart or most anywhere to be developed. When you're filling out the envelope form, be sure to also click 'disk'. It costs a little extra, not much, then you can pop it in your computer, up load it to Photobucket (after you create an account), and post it here.

You can also get them online but you used to not be able to link to them. Not sure if that's how it still works.

Anyway, you CAN take pictures and post them. :)

Great outfits, Darski! As usual. I was wondering.. is that one of those our generation dolls from Target or was it an actual craft doll. I found one that looked similar at:

http://tdcreations.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=303&osCsid=2bccd499561c082cd25dfb33949134a6

but I'm not sure if that's the one. I like the look of the dolls without teeth showing.

Yes she is Sunnie - an Our Generation Doll. She is a sweetheart but very demanding...:manyheart:yes:wlol

Darsky, your new outfits are great. That garden party dress has me longing for spring, but the snowsuit is more reality. It was 10 below here this AM.

That is why I made her a snowsuit and called it Spring Blizzard. I woke up to 0 deg F. yesterday

That is why I made her a snowsuit and called it Spring Blizzard. I woke up to 0 deg F. yesterday

It was a bit warmer in my neck of the woods, we were at about 15F I think. But it flurried all day. And we were having the windows replaced. Why do landlords choose snowstorms to do this? All I know is that it got a bit nippy trying to work while they replaced the last windows in the livingroom which doubles as my office when I work from home. Luckilly I had plenty of crochet afghans to pile on top of me while I worked at the computer! And I love :manyheart my new windows sooo much. The house is much warmer already and much quieter too!

Darski, Thanks. I thought you came up with the name or I would have figured it out a lot sooner :lol.

Unfortunately I made a deal with my husband to stay within a budget for my crafting... which includes my dolls. So, I likely won't be adding anymore dolls to my collection for a while. I keep track of the budget...and he thought I was a little too liberal with my crafting supplies budget. Can you imagine being liberal with that? :devil

I added my latest 18" doll pattern in Original designs. This one is garden themed in my pattern but the parts would really lend themselves to being used in many ways and themes.

Look for Gardener's Getaway - 18" doll

gg1.jpggg6.jpg

She's very cute! I see she convinced you to make yet another hat for her! :) I could see it in summery colors for a nice evening sunset stroll on the beach.

I didn't find the hook I needed for the afghan until last night, so I finished the snow white outfit! I also started a Maid Marion outfit, based on the Maid Marion from the Robin Hood TV show from the 50s. In one episode she's wearing a long tunic and tights with a long cloak. I presume it was green (lol) but the show is in B&W.

I just finished the Dora Bathrobe, Nightgown and Slippers using Darski's Dora patterns. Thanks Darski! These are so much fun and it's all because of Darski. I do have 7 nieces and an adult daughter but I'm the one that still plays with dolls. Thanks again Darski for sharing your patterns so all of us can play.

t78970534.jpgt78970528.jpg

I just finished the Dora Bathrobe, Nightgown and Slippers using Darski's Dora patterns. Thanks Darski! These are so much fun and it's all because of Darski. I do have 7 nieces and an adult daughter but I'm the one that still plays with dolls. Thanks again Darski for sharing your patterns so all of us can play.

t78970534.jpgt78970528.jpg

They sound great, but I can't see the pictures :(

Archived