STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal, whatever works for you! Monthly/weekly/biweekly, it makes no difference to me.

Speaking of making no difference...I got yarn shipments today.... :(

6 skeins and 52 balls!!! So that's -64, with the four skeins I finished last night, I'm at -50 for the week. I was doing soooooo good to! I just can't stay away from those various random lots of yarn on ebay!

Whatever is easiest (aren't we just an agreeable bunch!!)

I'm heading out of town... but I will finish a skein on my dd's shrug on the plane (or she'll have cold shoulders st the brunch on Sunday) so I'll give myself those 2 point for a whopping 4 point total for the week - wah! a poor crochet week.. I';m feeling hook withdrawal symptoms!

I think the monthly is great, that way when you buy a bunch for a project you have time to work it off and maybe we will be in the negative less. :devil

I finished a couple skeins doing a sundress for my granddaughter. + 4 this week

Krystal16,

I looked at the listing at the beginning of the page. Does that include the members of this thread? If so, ummmm you forgot about me. It's OK, I'll forgive you this time:haha

I like the idea of a monthly contest instead of weekly.....good idea. I have been a total crochet slacker this week......been doing other things.....I have managed to use up 2 more balls of yarn from the afghan I frogged...so +2....I'm going to go crochet now....

So when do we reset to start monthly....or does this weeks score just carry through and then in a few weeks we have a monthly score? So confused...:think

Oh, and here I thought I would have another month to work myself out of the negatives....:( Oh well.

So I was frogging one afghan and reworking it into another, and then I realized it wasn't the afghan I didn't like, it was the colors....so I took both afghans apart (-24) and am going to go buy some yarn that works with the colors better. Then I will rework the afghan....again.....:eek. So for this week my score is -35, hopefully I'll do better next week....

Well I've been scarce this week around here, and haven't gotten much hook time at all:no, but only one more term paper and I'll have finished my BS in BCBP!!!!! yay! now if only I could find a job:blush

SO points for me this week are +1 for using up part of a skein to make a baby pumpkin sweater and matching hat, +1 for using a ball up to make some squares for a comfortghan... and now I'm working on a scarf from a pounder.... so a whopping total of +2 this week....

Just so I'm not confused... this is the last Saturday of April, so we are posting tonight, then we won't post again until the last Saturday of May?

Thanks!

Just so I'm not confused... this is the last Saturday of April, so we are posting tonight, then we won't post again until the last Saturday of May?

Thanks!

Is this right?

Oh well - looks like I'm going to end the week on a -6. But that's okay, I've been doing quite well with my stash, so this isn't too bad. Plus, I didn't actually buy the yarn, it was a gift, so that makes it a good -6!

I like the idea of monthly post since I miss the deadline a lot. I finished an afghan (skein, 2 balls +4), another doll and dress (3 balls +3). I found some neon colored yarn in my stash Tuesday. It's called Softee - Tuitee Fruitee(?) by Patons I think. It's baby or sport weight and has no color names, just #'s and dye lots. I've got hot pink, lime green, aqua and purple. I can't find it anywhere. I think Simply Soft is the closest match. I bought 3 skeins (-6) of black and am making a smilie afghan (2 half skeins +2). +3 this week.

Ellie 13

PLEASE - if there is anyone that has a problem with going to monthly, let me know, OK? If a lot of people want to stay on weekly, then I'll just try to enlist some help with the tallying when I know I'm not going to be able to do it...

we don't HAVE to go to monthly, so please speak up (here or in PM if you're more comfortable) if you have a different opinion, OK!?!?!

Archived