Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

Judianne,

I'm still adding to the ones from the CAL,I'm almost at the # that I want to send,my daughter's move this week has slowed me down some,next week I should be making better progress

I'll pm you when I'm getting ready to send them out.

Linda

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, gang, I'm just about finished with the lengthwise strips for this colorful ghan...and it's really bright and pretty. Thanks, Donna from OK (a fellow member of Stitches of Love) for sending the huge supply:hug...you made it possible to stitch this one up as a full sized afghan. To keep the pattern the way I started it, I have 6 squares left over - to be applied toward the next blanket!

Once it's finished I'll post a picture here:hook

Hi!!

I have a TON of bright colored yarn laying around, and I would love to help!! This is what I'll use for my 200 Blocks CAL!! Perfect!

Where should I send them to?

Jessica, I'll PM you with my addy...

Thanks!:hug

Hi, ladies....everyone's been so generous!:c9 When the mail came today and I had 4 packages of squares I knew it was time to pause so I can get caught up. I'm glad I wasn't home to see the mail carrier with all that!

Maybe around St. Patrick's day I can handle more. I'll still be updating the site with pics of the finished ghans.

Thank you for such a wonderful start!:hug

More later!!:hook

PS...if you've already sent some parcels that's fine!!

Thanks so much, Patty! I'm amazed at how easily I'm able to put these ghans together - and I'm enjoying it. It must be because I know where they're going, because I never used to like joining squares together at all!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work!

Safe travels!:manyheart

I'm nearly done joining this next ghan...pics coming by the end of the week!:clap

Then to dive into the huge tote filled with the others! I also have at least 2 long strips, which, when edged, will make great scarves!:c9

I LOVE my "stand by army" of crocheters!:hug

Kathy, I'm amazed, too, at how fast I'm working - it's just with so many new squares coming in all at once I had to hit the pause button on donations. Everyone was great!:c9

I'll be calling you when I want to pass on a batch of ghans so you can bring them up to the hospital.

Hope all is well....:hug

Judianne,

This will be one of my projects for spring break(week of march 11th), so you should receive my squares around st patricks day. :)

Thanks, Jessica! :hug I'll be ready to add to the pile by then!:hook

Kathy, I'll be sure and shout for help BEFORE I feel like I'm going down for the third time!:help ...almost...:D

hi!

i'd be very interested and i happen to have some very bright green i'm working with right now :clap

Hi, back at ya! And Welcome to the 'ville!:hug

What's your name?

I would welcome the squares (6 inch if you can manage), but if you could hold on to them for a couple of weeks until I put a dent in my current supply, I'd appreciate it.

As we get closer to St. Patty's Day just send me a PM (private message) and I'll give you my address.

Happy "hooking"!:hook

Now I know what to do with that skein of turquoise that I *thought* would be perfect for edging the BICO I am working on. Turns out if was not the right choice.

I might also have a couple of really bright scarves that are edged or double stranded with fun fur. Not as functional as they are pretty, but they would be good for women wanting to cover a tracheotomy scar.

That'll be great Knikki! I'll be looking forward to getting your turquoise squares (one of my favorite colors - as well as my birthstone!) 6 inch squares, if you could...thanks. And when you're ready to send them I'll PM my addy to you.:hug

And Patty - for years I hated joining squares - until I learned how to do it properly - then it was easy. It's kind of hypnotic, really, and very relaxing...:c9

Archived