Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning, House Mates!:hug:manyheart

Diane, it sounds like you had a great week!

Marisa, I hope your yarn shows up:eek

Jules, I'll remind you never to do a sc ripple again:lol You MUST learn to say NO! ....After I learn how to do it:lol

Hi all,

Well, it is now 7:50 and I am just sitting down! Finished planting the flowers, tomatoes and basil and then DH got the idea that he wanted to run the hose from the spigot that is on the far side of the house, under the deck by the pool and under the regular deck- let me tell you this was not easy- nor was it fun- the hose kept getting kinked and of course I was the one who had to crawl under the deck!!! (that is under the deck by the pool .

After that project I told DH I was done for the day and took a shower and then made eggs and toast for dinner. No cooking for me after all the work I did today!!! I feel like I could take a nap, but if I do, I'll be up at 2 AM or so and then unable to fall back asleep!

Judy- Sounds like you had a nice day with your company! Did you sit outside at all today? It was so beautiful!! That was the one plus of working out in the yard today!!

You must be tired this morning! At least you got lots done....

We couldn't sit outside for the first hour - our neighbor decided to powerwash his house:P

Ever try to talk over one of those things?

We eventually got outside once he moved around to another part of his house... it was a beautiful day! We stopped at Dearborn nursery so our friends from upstate NY could check out the nursery there. It was all so beautiful!

I hope you long never-ending week goes well!

And we won't talk about what happened to the Yankees yesterday:P I'm just glad I wasn't watching it at the time!:eek

Judy Sandy Hook sounds like a fun place to go.

It is beautiful.

As we drove off the Hook I saw a red wing blackbird for the first time ever - it was perched on a cattail right at my eye level as we drove away...they like marshes from what I read, and that's exactly where it was.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-winged_Blackbird/id

Here's a map of the area if you'd like to get an idea. We drive all the way up to the Coast Guard station and park so we can walk along the bay, the left side of the Hook (Left on the map faces New Jersey. Approximately North and West on the map is New York City)

http://www.sandy-hook.com/sandy-hook-map.shtml

Well, I worked on more squares for my Jackson ghan last night - hubby likes to watch Survivor, so I kept him company. I can take it or leave it, though, esp if the Yankees are playing.18_7_35.gif

Off to start my day. Have good one, my friends.:hug:manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone.

Marisa, I hope your yarn is safe, wherever it is! Congrats on the puzzle success. I worked at them a little, but I am not good at puzzles at all. I didn't figure any of them out.

Joanne, hope your 12 day work stretch speeds by. I'm so glad I only work part time. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

Marlene, you thought a lot more about what Michigan is known for than I did. I totally drew a blank at that question. You'd think I could've remembered the Great Lakes, or Mackinac Island at least!

Judy, sounds like you had a lovely Sunday. Red winged blackbirds are pretty common around here, but we have a lot of water nearby. When I was growing up, we lived next to a stream, and there were lots of them.

This weekend DD went camping with friends, and nearby campers happened to be there, bird watching., They mentioned that they had seen a chickadee, and hadn't ever seen one there before. They are so common here, that even dd recognizes a chickadee. (and her interest in watching birds is pretty much non-existent!)

I got up at 5:30 this morning and went to work. Over the weekend the scheduling software had been updated and several days data was lost. Two people showed up at work, that were not on the schedule. Both of them wanted to stay, so I volunteered to go home. On my way home I went grocery shopping, so that's done for the week.

Morning ladies,

Marissa, I hope you find your yarn. Enjoy the game tonight!

JoAnne, I hope the next 12 days go by quickly for you.

Julie, good luck on the ripple afghan. :cheer you can do it.

Judy, we have quite a few of red winged black birds in are yard. We live on a lake. We have only been to Washington DC and Virginia as far as any where on the east side of the states. Some day we want to venture that way.

Cindy, enjoy your day off!

I need to some laundry, make some banana bread, housework and get some crocheting in. I hope everyone has a nice day!

Finally got the truck back today. Miracle of miracles....the entire job was covered under warrenty and I didn't owe a dime. Maybe things are beginning to look up. Or maybe it is just one step forward and a mile backward. I just wait for the next brick to fall. As you can tell, I am slightly bummed today. Living with an alcoholic is not easy.

:hug :hug :hug Glad the truck was covered under the warranty. Living with an alcoholic is hard. My dad was a dry drunk. Alcoholics Anonymous has a group called Al-Anon which is for spouses, parents, co-workers, etc. They give you a really good place to get information and practical help and a place to share what you are going through. And, of course, you can vent in here any time you need to. You can always pm me too. Hope things smooth out for you.

Good Morning Ladies,

Just a quick drop in to wish everyone a Happy Monday!!! :D

I just tracked my yarn package and it says it was delivered on Saturday at 9 am!!!! Today was the estimated delivery date. I have everything shipped to my job since it's hard to get anything at home since I'm never home during the days. Problem is the office is not open on the weekends......so, I'm desperately hoping either the cleaning people or the construction people were there Saturday morning at 9. Or, maybe they just mark it delivered when they make the first atttempt, which doesn't seem right.

I'll let you all know!!!!!

Gotta run

Hope you find your yarn waiting for you when you get to work Marisa.

LeAnna - It sounds like you had great fun at your yarn crawl.

Hi, Rose Red! :hi I don't have a list either.

Cheeria - Oh, your poor tummy! :hug Hope you are feeling much better today.

Marisa - You only missed 1! WOW! :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy I didn't even try it.

JoAnne - Hope today and the rest of your long, long week goes well.

Good morning to everyone. It's mostly overcast at this point this morning. They are calling for scattered showers all day today so I'm not sure how much sun we'll be seeing.

Kim was fine on Saturday and Sunday after her upset Friday night. Tired but that's about it. I was really glad John was home. I slept late yesterday and read a book, so didn't actually get up until about 4:00. Then I did grocery shopping and went out to supper. I got home just in time to watch the Survivor finale. Russel has figured out how to get to the final 3 but he sure hasn't figured out how to make any friends who'll vote for him while doing it. Not a single vote!

John went to the freezer to get some frozen yogurt for Kim and saw the blackberry pie I had bought and put in there to use as a treat for her when he's next on the road. He pulled it out and they both had some. :lol :lol :lol And he's the one who doesn't like deserts. :lol :lol :lol

well ladies,

i'm at work & my mailman just came with my yarn :):yay:clap

i had a feeling they just didnt change the status after the first attempt on saturday. just wanted 2 give y'all some piece of mind

gotta go do some narratives :(

Hey guys

Marisa- glad you were at the right place at the right time when they brought your yarn ! Wouldnt have wanted to miss out on it after ordering it ! Now you'llbe able to work more on your afghan when time permits .

Morning Jude and thanks for the links ,especially about the beach place --you can even hear the ocean on it -- nice website !

We see the birds here frequently ,the red winged blackbirds. I know very little about birds, but they are easy to spot and very pretty !

Hi Linda

I'm glad you got to rest up some yesterday ,and that Kim had a couple days with no stomach ailments again . Are you still going to take her in to have it checked ?

Hey Cindy- glad you ended up getting the day off. won't be good on the paycheck, but it'll be good to have a long weekend !

Marlene -- shove a warm piece of that banana bread through to me wen you get it done,will you ? That sounds really good .

Tab- keep plugging away at your ripple. I decided to try to buckle down and work only on this brown one to get it done and outta here, but I may be on Old Age Pension before that happens !

Judy, we have quite a few of red winged black birds in are yard. We live on a lake.

They're gorgeous - you're lucky to see them! I have 2 birdbaths in my yard, and one is just outside the window over my sink...I get to watch the byplay between so many species of birds such as cardinals, an occasional yellow finch, and others. We do have a resident robin who has claimed the yard and chases the little chickadees, the tufted titmouse...all of them...away from "his" birdbath:lol

Judy, sounds like you had a lovely Sunday. Red winged blackbirds are pretty common around here, but we have a lot of water nearby. When I was growing up, we lived next to a stream, and there were lots of them.

This weekend DD went camping with friends, and nearby campers happened to be there, bird watching., They mentioned that they had seen a chickadee, and hadn't ever seen one there before. They are so common here, that even dd recognizes a chickadee. (and her interest in watching birds is pretty much non-existent!)

I got up at 5:30 this morning and went to work. Over the weekend the scheduling software had been updated and several days data was lost. Two people showed up at work, that were not on the schedule. Both of them wanted to stay, so I volunteered to go home. On my way home I went grocery shopping, so that's done for the week.

I love nature, like you do.:c9

Getting to work that early when you didn't have to be!:eek At least you turned a lemon into lemonade:yes

i'm at work & my mailman just came with my yarn :):yay:clap

i had a feeling they just didnt change the status after the first attempt on saturday. just wanted 2 give y'all some piece of mind

gotta go do some narratives :(

:yay:yay:yay Play nice;)

I finished the blue on the RR before bed last night, next is purple and then i'm going backwards until I reach red again. I'm getting there I guess. :crocheting

have a great day!! :manyheart

:cheerGo, Tabby, Go!:cheer

Wow, I was planning on making a batch of banana bread today, too.

I grew up in Iowa and we always had lots of red wing blackbirds around in the summer. A river ran along our farm and we had several springs too. They were always a cheerful sight.

Jules, I'm glad you liked the website!

Off to the food store soon. Monday is a busy day at home: sheets changed, washing the others, dusting, cleaning bathrooms...all that.

At least I'm done now.

My day did start off really nicely today, though - I've been slack about reading my Bible on a consistent basis, so this AM I took it outside on the patio and Sparkie curled up next to me till I was finished with my quiet time. I felt so peaceful afterwards that I was able to tear through all the cleaning without hating it:lol

BBL!

Wow, I was planning on making a batch of banana bread today, too.

I grew up in Iowa and we always had lots of red wing blackbirds around in the summer. A river ran along our farm and we had several springs too. They were always a cheerful sight.

Nature is so healing...

Enjoy the bread!

I was so glad to hear that Kim was doing okay now. That's a relief!

Have a good one:hug

hello.

I have a question.....I am doing a crochet class for kids one day a week for weeks in the month of July for ages 11 and up. Do any of you have a really easy pattern or idea.....I was thinking a potholder but I cannot find a really easy pattern. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hello.

I have a question.....I am doing a crochet class for kids one day a week for weeks in the month of July for ages 11 and up. Do any of you have a really easy pattern or idea.....I was thinking a potholder but I cannot find a really easy pattern. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What about this one? Its all single crochet and has just the one seam to sew up at the end.

Hi everyone...

Busy morning this morning...Hub-E and I went upstairs and unloaded about 10 or so boxes and sorted through some books (downsized about a 1/3 I think) put a ton of stuff away, but we still have a long way to go, but at least we're making some progress...

I inventoried my stash from the yarn crawl...bought 2 or 3 crochet books, one of Debbie MacComber's novels, and a magazine...bought 2 skeins of #10 crochet cotton, some nice Germany yarn and a really pretty yarn with beads in it...

Each place handed out free patterns...some crochet and some knit and some other odds and ends...I spent probably too much, but it was still such a blast...and now I know where more yarn store are located.

I hope you all have a nice day, I have to go take a shower now after this morning's work upstairs...

hello.

I haven't made it, but Cindy;s idea looks good - give it a try and see what you think.

Hi everyone...

Busy morning this morning...Hub-E and I went upstairs and unloaded about 10 or so boxes and sorted through some books (downsized about a 1/3 I think) put a ton of stuff away, but we still have a long way to go, but at least we're making some progress...

I inventoried my stash from the yarn crawl...bought 2 or 3 crochet books, one of Debbie MacComber's novels, and a magazine...bought 2 skeins of #10 crochet cotton, some nice Germany yarn and a really pretty yarn with beads in it...

Each place handed out free patterns...some crochet and some knit and some other odds and ends...I spent probably too much, but it was still such a blast...and now I know where more yarn store are located.

I hope you all have a nice day, I have to go take a shower now after this morning's work upstairs...

I think you need a vacation:lol:lol:lol

Hello House Mates!

Cindy- how neat that the computer software messed up and you got to go home!!! Hope you enjoyed your day off

Judy- I too like Sandy Hook- but my fav place to go is Ocean Grove- because I like the little shops!!! Your morning outside sounds very peaceful and relaxing! I am sitting outside on the deck with my laptop trying to get a little fresh air while dinner is cooking.

Marisa- YAY for the yarn delivery- So glad you got it- Again have fun at the game tonight

Julie- Good luck with that SC RR! I don't think I would have the fortitude to work on it without doing other things in between!!!

LeAnna- that Yarn crawl sounds like so much fun- and hey, my opinion is you can never spend too much when it is on yarn, patterns, hooks!!!!

Linda- Glad to hear that Kim is ok and that you had a good weekend. That pie sounds yummy! LOL that the person who doesn't like desserts is the one who pulled it out to eat!!!

DH just called that he thinks the pasta is ready-so I'd better go check on it!

Tonight is Yankees vs Red Sox game so you all know what I'll be doing!!! (and probably Judy too- LOL)

BBL!

Tab- I think it's really neat that you are going to be teaching crochet!!! Good luck! The pattern link that cindy gave you is the one I started last night and it is easy!!!

I have a question- when you link sites, how do you get the link to just say 'here' instead of the actual link? Yes, I am a little computer challenged- LOL

Tab- I think it's really neat that you are going to be teaching crochet!!! Good luck! The pattern link that cindy gave you is the one I started last night and it is easy!!!

I have a question- when you link sites, how do you get the link to just say 'here' instead of the actual link? Yes, I am a little computer challenged- LOL

You use that little icon-thingie below the smilie face in the symbols above the box you are typing in. It looks like a blue circle with a sort of oval shape below it. It says insert link if you hover over it. I don't think the icons show up if you use the quick reply box.

You highlight the words that you want to turn into the link and then click on the insert link icon. A box pops up where you can put in the URL and then the highlighted words send you to that website.

(There...wasn't that technical!!!)

Thank you Joanne. I offered to volunteer and she knew I crocheted so.....ya know. :hook

Took the kids to the park, fed the kids, and now it is me time. I am going to play the Wii with the hubby. I'll be back....:yes

You use that little icon-thingie below the smilie face in the symbols above the box you are typing in. It looks like a blue circle with a sort of oval shape below it. It says insert link if you hover over it. I don't think the icons show up if you use the quick reply box.

You highlight the words that you want to turn into the link and then click on the insert link icon. A box pops up where you can put in the URL and then the highlighted words send you to that website.

(There...wasn't that technical!!!)

I am SOOOOO glad you asked that question Joanne.... Cindy, thanks! In all these years here I never knew how to do that!

Off to watch the Yankees....me and Joanne will be MIA till tomorrow, most likely:lol

'nite, ladies:hug:manyheart

Hi House, I'm feeling so much better today, my stomach is still sore but I can eat now without feeling sick. It must has been a 24 hour bug and I'm thankful it's gone. I did get to knit and crochet. I love the shawl I'm working on. This week-end is my daughter's baby shower but I doubt very much the knitted blanket will be completed. It's slow going. So far I'm on the third skein of yarn so the end of it will be very soon. I don't want to rush and start dropping stitches. How is everyone doing. I hope everyone is ok. I felt so hungry today that I made eggplant parm for dinner, so I got to run and eat. See you all later. :hug

Hi Everyone!!!

I am back after dinner- and the Yankees are winning 5-0 and it is only the top of the 2nd inning!!!!! Go Yankees!!!!:cheer:cheer

Thanks Cindy for giving the directions on how to post the links- and Judy, I'm glad I asked- I've been wondering how to do that forever and always forgot to ask. Isn't it great to learn something new?

Cheeria- Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

I'm going to try the link thing now

Here is the pattern to the potholder I am working on.

Archived