Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

judianne

We finally got home and I am about done with my squares and will mail them out 13th or 14th. Let me know when you get them, I have a baby afghan to get done but will work on more after I'm finished with that as I have lots of yarn.

truckin Patty

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judi- I guess the postage would be alot wouldn't it :think lol i didnt think about that. Well okay I'll just send the squares, probably alot as i have just found my new fav square pattern. Like i said before i wont send them now because i dont have the cash right now, but it seems like you have enough squares to keep you busy for a bit lol. Will let you know when i send them.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/judianne_photos/HPIM0091.jpg

I made this blanket bigger - in fact, part of it is cut off in the pic! I've been trying to vary the sizes on purpose.

I put it in the wash to block it after taking the pic - and to get rid of the dog fur:D

Judi ~ The afghan is so cheerful and pretty! :) You have received some wonderful squares and your joining work is great.

:think Can you share on Every Happy House...? Some people may not have seen it!

How many lapghans have you made now Judi?

I've made 5 and also have donated one that I made for myself years ago but never used. The 7th is more than halfway done.:D

Your afghans are great! I have a good size supply of squares done and I will probably keep hooking through the weekend then send them off to you early next week.

I've been watching for your pictures of finished afghans and you are doing a great job. I'll be pming you later today or tomorrow with a couple of questions.

Sheryl

Your afghans are great! I have a good size supply of squares done and I will probably keep hooking through the weekend then send them off to you early next week.

I've been watching for your pictures of finished afghans and you are doing a great job. I'll be pming you later today or tomorrow with a couple of questions.

Sheryl

Thanks, Sheryl...I'll let you know when the squares get here

...and I'll be watching for your PM...

th_HPIM0095.jpgSCARVES...donated by someone and embellished (by me)

th_HPIM0097.jpgA ghan I made years ago - I haven't used it, so I'm donating it.

th_HPIM0098.jpgI added snowflake embellishments which were made by a contributer to our project.

th_HPIM0100.jpgSparkie is checking out the newest lapghan before it hits the washing machine. THIS is why everything gets washed before I package it up!

ALL PICS ARE CLICKABLE....

How pretty, Judi. My secret pal sent me enough squares for a lapghan plus some extras, so if you need a few more squares let me know. I'm edging the squares I have in dark blue; then have to figure out how to join them.

Kathy, I won't need any squares - yet! I'm expecting a batch (or more) of squares to come this week, and I'm working with some others right now that I have to tweak a little.

Soon I have to get caught up on my own stuff, so I think sometime in April I'll pass the baton back to you for this thread - if you want to keep the squares coming in, that is! Are you drowing in them yet?:lol

It's been fun, though... I'm so glad I decided to do it. Hospital rooms can be so drab and sterile...

I'll call you tomorrow (Monday) to see when I can hand off what I've put together so far.

The pics are great. I will get a box in the mail tomorrow after work.

My hubby found some yarn in my stash that was destined for something else and thought I should knock out a bunch of squares with it. So I did! I hope you dont mind working with extra bulky weight.

Sheryl

The pics are great. I will get a box in the mail tomorrow after work.

My hubby found some yarn in my stash that was destined for something else and thought I should knock out a bunch of squares with it. So I did! I hope you dont mind working with extra bulky weight.

Sheryl

I'll see how the extra bulky looks and feels...I'll know how best to use them. Everything I'm sent gets used in this project! I'm learning how to be creative:hook

Thanks for sending the squares:hug

Hi,

I'm at the end of a squares contest at another website but I would love to help with this project.

Can you PM your addy so I can send some at the beginning of April. I love to have ongoing projects. It keeps me going and I can get rid of my stash of yarn. Last Dec. I received a windfall of yarn from a generous lady and I promised I was going to use it for charity work. She made me promise I would use some of it to make my family and myself something. I must confess I'm done with the family projects; I've set aside the yarn I'm going to use for myself but I still have lots to use for charity work.

This is a very sweet project and I love to work with bright yarn.

OneStitchMillie:clap

...to Kathy Barber (losingmymind2) effective April 10th. Until then I'll gladly accept any squares you want to send to me and I'll finish using them all, giving Kathy the finished ghans to deliver to the hospital.

To each and every contributor to this ongoing project - Kathy and I thank you so very much for both your time and the money it has cost you to help. :clap:manyheart:hug

FYI: Kathy will be bringing "our" ghans, which I gave her the other day, to the hospital on Wednesday (along with those she has assembled, too, I'm sure).:yarn

My squares are off. We naturally had another snowstorm blow in yesterday before I got off work. Hopefully the mail will be moving again by tomorrow. and you should get them soon. I shipped priority mail.

Happy First Day of Spring! It's hard to say that when I'm looking out the window at a blizzard and over 3 feet of snow already on the ground.

Sheryl

My squares are off. We naturally had another snowstorm blow in yesterday before I got off work. Hopefully the mail will be moving again by tomorrow. and you should get them soon. I shipped priority mail.

Happy First Day of Spring! It's hard to say that when I'm looking out the window at a blizzard and over 3 feet of snow already on the ground.

Sheryl

UGH!

We have the last of our snow holding on - but only in the shady areas. This "winter" our hyacinths popped their leaves out twice! Once in January!!

The robins are flitting around, anyway, so Spring IS here!

Stay safe...and I'll let you know when the squares get here.

Thanks!:hug:manyheart

Thanks Judi. This has been fun. I have a couple of other projects in the making right now so I'm going to try to keep a stash of squares kept up with my scraps. It will probably be a while before I'll be back into this particular project. If you need me, do not hesitate to let me know.

Sheryl

Hi Judi,

I'm beginning to understand this group better. I finally found your message and got your PM. I see that you're passing the baton to Kathy so I'll be sending you some colorful squares by a week from Fri. I'll let you know when they go out.

Thanks for your patience with me. Now that the brain is defrosted, I'll keep surfing thru the 'ville. I was thrilled when I moved up from visitor to Jr. Villager. I'm working on getting to villager. This group is big but so many wonderful people hang here.

Have a wonderful evening.

Millie from NYC

Archived