Bright colored squares for hospital use

judianne

Hi Squirrel

I can take squares, when I have enough, I'll put them together.

Judi, if you want me to pick them up, let me know; or you can drop them off...we still need to get to Starbucks, too! I owe you a coffee for all you've done for the patients at Hartwyck.

We're going away next weekend (June 1st) and I'll be crazy till then - how about I reach out fter I get back?

A decaf for you, if I remember correctly??:manyheart But you don't owe me anything - I love doing this sort of thing...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the afghan. Some of those squares look familiar! You do beautiful joining work.

I have been crazy busy at work for the last 5 weeks and have not been posting at all! When I get home I don't even want to look at another computer screen.

I also have not been crocheting much :(.

Sheryl

You're right, Judi. One caffinated drink a day is my limit, and it takes that for me to get out on 516 and drive! I did find out they make a yummy decaf mocha thingy I get when we go up to PA...only edible/drinkable thing on the PA Turnpike....

Have a great time away, Judi. I'll be around most of the summer, but might go house and bird sit for a week in mid June.

I love the afghan. Some of those squares look familiar! You do beautiful joining work.

I have been crazy busy at work for the last 5 weeks and have not been posting at all! When I get home I don't even want to look at another computer screen.

I also have not been crocheting much :(.

Sheryl

Yup...they SHOULD look familiar! They're really beautiful...

I noticed that many on the ville go through cycles in the amount of crocheting they do - I think lots of that is if a pattern really grabs them. We've had fun on the Van Gogh's Closet CAL...round ripples can take some amazing looks when yarn is blended...

You'll get back into it! After a break you'll suddenly become inspired again! Thanks for contributing...:hug

So colorful and bright! I love it! I love seeing how everyone's squares come together. That is beautiful. Someone's hospital/rehab room will be brighter because of you ladies!

Hello,

I was inspired by this thread, so I've made a lapghan. I know Judianne said no black, but they seemed to want the black to help them "pop." It's 36" x 45". Here's a picture:

538032674_d6b5ee6a3b_o.jpg

Would this be OK? Is the black OK and is it big enough? I could put another row of squares on if it needs to be bigger. If it's OK, I'll mail it off to Kathy along with nine other granny squares of various colors that I had left over. If it's not OK, I'll just send the granny squares and donate the lapghan elsewhere, just let me know.

Thanks Kathy and Judianne for doing this!

Linda Y

Linda, using black as a border was perfect! It's beautiful:cheer

We just didn't want to get a bazillion black squares and not enough colors. Using it as an accent is perfect, though. And your size is right in the ballpark. What size are your squares? Most of the ones I have are 6 inches, so it works out to 6 x 7 squares for ech lapghan, which is about the size you ended up with. You used beautiful colors and did a really great job!!:clap:hug

You also gave me an idea for the next one I join! I have black in my stash, but never thought to use it.

The postage to mail it to KATHY might be prohibitive - are you sure you want to mail it and not donate it locally? I'm sure she'll get back to you with her addy if you do -

This pic is the latest one I joined - I used navy from my stash to join and edge...

Kathy...can we meet next week so I can give you what I have so far?

th_HPIM0192.jpgclickable...though photobucket isn't being my friend this morning!

Eeep! I'm glad you noticed Linda is from clear across the country, Judi...I don't want her to spend a fortune on postage either. Donating it locally would be fine with me.

Do you still have my number, Judi?

I put the squares you gave me last time together with dark navy and they were beautiful.

Linda, using black as a border was perfect! It's beautiful:cheer

We just didn't want to get a bazillion black squares and not enough colors. Using it as an accent is perfect, though. And your size is right in the ballpark. What size are your squares?

My squares are 6 inches but I used the Dudessembly method to put them together which added inches.

Most of the ones I have are 6 inches, so it works out to 6 x 7 squares for ech lapghan, which is about the size you ended up with. You used beautiful colors and did a really great job!!:clap:hug

Thank you!

You also gave me an idea for the next one I join! I have black in my stash, but never thought to use it.

The postage to mail it to KATHY might be prohibitive - are you sure you want to mail it and not donate it locally? I'm sure she'll get back to you with her addy if you do -

I'll just mail it parcel post. It shouldn't be too bad. If I get to the post office and it costs a fortune I'll let you guys know. I seem to remember that you posted Kathy's addy a page or two back so I think I'm fine. I'll let you know if I can't find it.

By the way, beautiful job on the new ghan!

Linda Y

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I sent off the lapghan and nine extra squares I had Tuesday morning. I sent it by Parcel Post, so it may take a week or two to get there.

Have a Happy Independence Day!

Linda Y

I wwon't be able to do this for a while so Kathy has agreed to take the squares I haven't been able to work with yet.

Thanks to everyone for your help...it's been a wonderful project to work on!:manyheart

The afghan, squares and gift for us arrived safely yesterday, Linda. It's even more beautiful in person. Someone is going to be very happy, I can tell.

Hey Judy, when we get together again, Linda sent us each a hook holder that is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks

The afghan, squares and gift for us arrived safely yesterday, Linda. It's even more beautiful in person. Someone is going to be very happy, I can tell.

Hey Judy, when we get together again, Linda sent us each a hook holder that is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks

Thanks, Linda! Anything to help me organize my hooks is MORE than welcome!

Kathy, we are 3rd (I think) on the list to get the photo album from the Circle CAL...I'll see you then - maybe we can sit at Starbucks and pore over the pages together!!

I'm so glad they arrived safely. I was starting to wonder. :)

I'm glad you like the hook cases, Kathy. You and Judy can fight over who gets which one. :lol Judy, I don't know that it'll help you organize your hooks since it's only intended for one or two hooks. It's mainly to keep from losing your hook when you are toting a project around. I thought the two of you deserved a little present for taking on this project. :)

Take care,

Linda Y

Judy and I won't fight, we get along great. We both love crochet and coffee, what more is there? I can't believe my son has been at Hartwyck a year now. I'm just glad that with the help of so many crocheters I can make peoples lives there a bit brighter.

I'm so glad they arrived safely. I was starting to wonder. :)

I'm glad you like the hook cases, Kathy. You and Judy can fight over who gets which one. :lol Judy, I don't know that it'll help you organize your hooks since it's only intended for one or two hooks. It's mainly to keep from losing your hook when you are toting a project around. I thought the two of you deserved a little present for taking on this project. :)

Take care,

Linda Y

Now I'm really curious!

The ladies in this forum are something else in their RAOKs!

i could send one in that i have now but i dont think that it will be big enough it was sapose to be a baby blanket but i dont know who to give it to. all i need to know it the adress and i could send it to you. :hook

*+* kristina *+* :ducky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just to let you know, another batch of squares was posted Saturday so you should get them by the weekend.

Wouldn't want you to run out of squares :hook

Thank you! Who did you send them to, so we can watch for them?

Archived