Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

These are some squares I still had from your generous donations last year. It's the size for a crib, so it'll likely be a project Linus donation or the 'ville charity blitz for this month. The hospital this thread was started for doesn't need any for the near future.

I'm getting a few more edged and will be putting them together - updates as they're made.

Thanks to everyone!:hug

Count me in! I'm so excited to be able to help children!

EDITED

Ooops, I realized that you don't need squares for this hospital anymore, but if you do, I'd definitely like to help (well with this project or any other that needs squares!)

Count me in! I'm so excited to be able to help children!

EDITED

Ooops, I realized that you don't need squares for this hospital anymore, but if you do, I'd definitely like to help (well with this project or any other that needs squares!)

Great!

Check on the Charity CALs...for Project Athena. Chris is taking squares for baby ghans as well as blankets and hts, etc...

Thanks so much for wanting to bless others with your talents!

Great!

Check on the Charity CALs...for Project Athena. Chris is taking squares for baby ghans as well as blankets and hts, etc...

Thanks so much for wanting to bless others with your talents!

:manyheart Thanks for passing along the info Judy!

We're taking squares of any size for preemies and newborns! Thanks! :manyheart

I just saw this thread. Right now I am working on the 'Warm Up America' rectangles, but once I get my first batch sent in, I could do some 6" squares and/or scarves. I may even have a couple of completed scarves around here... let me check. I love making squares but absolutely hate putting them together... so this will be great.

Joan

Here's the latest lapghan/baby ghan I edged and joined.

Many thanks to all who have helped! I have some squares left, but the pile has shrunk to manageable size now. I didn't want to out off making these any longer than I already had. Part of my New Year's resolution is to do more of this.

th_HPIM0416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to send some 6" squares in please let me know the mailing address!!

We're on hold right now, since the hospital has a backlog...so many generous ladies here...

But if you check the charity threads, look for Project Athena. Chris will take squares for baby blankets - ask her for the particulars.

Thanks so much for your generous spirit!:hug

I've never done this so please explain the process. What kind of squares...I could probably do some.

Check with Chris on the Charity thread for Project Athena - she can use squares, I believe of all sizes, for her baby ghans. We have a backlog right now, so won't be taking any for a while.

Thanks for checking in!:hug

• 4 months later...

Hi, ladies - I have in front of me a nearly completed pile of bordered grannies. When I have them all done and joined I'll post a pic to share. The finished lapghan will be donated to a nursing home (Sissie, here on the ville started the thread).

I can't thank everyone enough. Your generosity during this project has been overwhelming and truly humbling.

Bless all of you....:manyheart

I have some bright colored yarn leftovers and would love to make squares for you. 6"?? How many are needed for a lapghan?? I assume your deadline would be closer to fall for scarves?? Finishing up a couple of afghans now and can start soon. I could also do a full lapghan rather than squares if you give me a size. Whatever you prefer.

Thak

Linda:hook

Hi Linda,

Any size you like to make is fine, cause the laps come in all sizes, depending if the person is in a recliner type chair or wheelchair or bed. Yes, I'll be doing scarves, shawls, hats and mittens this year, too. While we have long term patients there like my son (2 years July 11th), the sad fact is new brain traumas occur all the time.

Here are a lapghan for Sissie's Nursing Home project and a cover for a isolette in a NICU where my neighbor works.

I used the last of the squares that were donated to me to assemble these, and I want to thank everyone again.:hug:manyheart

th_HPIM0580.jpg

th_HPIM0581.jpg

Archived