When you get to crochet how do you do it

I have a lot of time to crochet, but I just cant focus that long. I will crochet a couple ripples and come back to it in 20 minutes, maybe n hour later. HOw do you crochet? straight thru? for hours at a time, or alittle bit come back and a little bit more?

well laura, I can personally sit for hours and do nothing but crochet..... the problem is, my children generally don't let me, they have this thing about eating, and being played with :rofl

During the day, when kiddos are awake, I can usually go 20 minutes at a time, then they nap for a couple hours, and if I don't nap with them I can do things then. But in the evening, the clock strikes 8pm, the kids are magically asleep in their beds, and I have the tv on to whatever is on, and I can crochet straight through till 11, or 12, or 1 depending on the project and how engrossed I am.

I too have a short attention span though, I work on a different project everyday of the week or else I get bored easily.

I usually work for hours at a time! Right now I am making a queen sized giant qranny square (bedspread) for the bed and I only have to go around 45 more times :eek but thats not to bad Iv'e already gone around 115 times:yes my goal is to have it done Feb 4th.

I could sit and crochet and knit for hours; but my arthris won't let me, I have to stop .

I have carpal tunnel syndrome too and I have to stop.

So , bummer I can't do them as long as I would like.:(

I would love to sit and crochet all day long....alas, I have not the attention span. :P I can go for at least an hour, but I have to put it down because I start getting really fidgety, and have to pick it up later. The only time I can sit that long is when I go to the my local SnB...I guess other women gossiping and stitching keeps me going. :)

Since it is winter and it very cold out. I sit on the couch watch tv and crochet. And on the interent. SO, I have alots of time on my hand. Since I have no kids living at home. How lucky I am? I dont look at the clock. I just do it. Unless I have something to do. Then I take a break.

I am with Jadyno5, i could sit and crochet all day, if i was allowed by my beautiful daughter abbie, but she comes and drags you around to look at the toys and play teaset, it is fun.... i think she needs a doily for her little table to play teasets on lol.

It depends on the time of day and what else is going on at the time. Usually during the day I'll spend a half hour to an hour working on something. In between cleaning or doing laundry, that is. After the kids get home from school, I'll spend about another half hour crocheting while they're watching their cartoons, before I start making dinner. After dinner, and after everything's cleaned up, I'll sit here from about 7 p.m. on and pretty much work constantly. I'll take 10-15 minute breaks here and there, but that's my "me" time. Which usually consists of me watching what I want to watch while crocheting and checking out the 'ville in between. :hook

I have lots of time to crochet as well, but I think it depends on what I've decided to work on. Some things I can't put down and will work on it for a couple of hours straight through - tonight that was my Trish doily. Those things fascinate me and I can never wait to see them finished. If something's on my mind, I'll pull out my Prairie Star ghan and I'll get a few diamonds done before I get up and twitter around the house.

I usually crochet straight through for hours. The Bears game yesterday was a great time for working on an afghan. I sometimes crochet until my hand starts hurting!

:manyheart

Actually it depends on my mood...there are days that I can crochet nearly non stop for hours on end, and then there are days that I last about up to an hour at a sitting...a lot of it also depends on the project I'm working on, or if I feel like I should be doing other things around the house. I've also noticed that if I'm nervous or slightly frantic, I'll start like 10 projects at a time and simply CANNOT focus for long on anything...and when that happens, even though I don't want to, I need to put the hooks down and just chill out and go do something else...

It depends on what is going on but I have crocheted pretty steady for over 8 hours in a day before. (My body was pretty sore afterwards because I didn't walk around even and I get stiff :( ) Now that my boys are older, I have more time to spend crocheting without being interrupted. :)

Well for me it depends on the time of day. I can sit and crochet for hours mainly at night when my girls are sleep I noticed I get a lot of my projects done while they are sleep doing the afternoon I will do a couple of rows here and there then go and do things for the little ones. While at work I will get in a little bit of crocheting when it's slow at work. :)

I usually pull out my yarn when on the bus that is about 30 minutes or so. I sometimes get the chance to go to my crochet pals house that is always nice, she has taught me so much(You know who you are Thanks.) I take advantage if I get a few spare minutes at work (rare) also.

It is like drug for me,,I just can't stop!!!! But, then there are the interruptions that happen,,,having to eat,,,feed the monster-child,,,,cook,,blah blah blah,,,,,

Well, I work 8 hours a day, have a 50 minute commute (by car), so it doesn't leave much time for me to crochet during the day. By the time I make supper and clean up the kitchen, I can grab maybe 2-3 hours a night. I usually can crochet non-stop during that time....depends on what's on the tube! Sometimes I just don't feel like crocheting, so I read a lot also.

I could sit for HOURS, but I have kids... :lol

If I get my but out of bed before 7 am:c9 , I can shower and clean before I get the kids up for school. On those days, I will sit and crochet till school is over. Then it's homework, feed the little one, and get dinner...then get everyone ready for bed, and watch a little tv...but once their little heads hit the pillow..I am off and hookin!!:hook That's if I'm not on here looking at everyone's post! The weekends are really good, hubby lets me crochet and he will take care of breakfast and lunch and then do bedtime for me! I guess I'm spoiled :think ?!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a marathon crocheter. I will crochet for hours at a time and loose track of all time. I usually take a break when my hands ache and pickup a different project with a different size hook and medium, thread or chiunky yarn and then rest my hands some more by checking e-mail and posting here and palying computer games and then off to crochet again.:lol

Archived