Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Amber...DH looked stunned when he saw the pile of squares in the corner of "my" room:lol ...if you hold off sending them for a bit that would be great!:hug

Judi, they are absolutely beautiful. Just be careful please, I don't want to hear about a first aid call to rescue someone buried in a pile of squares! And give Hubby an extra hug for putting up with all this.

Made from 11 inch squares, they fit together perfectly to make an incredibly soft lapghan:c9

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/judianne_photos/HPIM0077.jpg

...to be washed...and then the edges soften and lay flat. Every one of the ghans I've done has been basically self-blocking.

That looks great, Judi.

Thanks!

I'm going to start putting the completed ghans in my car soon...they're taking over:lol ...maybe next week we can arrange a transfer? I'll reach out to you...:manyheart

Made from 11 inch squares, they fit together perfectly to make an incredibly soft lapghan:c9

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/judianne_photos/HPIM0077.jpg

...to be washed...and then the edges soften and lay flat. Every one of the ghans I've done has been basically self-blocking.

that is a lovely afghan. Your are doing a wonderful service. :manyheart

Thanks, Firey...:hug

I'm just trying to do something in my own small way - when I see people who are suffering (my MIL passed away in a nursing home 1 1/2 months ago after a horrible and debilitating illness) my heart reaches out to them. I also think: "there but for the grace of God go I."

If everyone does a little something, what changes we can make to the world!:manyheart

Here's a pic of some squares, scarf-length strips and stars, flowers and such whcih have been generously donated. The stars and flowers I have plans for, as I do the scarves, but I haven't used the squares yet. Their sizes have given me a bit of a challenge, since they don't quite match the 6 inch size of most of the other donations. I have a batch of single colored squares and a few with 2 colors. I have some thoughts of my own on how to use them...but I thought I'd ask if anyone out there in the 'ville has their own creative suggestions.:think:hug

This is the first time I've ever been involved in something like this - so it's all new!:hook

I'm thinking we can reach my goal of having a ghan for every new patient as they come in; so they can feel more comfortable in their new surroundings.

That's great, Kathy!! :yay

Judi, i have some leaf green squares with a yellow heart in the center. I know youve probably said this but if i can make a whole lapghan will that be okay...i will also send some single squares

Amber, are you sure you want to send something that big? The postage would be huge, I'm sure. I'd welcome it, but do you have a hospital or nursing home (elderly people) nearby where you can give a completed ghan? Individual squares are always welcome here, though. I'm beginning to put a dent in my box of squares, so I'l be accepting more in a week or two...

Thanks for helping!!:hug

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/judianne_photos/HPIM0086.jpg

Here's the latest assembled ghan - a bit bigger than the last 2 - and if you look from the right, in over thefirst few rows you'll see some flowers I sewed on. One of the contributers kindly sent them. I think they add a unique touch.

Very pretty colors, Jessica! They remind me of Spring...and watermelon:D ...yum...

I'll be watching for your package. Thanks!:manyheart

Archived