Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

:hi Hi ladies,

Sheila~Your "little monster" is a cutie. What kind of furbaby is he?:dog

not sure what he is. he was our neighbor's dog that kept getting out and running around so we took him in every time we saw him running so when he got out he would just come over to our door.so when the poeple came home we would take him back home while on easter the owner said hey my kids arent taking care of him I'm afraid he is going to get killed from the busy street do you want him. well here the little monster is:lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, ladies! JulieKay has alerted me to problems accessing this thread, so it is archive time! I will be archiving older chunks of this thread so that it loads faster. When archiving is complete, I will post here to let you know. And if you still have any problems after that, please let me know via PM (if you post here in this thread I may miss it).

Oh, Julie, Cam looks so happy. You did a great job!

Thanks Julie and Judy. It will be more impressive when the contrasting block is beside it. Then you'll be able to see the overall pattern better. :hug

Hello everyone,

I am just getting ready to sit down with my :hook and thought I'd check in quick first!

Julie - The castle ghan came out wonderful and Cam looks to be thrilled with it :clap:yay I would love to participate in the round project. I don't really have a huge selection of yarns stocked, but may be able to find colors that others have trouble with. I guess I don't really need a specific looking pattern to choose if the goal is to make it as colorful as possible.....then I just need a pattern to follow so I get the stitches right ;) I would like to attempt a round ripple and see what happens, but I've never done a ripple, let alone a round one :eek So basically I just need a pattern of rounds to follow with the colorings of my choice:lol I'll keep looking around to find something.

Judy - I also fell in love with the purple RR bedspread and will like to attempt that as well, but that doesn't really fit into the colorful category for right now :( But on the brightside, the random colors and pattern will just help me get some practice before starting one like that and is supposed to look a certain way ;)

Linda - The quilt is coming great and I love the color pattern you're working with :D The filet is well under way and looks great as well!

Off to get hooking on the golf club covers....I need to get those done before I can start the round project :yes I get a couple pics up when I take my first break :lol

bbl

I DO love the purple RR, but have so much stash I may be tempted to just make either smaller multi-colored RRs or some rectangular grannies.

Or both:devil

I'll likely save the purple for when my stash of odds and ends has shrunk some more.

Thanks Jude & Linda

and yep, Cam is a pretty happy kid I'd say. We do our part to make sure he has whatever he wants while he's here .

Marisa-

It'd be great to have you join in the new colorful project. You don't HAVE to make it all the colors, that was more or less a suggestion or maybe a new WAY of doing the round ripples. They seem to be very popular right now .

I don't think you'd have any problems with the pattern . It is really simple, although I've never done one of the ones where you add the little corner squares to change them into the 24-points or whatever it is they are called .

I am REALLY intrigued with that huge bedspread one.

Part of me wants to do it, the other part says WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ???

Jude- do you have a bedroom that the purples would go in ? I'm trying to figure out if you mean that you would want a different color for the bedroom or if you want to make lots of smaller ones to get rid of extra stash ?

I was trying to think of some colors that would go nice with the purple if you were wanting to do it as a bedspread type one .

Any way you want to work it is totally fine with me .

And how was the shower ,and tell me about the CAKE .

Jude- do you have a bedroom that the purples would go in ? I'm trying to figure out if you mean that you would want a different color for the bedroom or if you want to make lots of smaller ones to get rid of extra stash ?

I was trying to think of some colors that would go nice with the purple if you were wanting to do it as a bedspread type one .

Any way you want to work it is totally fine with me .

And how was the shower ,and tell me about the CAKE .

well, my bedroom is sage green, but beige mostly. It's boring to me, but Phil likes it. Which is why my colorful "Amish-style" Jackson ghan is going to completley cover the bed when I'm through with it. 21 squares left to make, I think.

Of course, purple DOES go with green....:D It would be nice to have another as a change....and I DO have variegated green/purple, along with Aran which also goes well with the purple.

I could keep going with that color scheme till I ran out:lol

I do want to make some baby ghans and nursing home blankets - they can be great stash busters for my other colors.

And the ladies I went to the shower with had to leave early...before the cake.:lol

Oh, well....:P

It was still fun...good food, got to meet the family, so it was all good.:yes

Joanne, Crochet Dad (on the ville) has a 9 point RR pattern which doesn't involve changing the amount of stitches in the points. It might be the best pattern for you to start with.

Off to the baby shower! Later, gators:hug

Thanks Judy- I saved it my favs.

Thanks Judy- I saved it my favs.

I may use that pattern this time around if I make a big one.

Glad you liked it. He makes many of his using 2 strands of yarn and a big hook - gets wonderful shadings that way.

Julie- Cam looks great with that beautiful ghan!!!!

Linda- All of your work is so beautiful!!

Diane- Hope you are having a good day- and I read that NASCAR got cancelled due to tornadoes- Seems like Miss and Louisiana are getting some pretty intense storms!

Had a great time at Rutgers Day with DD! The weather was awesome- we did alot of walking around It was just perfect to be outside. I also bought some homemade raspberry jam that I can't wait to have on some toast tomorrow morning!

I have alot of different color yarns- When I made the Lucy tote I liked having all the colors so I have lots of of left-over plus some full skeins - not sure if I have enough of all one color- i.e. light green, med green, dark green, etc. But I have lots of different colors.

I think I'll be doing the round ripple - I'll give it a try anyway- but not till I've finished the ghan for my stepdaughter-

Back to the Game- Yankees winning!!!

Howdy gang, to those of you dropping back in for the evening .

Jude- yep, the purples could definitely blend in with greens and the aran, off white ,beige -- they'd all look fine together .

I'm game if you are . That would just be one big major undertaking,but they sure look cool when done .

Too bad you missed out on the cake, but glad you had fun ~

Joanne-

whatever one you choose ,if you have trouble, just holler, anyone can jump in with help . They really aren't hard , unless you happened to try one of them with the added points made with the squares, or some have bobbles tossed into them, etc. I've never tried any of the ones with extra doodads on them,so not sure how hard they are .

Anyhow, we'll all be here if you want to jump in .

I'm glad you had an enjoyable day today with your girl !

Well House,

I'm almost done with the first golf club cover....21 rows complete and only 7 to go :clap

OK, so I think I've made a decision. Julie, let me know if this fits the category. From Crochet Today All Time Best Blankets Special Issue 2010, there's an afghan called Rainbow Granny 'Ghan that I really like and already had on my list of projects anyway. It's several rounds sewn together AND colorful :D I'm going to scan the pic of it in to show you.

And for now, here are pics of my lapghan (front and back) and the little bit of the knitted project I began, which is moving slow, but moving nonetheless :lol

post-36814-135897524447_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897524451_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897524454_thumb.jpg

So here's the picture of the rainbow granny 'ghan :)

I was going to scan it, but decided it would be quicker to take the pic and put the memory card in the computer :lol

Let me know what you think and do you ladies have any suggestions on a good place to order the yarn from? It calls for Red Heart Designer Sport and I don't remember seeing any Designer Sport but maybe just because I wasn't looking for it. It calls for 10 different colors and I don't want to improvise because I really like the way it is in the picture.

Thanks

post-36814-135897524457_thumb.jpg

Marisa, that's great work! And my knitting goes slow, too:D

That's a nice pattern!

I've seen Designer Sport at AC Moore...or you can order it from the Red Heart site or Hobby Lobby,I would guess.

Closing for tonight - the Yankees won, so my world is happy right now:lol

CU all in the morning:hug:manyheart

Archived