Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

Millie, I'm glad you're beginning to find your way around the forum! :yay There's lots to do here, and if you ever find yourself needing help on a project there are many willing souls waiting to help out - people who live all over the world, too!:hook

Dive in on one of the CALs (Crochet-along) if you'd like...and the charity category of the forum is a place where you can find places to help/donate to should this thread ever close or you just want to try another one. I think even at your early level of membership you can get on most, if not all, of them:think . You might want to check the forum guidelines and FAQs.

Thanks for helping out!:hug

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kathy, if you had a bit of OCD, as I think I do, you'd be joining the squares fast, too:P !! (Not to mention the fact that I'm not going to school, like you are!)

OCD...that's another reason for me to pass this project back to you: I don't know how to divide my time to work on my other projects, --- or HOW TO STOP JOINING SQUARES!!! I'm obsessed~!!!!

Three CALs I'm in are all about joining squares, too!!

I think I've lost it:lol :D:P:eek:yay !

I don't join as fast as Judi right now. Maybe when I get done school and have a little more time on my hands I can whip them out; but right now it's slow and steady.

losing,

slow and steady wins the race hun. :)

Sandy

I mailed 6 squares yesterday -- that envie was a true squishie!

Thank you! I'll let you know when they get here.:hug

I hope as I post these that those who sent square can see theirs on the finished blankets:clap . I have some set aside from early contributors that will be used for more "girlie" looking ghans...esp since I played with them a little:D th_HPIM0101.jpg

The pic is "clickable"...

Thanks for the PM Judianne. I am glad the squares made it. That was pretty quick for for the postal service.

The po$tage was not as bad as I thought but I could not stand to see it go by slow boat.

This was a fun project.

Sheryl

How do you guys get any crocheting done? I get on the form and then it is time for bed before I know it and then I haven't even worked on anything. My DH says I'm crazy any way. He likes when I do the squares as I can stay of front and chat, when I'm working on a larger afghan (like now) I have to sit in the back on the bed then he says I ignore him. Poor Baby. I really enjoy this site!!

How do you guys get any crocheting done? I get on the form and then it is time for bed before I know it and then I haven't even worked on anything. My DH says I'm crazy any way. He likes when I do the squares as I can stay of front and chat, when I'm working on a larger afghan (like now) I have to sit in the back on the bed then he says I ignore him. Poor Baby. I really enjoy this site!!

I've been known to sit in front of the computer with my crocheting in my lap:lol ...if- (borrowed from The Knit's End) - I could figure out how to do one of these things with my toes, that would be perfect!:rofl :rofl :haha

Thanks, Linda. I've really been enjoying putting them together:) :c9 . I do have a few of yours I'm holding back for a more neutral colored laphan I have in mind...and others may not have seen all of their donations in pics yet, either...but they're ALL going to be used!

And I purposely made the newer pics "clickable" so everyone can see their work up close.

Ok I am a beginner on the granny squares and would like to help out. Does anyone know easy instructions to make one. I am not really good in starting them so if anyone can steer me to one I would appreciate as I want to be like all of you guys and help out when needed.:manyheart

Ok I am a beginner on the granny squares and would like to help out. Does anyone know easy instructions to make one. I am not really good in starting them so if anyone can steer me to one I would appreciate as I want to be like all of you guys and help out when needed.:manyheart

If you go to Crochet Pattern Central, on the left you'll see Instruction Directory. Click that and you'll see a place to go for How to Make a Granny Square. There are tons of free patterns for you to use to get your feet wet.

Enjoy!:yay

To whomever will be accepting squares next week (Kathy, I believe?):

Will there still be afghans that are designated to go to children? I ask because I've been playing a lot lately with squares that are more child-themed, like some Golden Snitch ones from Harry Potter, etc. I don't know if they'd be great for adults, but I'm not going to use them, they're just for experimenting, so I'd like to give them a good home.

Hi, pigtail!

Kathy will let you know if there are any children in the hospital presently - if she can't use your squares, I have a connection to Project Linus, which donates blankets to children from infants to teens...so hold onto your "experiments" either way!

Thanks for getting in touch:hug

Hi Pigtail

Judi and I actually live only a few minutes apart, so if some squares are better suited for her Project Linus blankets I'll make sure she gets them. All the patients at Hartwyck are adults.

I had enough of one batch of colors to make this one - only had to whipstitch and border it....

th_HPIM0103.jpg....see Sparkie's paw? He always watches me do this!

Judi,

I love the colors on your last afghan pic! It reminds me of a tropical place.......... Wish I was there instead of here bracing for the next round of SNOW!!!!

Sheryl

Judi,

I love the colors on your last afghan pic! It reminds me of a tropical place.......... Wish I was there instead of here bracing for the next round of SNOW!!!!

Sheryl

It was a pleasure to work with them just for that reason!!

Those squares do make me feel tropical...even though it's gotten COLD again tonight. Enough winter, begone! Actually it was warm enough today that I took Tim out for a few minutes in the sun. Several other patients were outside today too, and it was nice to see the lapghans getting good use.

I know that afghan is as cuddly as it looks. It's really nice Judi!

How long is it going to be before you get out from under your mountain of squares?

Sheryl

Archived