I know....I know....another fat bottom bag

leftiecrochetchick

You did a great job! I've yet to try lining anything. I'm too afraid!:blush

I was the same way. That's why it took me so long to finish it. I had it all crocheted up last week but the lining :eek . Trust me just give it a go and you'll be fine. Besides, I think that's what seam rippers were invented:yes .

:ty ladies for your compliments.

Oh and I might add that (this is why I love doing crochet). I spent $2.99 on my handles, $1.50/skein of Sugar 'n Cream (I used 1 and a 1/2 skeins, so $3.00) and the lining I already had FREE. So I spent a total of $5.99 on my bag :rofl . Sorry but that is my fave part.

thank you ladies once again for your compliments :hug .

honestly I was a little intimidated when I saw the picture of the bag because it does sorda look like it would be a little complicated, but after reading over the pattern, it was easy peasy. so glad I didnt let the picture get the best of me :lol .

i am going to make a few more. 1 for my mom, 1 for my SIL, and some for a few of my girlfriends.

You did a great job! I've yet to try lining anything. I'm too afraid!:blush

Here is an easy lining tutorial for the Fat Bottom Purse

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html scroll down to near the bottom of the page.

btw,your bag turned out nicely and love the lining!!!:hook

Angie,

You're very welcome and as you make more of these bags, you're going to find it hard to give them away as you're going to want to make one in every color!! :lol

Great Job on the Bag!!

OK, so you twisted my arm. I went out and bought the book today for a way to pass the time for tomorrows 2 feet of snow we are supposed to get here.

So, my question is, does anybody know how much of the 5 oz lion cotton skein is needed to make the fbb? The cotton colors that I would like to use from my stash are smaller, sugar & cream skeins.

I am so determined to use up at least half of my stash before I buy any more new yarn. Hey, a girl can only dream, huh?

I LOVE this fat bottom bag you all have made!!! :) Where is this pattern located and can it still be gotten? :think I have to make this bag!:hook

Hi Pam,

This pattern is in the book Stitch 'N *itch Crochet, The Happy Hooker. The designer of the fat botton bag, from skamama.com has some other cool stuff online, too. The book isn't just patterns, but tons of great instructional stuff, too.

The patterns are all actually from tons of different people, so it is very lively. I just bought it today and devoured it during a very long car service appointment, it was that cool.

I make purses and have been snailing about putting a lining in mine.Buying the fabric ext... but I do have left over blankets from my little one so maybe I wont feel so bad if all goes wrong.humf I'll have to use some scraps or 1 $ yarn.Too

But hey your purse looks great I feel inspired.

Archived