Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

The patients ages range from 22 up, Tim seems to be the baby of the unit at 22. A few of the patients would be able to use 'working length' shawls, not too long in the behind if you know what I mean, when they are sitting in their wheelchairs. Just something over the shoulders to keep off a chill.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like shawls or wide scarves would be a great idea, too:hug ...now when I make shawls I measure the width against myself, so it's not too big, but you want it to to be big enough to wrap over itself and cover their chest. Just not too wide so they get stuck under them when they sit!

Kathy, is that the best way to describe the size?:think

Okay, Kathy...we're on a roll, as they say:clap

I have odds and ends of Homespun here which will work...for scarves too...love the texture of that stuff:c9 ..and I tend to over buy for projects!

I've been hearing from a couple of people that they're sending me squares:clap :manyheart

...and as I mentioned, this is ongoing, so NO pressure and no deadlines. Unfortunately, I think there's always going to be a need for projects such as this one. At anytime down the road I'll be willing and able to put together your gifts of time and caring...

Judy,

Just wanted to let you know how I was doing,I have about three scarfs made and about 10 squares made.I will make some more and send them out.

Thanks!!

Terry

Terry, that's terrific!:cheer I've been feeling bad that I haven't made any scarves yet, and you beat me to it. Winter is going to be around New Jersey for quite some time, so they're needed. Thanks!:clap

Most of the patients have had tracheotomies at one time and have a scar. Several of the ladies have asked for scarves as a bit of cover up, or just to feel more girly.

I have lots of Homespun yarn in my stash...they make very soft scarves!

...and Kathy, I'll let you know (within a reasonably short time) when I'll be dropping some things on your doorstep:c9

Kathy, maybe we can meet on Main St in Matawan...are youa caffeine addict? Starbucks is there:D

I already have an afghan (not a very big one) that I washed and bagged for you. I made it out of squares a long time ago, using Matawan HS colors: some gray, but lots of burgundy, marroon and white, too. I had it in a box, and almost never used it. And once I get the first 2 boxes with squares I'll put together and the scarves the pile will be big enough to pass on to you!

See you soon:hug

Hi Judi...now Janet got me started on scrapbooking, plus she's crocheting and knitting for Hartwyck. And I found 2 skeins of funky pink/white yarn for a scarf for only $1.50! One of the girls will love this.

I'm not going NEAR scrapbooking:eek ...and that yarn sounds like fun!! Anxious to get matched with your secret pal? I am!!

I think what you are doing is wonderful, I can do squares as we go down the road. If you send me your address I will mail out a box when I get it filled.

Patty

Hi, Patty,

Thanks for any help (6 inch squares are what we're working with). I'd like your snail mail addy, also...I'm PMing you.

Hi Judi. This sounds like a great idea. I can make up some squares and possibly other things. pm me with your addy and ill send them when i get some of my other projects out of the way

Thanks, Amber...I PM'd you...:manyheart

I'm always in the middle of other projects, too, though this one will get my immediate attention the minute I get the squares coming in...I'm also going into my stash of Homespun and making some scarves (for which there is a need, too), which work up fast.:hook

If you could also send me your snail mail by PM, I'd appreciate it - I need to keep better track of everyone!:hug

Hello,

Pleae send me your address as well, I have alot of odds and ends and I just got 5 granny square crochet books in a lot of crochet books I won on Ebay.:cheer

I PM'd you:hook

Archived