STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KnicKnac - thanks for the button! What a neat idea!

JimmieLu - is that "negative 7" or a dash in front of it? Maybe you need to change that dash to a ":" :lol

This stashbusting blanket is great! I have another two points to add to my score. After this, it's going to be slow-going again, though. I'll be back to the daisy charity ghan (ONE POUNDERS) and my Blue Star (RHSS).

I just remembered today that I have bid on two auctions of yarn on Ebay! I looked and thought "OH NO! I can't win those, I'll lose all my points!" Someone, please take my temperature! :rofl

Krystal....love the afghan you are working on. I have never tried the 3 strands/P but I make alot of 2 strands/N for charity ones because they seem warmer and they do use up the :yarn quicker.

I think the weekly and year to date totals are a good idea. Then anyone can joint and not feel so far behind.

I made a little dent in my stash...I was making loomed hats yesterday while the football games were on, using up balls. It's too dark now to get a picture but hopefully tonight I will get something else done to add to a pic tomorrow.

BTW.....unfortunately I am waiting on a delivery of a box o' yarn from ebay and I totally forgot about it when I signed up. I'm just wondering if I don't open it when I get it...is it still officially added to my stash???:lol I have a feeling I will be going negative real soon. :hook

Wow, U galz are doing really well! (beatin' me by a mile anywayz!) :lol

Guess this is a bad time for me to be in a week long training for work?!?? Did I mention that I'm being *trained* for the same thing that I've been doing for a year now?! :think

S'ok... I've got plenty of time to catch up... might even be easy with players goin' yarn shopping & ebaying! :D

This game sounds like so much fun - I'm in! :hook I don't have the biggest stash, but I'd love an excuse to completely refill my tubs!

I'm hoping to list the STASHBUSTERS of the WEEK every week on Saturdays, after everyone posts their total for the week. Then you can add that title to your SIG -

If you can't have prizes, at least you get a title! :lol

I have finished my brown stashbusting afghan! I'll post the pattern tomorrow, I wrote it down but it's getting late here. It weighs about 4 pounds and is 36" x 48" only. It's not a dead weight - it's just SOOOO comfy! Even though it's brown, I wish I could keep it! It reminds me of a hot fudge sundae when you look at the colors up close.

th_stashbrown.jpg

(Image is Clickable!)

oh my god, this sounds perfect. my stash has gotten out of control. my new goal is to NOT buy any yarn and use most of what i have. although if i join, i'm joining with like -10 points lol cuz im still waiting for yarn to come from joann.com. =X

I crocheted 4 squares tonight and busted 2 partial skeins.

Krystal- love the afghan! It looks so cozy.

Okay, I'm in....

Finished one skein today [out of a whole bag of mill ends (that's where the 2 points comes from!)]. This will give me incentive to keep using it (lovely light purple sparkly boucle...).

yet there's all the other stash just waiting...

krystal ~ great blanket its really nice and the colors are devine :heart

i went to a yarn shop today and i picked up the yarn and then i was like noooooooo i carnt buy that ...coz then i would have a minus!!!!! :lol

I'm a total failure at this game!:(

Check out my score.... - 38! It would have been -40 but I used a skein from my stash tonight on a doily.

I caved into temptation. My sister is part of a craft co-op and she sent me a list of yarn and crochet hooks that were at unbelievable prices. I couldn't resist, I bought a whole set of 30cm long hooks, and 20 skeins of yarn.

I don't have the yarn yet, but it's ordered, so it counts. Worst thing is, I ordred without even seeing said yarn, I picked colours based on what they were called, not what they looked like. I'm truely pathetic.:blush:sweat

I am truely not worthy of this CAL :nworthy

KnickKnack - the afghan weighs close to 4 pounds! The skeins from my stash were mostly 3.5 oz, so a LOT of them (two were 7 oz'ers)! I'll be posting the pattern, but I used up nearly all of my browns in my stash, and I had an entire bag of them! (grocery bag)

Mandy, you ARE worthy - you are exactly the kind of person who NEEDS to play! :rofl

Okay, being a good girl and sticking to the rules, I only began counting points last night after joining. So the 10 Red Scarf skeins and the 4 skeins I sent my mom last week will not count. BUT, I DID use up 2 skeins last night on a Project Linus blanket, and started a third, but I'll count that one when I use it up. I realized I has enough WIMs and their yarns lying around that I had to get cracking on, so here I am. This will be fun, and useful, too! Patty

Ok, well I realize that to some of you, my stash is what would trigger your "low yarn" light. I have 2 10 gallon totes, a plastic thing with 2 drawers, that I would wager are 10 gal each, a medium basket, and 2 wip tote bags. So, since it isn't much, I went through this morning and tallied it up. IF I buy NO YARN until this is all used up, my final score will be a whopping 183. HOWEVER, we did our taxes this morning.... and when that money comes in it will take ALL MY WILL POWER to not hit knitpicks, or ebay, or ac moore, or some other place to get yarn. But I'm gonna try and put the money in the bank and let it accrue interest while I'm finishing up this yarn here.

Something I realized, I have a bunch of brown yarn, like caramel colored and then just regular brown. Wonder if I could make that into a lapghan with some white... but not sure it will look right, could make some stuffies though, good color for Horses....:think

Um, to see where my yarn is being used up, check out my blog , the link is in my siggy beneath my name. :hook

Archived