Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I had a crochet dream last night:lol

With all the little balls of leftover yarn I should finish them up by immediately whipping up saltines. Then bag them in groups: dark, baby, bright colors all separated.

I'm really losing it:lol:lol:lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hug

:hi Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments on it. She loves it and I can already tell she isn't going to want to share it. LOL She was quite quick to tell her friends it was her blanket when they both said they wanted one like it. :lol

:lol Well, at least they know where she stands on the issue.

With all the little balls of leftover yarn I should finish them up by immediately whipping up saltines. Then bag them in groups: dark, baby, bright colors all separated.

:rofl That's fantastic!

uhh I had one too, that I was making some nice change for my work. That all I had to do was play in my craft room and yarn, and it was scary!!! One can hope right???

Sounds like a great dream to me :hook

uhh I had one too, that I was making some nice change for my work. That all I had to do was play in my craft room and yarn, and it was scary!!! One can hope right???

Oooh another good one :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Today's my day out :yay I decided to get up a little early today so that I'm not rushing around so much. Imagine that. Planning ahead. Definitely unlike me :lol

I think all it'll be today is bingo though. BD wants me to put off the grocery shopping til this weekend. So I'll probably be spending the afternoon working on my LC :hook

Have a great day y'all :manyheart:ghug

Sounds like a great dream to me :hook

Oooh another good one :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Today's my day out :yay I decided to get up a little early today so that I'm not rushing around so much. Imagine that. Planning ahead. Definitely unlike me :lol

I think all it'll be today is bingo though. BD wants me to put off the grocery shopping til this weekend. So I'll probably be spending the afternoon working on my LC :hook

Have a great day y'all :manyheart:ghug

Bingo and crochet, live doesn't get much better than that! :D

Good morning, everyone. Jonathan and family left before 7:00 am this morning. They have a 16 - 18 hour trip home so left very early. Kim and I will have a quiet day and then head home tomorrow morning as early as I can manage it. That lets John spend all day tomorrow with Kim for her birthday. I plan to sleep in on Saturday! I'm so short on sleep it's not funny.

Well, I've been sewing all day and I don't like what I made :lol That's pretty typical of my sewing though :P I should've just crocheted instead. Oh well, there's still lots of day left to make little black saltines :hook

Oh, no!! That's sad, but I know what you mean. Been there, done that. Good luck with all your little black squares.

You know....I haven't either. That's probably why my stash is getting increasingly large. I'm buying more than I'm using that's for sure.

Wow! I'm so glad she's okay. I hope she learns her lesson. That is very scary.

Well, I've had a stressful week. Two of my family members passed away on Monday within two hours of each other. First was my grandfather (step dad's father) who I wasn't overly close to, but it's still sad especially for my step dad. The second was my Aunt Jo. She's my great aunt on my mom's side. Both of the funerals are on Friday. Aunt Jo is at 10 and Estel is at 1. I'm taking the whole day of work, obviously.

Those deaths are on top of the fact that my Xavier's fifth birthday would have been in 10 days (8/29). I've been dreading that day for a few weeks. So, I'm a little tender, but not doing too bad. I've found myself avoiding crochet. I've been keeping my mind occupied with silly computer games.

Anywho, if you would keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if you're so inclined, we'd all appreciate it a lot.

Talk with you all soon. :hug

Oh, Nicole! :hug You will be in my prayers.

I don't know if Paige learned her lesson or not, but we're all very glad it turned out okay.

I'm with the rest of you on yarn sales. Love them!

I am new to this forums so can someone explain some of the abbreviations being used?

Example saltines solids DD and PTC

Thanks Lindi

Welcome to Crochetville and this CAL, Lindi! :welcome Shortcut abbreviations abound here. Here are some of the ones that drove me crazy for a while:

LYS = local yarn shop

IMO = in my opinion

WM = Wal-Mart

M = Michael's

HB = Hobby Lobby

BD = Cara's husband, big daddy

dd/dh/ds = dearest daughter/dearest husband/dearest son

There are lots more. Just ask whenever you get confused.

I finished the shawl last night with the exception of hiding the tails. It's on to pink squares and preemie afghans now.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :manyheart

Thanks for the info ladies I appreciate it. What are Saltines and Solids? I see them used alot in this thread. I just started the around the world quilt afghan a couple days ago. Got 35 squares done so far.still have 965+ to go. Going to be pretty though.

Does anyone think I can use Julies joining technique by running it on the doagonal instead of rows. the ATW quilt has strips of color running in the diagnol.

Thansk again ladies

Lindi

Thanks for the info ladies I appreciate it. What are Saltines and Solids? I see them used alot in this thread. I just started the around the world quilt afghan a couple days ago. Got 35 squares done so far.still have 965+ to go. Going to be pretty though.

Does anyone think I can use Julies joining technique by running it on the doagonal instead of rows. the ATW quilt has strips of color running in the diagnol.

Thansk again ladies

Lindi

We call these little squares saltines, because that's the size they are...:D

I left long tails on the saltines and joined my ATW in sections. You can see the finsihed product inmy blog (in my siggy line). Not sure if it would easy to join Julie's way or not. Never tried it.

Well since everyone has been enjoying my mom's recipes, I thought I'd share one of my own. I guess I'll call it beef vegetable chili. Stew meat, garlic, onion, zuchinni, stewed tomatoes, black beans, and chili beans. It's even better rewarmed.

Well since everyone has been enjoying my mom's recipes, I thought I'd share one of my own. I guess I'll call it beef vegetable chili. Stew meat, garlic, onion, zuchinni, stewed tomatoes, black beans, and chili beans. It's even better rewarmed.

My mouth started watering as I read this!!!:lol

Thanks, Joy.

Hey I just was told it was no problem to add more entries to the fair this year and that they don't have to be in till September 19th. I was thinking of adding the PTC to it. What do you ladies think?

I would definitely enter it! It's so unique...:cheer

Got your squares Mary! love em, and the magnet =)

Erin, please pm me you address for when I get back home with the squares. I've got 4 done so far today and plenty more pink yarn. :lol :lol :lol And your friend's first name, please.

Erin, please pm me you address for when I get back home with the squares. I've got 4 done so far today and plenty more pink yarn. :lol :lol :lol And your friend's first name, please.

done mam. thank you!

:lol Its a lot better then other dreams you could be having.

Hey I just was told it was no problem to add more entries to the fair this year and that they don't have to be in till September 19th. I was thinking of adding the PTC to it. What do you ladies think?
:yes & glad you did! Cant wait to see what you win!

Hi Joy! It sounds delicious.:)

Got your squares Mary! love em, and the magnet =)

Yay! I hope they're okay...since you said you would be bordering them, I didn't sc around each one to make a uniform edge. If I make anymore, do you want me to do that?

Good for you! We don't even have a county fair. :eek

Cara ~ Hope you have fun at Bingo!

Linda ~ Have a safe trip home. :manyheart

I had a longer post and it just went away!

Erin - DOH! :oops That's what else I needed to do today. Go to the post office :( I'm so sorry. Maybe I can get it out tomorrow :blush

Bingo was fun. Didn't win but it was fun anyway. Then we did a little shopping afterward. That wore me out. I'm out of shopping condition :lol

Think it's time for a little relaxing before supper :hook

Dang...I had a full post and lost it!!!!Makes me mad when that happens.:angry

This time im just going to say hope everyone is doing ok :hug

I'm working on a Christmas tree skirt since I don't have one...I usually use an old sheet,figured it was time and i had the yarn laying here.

Will check in again later!!

Archived