Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Happy Sunday, everyone. :) I've missed a lot again...but it was really fun to read the Friday "game" posts. Julie, for years I've told DH that if I win the lottery, I'm inviting all my 'ville friends on a crocheting cruise. :D

LeAnna ~ So glad you're all unpacked and are taking some time to relax...and crochet!

Diane ~ Your vacation sounds like lots of fun. :yes

Joanne ~ Your square granny is gorgeous! :clap The colors are perfect together. The Attic24 ripple is on my to do list - maybe someday. :lol

Sheila ~ Happy (belated) May Day to you, too! As children, we used to join flowers and hang them from the May pole and I loved it. I wonder if anyone still celebrates? :think

Linda ~ The hats are amazing! :yay Your quilt is going to be beautiful and I love the colors. I hope Kim is much better today. :manyheart

Julie ~ Your RR is wonderful! Beautiful colors and work, as always. :clap My very first crochet project was a single crochet ripple pattern. I was about 8 when my Auntie Ruth taught me to crochet and when she was sure my stitches were even, she ordered the kit from Herschner's catalog. I haven't made another one in 52 years. :lol We make good cheerleaders! :cheer

Hi to those I've missed, too. :manyheart

We're going to watch Little Guy for a couple of hours this afternoon while DD and her DH go to a birthday party. This will be the first time at least one of them hasn't been with him. He's such a cutie. :c9

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys

Joanne- yep, I've seen the ripple you mentioned and it's really pretty . Also sounds easy to follow. I'd be much happier to do that one, but the one this girl specfied is the sc ripple, so it's ok .

Linda- let us know how you like avatar --I'm not a movie watcher, but I'd ne interested in hearing how you like it. I think it was very popular when in the movie theaters.

Jude- must be much hotter there than here. I actually have on 2 shirts and covered with a blanket .

Hi ladies...back from church, got a breakfast pizza in the oven, Hub-E washed my car while I was gone...after breakfast, will straighten up the house and then, no excuses, CROCHET!

Hi everyone, slept in and went to church so far today. I'm still pretty tired though, so I think it will be naptime this afternoon. Tomorrow is a work day so I'll be up and at "em early.

Julie, you are a wonderful person for making a sc ripple for a girl you don't really know. A plain ordinary ripple was the second thing I ever crocheted, right after a giant granny square afghan. I made a ripple lapghan last year for a nursing home and found it to be very monotonous after a while.

Joanne, I like that attic 24 ripple a lot too, it seems to have a gentler appearance than a lot of the ripple patterns. Since it doesn't have holes, I may try that one for the next baby blanket I make.

Tab, that ripple you are making is really nice. I've never seen one like that. Hope you finish in time for the fair.

Mary, have fun with the little guy! I hope you win the lottery too!

Judy, I'm glad I don't live near that orchard. I'd be even chubbier than I already am! Everything sounds so delicious!

Linda, enjoy your movie.

LeAnna, glad you and Harry are home safe.

Diane, glad you're having a good time.

This is all I remember, I think...Oh yes, Marisa? were you the one who went to 17 wineries yesterday? Years ago dh and I went on a wine-tasting tour and we keep saying we ought to do it again, but we haven't yet. There are a number of wineries within an hour or so of our house, and more a little further north.

I've started a mauve colored baby blanket. I got the yarn on clearance last year, but once I had it home, I couldn't think of a thing to do with it. I usually am attracted to more traditional colors for baby blankets, (my age is showing), but my oldest dd immediately said it would be great for one. She is due in June and already has three boys, so I think she is hoping that she gets it. I am not using a pattern, just improvising as I go along.

Tab-

Yea, now I think I remember the afghan with the bear -it was very cute . Hope you can find the yarn you are searching for .

A pb parfait is just a HUGE hot fudge sundae ,it is done in layers of ice cream,hot fudge ,peanuts . It's REALLY good.

Don't they have them at your DQ ?

Yeah, I did see that sundae...but I stuck with a cone. :D

Hi, Hon!

I like that pattern ....but it makes me nauseous to look at the design:P

Have a great day.

It is really simple....I do not even need the pattern anymore. Super simple.

I do not know if I will be in here much today.....yesterday I though all of my problems were due to my allergies but I am second guessing that now. I keep getting sharp pains in the left side of my head, kinda in the back but up towards the top. Then when we got in the car from the grocery store I got really dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out....my vision turned black. UGHH, what is the problem? :think

You know it's warm out when th esquirrels are drinking from the bird bath - click on pics to see bigger version (I think)

post-8552-135897526901_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897526906_thumb.jpg

I do not know if I will be in here much today.....yesterday I though all of my problems were due to my allergies but I am second guessing that now. I keep getting sharp pains in the left side of my head, kinda in the back but up towards the top. Then when we got in the car from the grocery store I got really dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out....my vision turned black. UGHH, what is the problem? :think

Tab....go to an ER if you can. oain is one thing, but not the dizziness and vision going black.

AND DON'T waste time...not to scare you, but...:hug

Cindy, I always freeze lots of the new goodies as soon as we get home...or I would be scarfing it all down in one day!

Jude- must be much hotter there than here. I actually have on 2 shirts and covered with a blanket .

Oh, yeah, it's hot...see the pic I posted of the squirrel drinking from the birdbath? And the robins are hopping around with their beaks open, a sure sign it's hot!

Tab- I agree with Judy- you should get this checked out!!!

Judy- Love the pics of the squirrel- and yes it is HOT here again today- I'm inside with a warm afghan on- gotta finish it!!! LOL Enjoying the Yankee game and liking the way Hughes is pitching. Your goodies from Delicous orchards and what you have planned for dinner ARE making me drool:yes

Another homer by Cano!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Mary- Have fun with Luke today :manyheart

Cindy- A mauve colored baby blanket sounds really nice- and hoping that your DD will be the one to get it!!:)

LeAnna- are you :crocheting yet???

Julie- 2 shirts and a blanket? What is the temp in Ohio today? It's about 85 at least here- and like Judy said- HUMID!- Not a good hair day for me that's for sure!!!

Linda- My DH took his grandson to see Avatar in the movies in 3D- he loved it and didn't stop talking about it for days. And of course since he loved it so much, he had to buy the DVD!!

Ok, enough of a break- back to the ghan- the rows take so long now!! I am thinking 3 more than border- we'll see.......

Joanne- it's probably a high of 60 maybe today ? I am cold most of the time, unless it's like 80 or more out,then I get too warm . I don't like it when it gets that hot out -- 70something is perfect for me .

Tab- you need to go to ER --- those are not things to mess around with . It may be a new medication you are on, but it's better safe than sorry to let the Dr check it out .

Jude- your yard looks so peaceful -- nice and quiet and sunny and warm . We have lots of squirrels here too .

LeAnna- I hope you find time today to crochet. You are our west-coast correspondent, so I have to remember your time is 3 hours behind us ,right ? Or is it only 2 during daylight savings time ?

Cindy - I hope you got some extra rest today since it's back to the grind in the morning .

Hello and thanks everyone for the concern. :manyheart No ER for me....I am a tough cookie. I'll keep an eye on it. It could be my ear or the heat. My ear because I think I damaged it last week during an itching fit due to allergies. I dunno....if it still there during this week than I will see my Dr. I hate the Dr.'s so I avoid it at all costs. :yes Or maybe it is a sugar overload due to all of my ice cream eating. I had a chocolate milkshake for breakfast and a large cone a little after noon. :eek:blush

Julie~I am not on any new meds. EEK! I think the dizzy and black vision may have been the heat. The pain in the head, who knows.....if it was a pain in my rump than it would be an easy answer. :rofl

Tab...I have to admit, my body reacts poorly to too much sugar in a short amount of time....but I;m an old geezer, so it's par for the course.

If you insist on not going, at least keep a written record of when it happens...what you've eaten, etc. for the doctor.

GOOD AFTERNOON HOUSE!!!! =)

I've got GREAT news to share with you!!!! I got accepted into the Nursing Program!!!!!

Congrats!:yay:yay We have so many nurses, former nurses...and drop outs (like me:blush) here...that it's amazing!

Tab- you need to go to ER --- those are not things to mess around with . It may be a new medication you are on, but it's better safe than sorry to let the Dr check it out .

Jude- your yard looks so peaceful -- nice and quiet and sunny and warm . We have lots of squirrels here too .

We have the squirrels, a flock of robins that seem to have claimed our yard...and many other species of birds. It's a wonderful sight when - if you sit still - they forget you're there and splash away:)

Tab-

You ornery thing, you ... yea,I know what the pain in the rump is ...

I know you don't like your Dr -- can you find another one you like better ? Then it's not so bad to go if you like your Dr .

Be VERY careful when you have head things like that . you know that with your medical background though .

I actually had that black vision once --

Ever hear the saying that someone went BLIND WITH RAGE ?

Happened to me. My eyes were wide open, but I was as blind as Helen Keller .

Jude

you are right --

you went to nursing school

I'm a (retired) LPN

Tab is a retired LPN

Cindy is a nurse (RN ??? or LPN ???)

Joanne is a nurse ( RN or LPN ??? )

Linda- ( RN or LPN ???)

Anyhone else I am missing ?

Are all of you nurses? Really? I'm not a nurse...I was a secretary/admin. Asst./clerical for over 20 years...although when I moved back to Washington State, I worked in a lot of hospitals as a temp...

LeAnna- I hope you find time today to crochet. You are our west-coast correspondent, so I have to remember your time is 3 hours behind us ,right ? Or is it only 2 during daylight savings time ?

Cindy - I hope you got some extra rest today since it's back to the grind in the morning .

I'm 3 hours behind you...While in Germany if you are east coast, I was 6 hours ahead of you...

Tab- I agree with Judy- you should get this checked out!!!

Judy- Love the pics of the squirrel- and yes it is HOT here again today- I'm inside with a warm afghan on- gotta finish it!!! LOL Enjoying the Yankee game and liking the way Hughes is pitching. Your goodies from Delicous orchards and what you have planned for dinner ARE making me drool:yes

Another homer by Cano!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Mary- Have fun with Luke today :manyheart

Cindy- A mauve colored baby blanket sounds really nice- and hoping that your DD will be the one to get it!!:)

LeAnna- are you :crocheting yet???

Julie- 2 shirts and a blanket? What is the temp in Ohio today? It's about 85 at least here- and like Judy said- HUMID!- Not a good hair day for me that's for sure!!!

Linda- My DH took his grandson to see Avatar in the movies in 3D- he loved it and didn't stop talking about it for days. And of course since he loved it so much, he had to buy the DVD!!

Ok, enough of a break- back to the ghan- the rows take so long now!! I am thinking 3 more than border- we'll see.......

no, not crocheting yet...I know, I know, I've got to macrame myself to the couch and just do it...

Jude

you are right --

I'm a (retired) LPN

Tab is a retired LPN

Linda- ( RN or LPN ???)

I'm an RN, and I'm pretty sure that Joanne and Linda are too.

That's kinda neat with so many nurses (or previous nurses) all in one group .

LeAnn-- thanks for the times -- I get mixed up with them. when our girl lived in Hawaii, part of the year they are 5 hours behind, and part ,6 hours behind, depending on our time changes during the year.

Now, they are in Korea,so they are 13 hours AHEAD of us . It's just hard to keep track sometimes .

Jude

you are right --

I'm a (retired) LPN

Tab is a retired LPN

Linda- ( RN or LPN ???)

I think you have everyone...I think:think

That's kinda neat with so many nurses (or previous nurses) all in one group .

I know I feel secure:)

Maybe that's why we're all so caring ...goes with the nurturing part of our personalities....

Well, back to making more Jackson squares. I should be able to lay out the blanket and get a couple of new rows of squares all lined up tomorrow.:hook

Be back ...

Archived