Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

I know that afghan is as cuddly as it looks. It's really nice Judi!

How long is it going to be before you get out from under your mountain of squares?

Sheryl

I only have a small mountain right now:lol - some odd sizes too, so it may be a really creative time coming up ahead for me! I also have 2 puffies of squares coming from Ros in Wales - that should give me plenty in reserve to be able to use up what I have left.

More pics coming as I finish up - after I get the baby shower present crocheted for my friend's niece!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take over the squares as of now, Judi. Anyone who wants to send can send to me. I don't know how long assembly will take me, I'm not as fast as you; but sooner or later I'll get them done and making people happy.

I'll take over the squares as of now, Judi. Anyone who wants to send can send to me. I don't know how long assembly will take me, I'm not as fast as you; but sooner or later I'll get them done and making people happy.

Thanks, Kathy - I'll organize what I have as best as I can so you won't have to do that: in sizes, colors, etc. and I'll reach out to you in a week or so (there are still 2 people who mailed me squares -they s/be here by the end of the week). I also have three finished lapghans to give to you. If this is still going on down the road I may be able to jump in and help you again.:hook

It's been fun doing this - and these ladies are so talented! :manyheart

Have a peace-filled Easter...:hug

Just to let everyone know - if you haven't seen the squares you sent me used in a ghan to this point - you will sometime within the next month or so. Once I finish the baby ghans I'll be joining the squares I still have - instead of innundating Kathy with more work to do! I've enjoyed doing this so very much...

Pics will follow, of course:manyheart

Thanks, ladies, for all of your work!:hug

I still can't believe we found each other here at Crochetville, Judi!

We only live 5 minutes from each other, ladies; but didn't know each other until we met here. Judi has been an amazing help getting wonderful lapghans put together for patients at my son's long term care unit. I have told the therapists I would like to have every patient get a lapghan when they arrive; as a way to welcome them. With Judi's help, that dream has come true.

Are you ladies still looking for bright colored squares? I have a few random skeins of bright yarn that I would love to use up for a good cause ... let me know if you still want them, and which one of you to send to ...

Are you ladies still looking for bright colored squares? I have a few random skeins of bright yarn that I would love to use up for a good cause ... let me know if you still want them, and which one of you to send to ...

If Kathy doesn't need them, I'm looking to get started with Project Linus projects and their blankets go up to teenage years, if I remember correctly (not just babies), so bright colors would be welcome there.:hug

Work on them, and one of us will claim them!:yes:yarn

Thanks!!:manyheart

I have two 6-inch squares done, in a bright turquoise and a bright blue. (I will post pics on my blog later tonight, in case you want to look at them). I am going to the post office tomorrow, so I could send those to you right now, or I could wait and do more if you would rather wait and have me send more ... Let me know! :-)

I have two 6-inch squares done, in a bright turquoise and a bright blue. (I will post pics on my blog later tonight, in case you want to look at them). I am going to the post office tomorrow, so I could send those to you right now, or I could wait and do more if you would rather wait and have me send more ... Let me know! :-)

Jessi, it's up to you - I'm thinking of postage...whichever would be most cost-effective for you. I did hear that May 14th will see an increase in postage to 41 cents...

Thank you!:hug:manyheart

...and those colors sound great!

Ok ... I will see if I can get a few more done tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow (so that they don't get lost in the stash! :-) ) and then I will work on some more in the next few weeks and send more ...

Ok ... I will see if I can get a few more done tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow (so that they don't get lost in the stash! :-) ) and then I will work on some more in the next few weeks and send more ...

To Jessi, and anyone else who would still like to contribute squares for Hartwyck Hospital ghans, please mail them to:

Kathy Barber

33 Miriam Drive

Matawan, NJ 07747

Thanks for all your help! Kathy wil cry "Uncle" if/when she runs out of room!!:lol

:hug

Perfect, I was just coming to request mailing info. I will get some in the mail!

Thanks!

Hi Shawn

Thanks for the beautiful squares. I'm sure they'll go well in the next lapghan and brighten someones day. Yesterday I saw one of the patients being transported, and sure enough he had one of 'our' lapghans to keep him comfortable on the trip. And I'm seeing new faces that have come in recently, sitting with their lapghans. The therapists are making sure every new patient gets one.

Kathy, I sent a box of squares your way yesterday ... might take a few days to get there ... but they are on the way!! And I posted pics of the squares in the show and tell area ...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50465

Great! Glad to know they made it! Hope you can put them to good use!

• 3 weeks later...

Kathy, would it be possible to drop off a bag of completed lapghans to you in a couple of weeks? They're washed and ready to go...

th_HPIM0181.jpg(clickable)

Are squares still wanted or have you enough for now?

I still have plenty of a backlog...maybe Kathy needs some.

Angelfire...thanks...it IS bright, isn't it?:lol

Hi Squirrel

I can take squares, when I have enough, I'll put them together.

Judi, if you want me to pick them up, let me know; or you can drop them off...we still need to get to Starbucks, too! I owe you a coffee for all you've done for the patients at Hartwyck.

Archived