bernat contest

:bang That site can be so frustrating! One day I'll be able to get in it no problem and the next, no dice! I haven't been able to get in for a couple of days now, perhaps there's just too much traffic on it because of this contest?

I'll definitely be entering! I got the info through the Bernat Newsletter I get monthly, and I kept trying to click on the "Click'n Win" pink circles! I wrote them and they said they are trying to change that so people will know not to do that! Anyway, I REALLY like the stash basket pattern in the "entry" area! I will DEFINITELY be making some of those for MY NEW CRAFT ROOM! :cheer

ok so to enter do you have to do anything? or just fill out a form?

also...what is up with the rules? has anyone read them?

it says:

(In canada, you are eligible to enter this contest, subject to satisfying the eligibility requirements and correctly answering a mathmatical skill-testing question. see paragrah 6 for details)

so then in paragraph 6 it says:

6. For residents of canada: if selected entrant is a canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathmatical skill-testing question via telephone as a prerequisite to being declared a winner.

what is up with that??

I don't know about the Canada thing, but anyone else think it's weird that of all the 'rooms' they have patterns for, there's nothing for the kitchen? I mean, that's mostly what I use cotton yarn for...???

[quote name=lee_ann;6107736. For residents of canada: if selected entrant is a canadian resident' date=' he/she will be required to correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathmatical skill-testing question via telephone as a prerequisite to being declared a winner.

what is up with that??[/quote]

It is a stupid regulation. If you live in Canada, you have to correctly answer a skill-testing question (math) to win pretty much ANY contest. Even draws where you fill in ballots in a store. I'd say the majority of Canadians are like me and cannot understand why. If you win, you should win, there should NOT be a test.

But, I certainly wouldn't object to answering that question to win the yarn, lol!

Sally

Sally

it is some legal thing about contests, I work in a store and all our contests had to have some little question, it is very simple, and like they say, you can have a calculator to help(think this is incase you are so nervous you can't add 2+2 (like I would be ) no big deal, I have had clerks tell me what the answer is when I put the slip in a box,,

So... what? Because you live in Canada you are supposedly intelligence impaired? (to put it nicely)

That seems insulting... especially when it comes from your OWN country!!!

Archived