STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the week ending 9/8

here are the winners;

Gold Award................ Nght 188( that's two weeks in a row)

Silver Award............. Kelly A 21

Bronze Award....... tamugrad 19

congrats to all the winners

angelfire.............. 18

laughlovehook........ 7

scc51055 ..............6

Krystal16 ..............4

DesertCrocheter .....3

Robyn ..................2

Renegade .............2

krazy-kitty ............0

Elle_13 ................-1

hseger ................-7

coolhockeymom ...-12

econ-nerd ..........-26

tlisley ................-29

crochetsal ..........-82

and

I think those grab bags got someone else this week (actually a few others too) but...

SHOOT THE MOON- rlanto - 116

Well, I was starting off this week in the positive after finishing off a ball for my Blushing Grannies Afghan, but then I wen to the evil Walmart place...And came out with new jeans and five skeins of yarn, so I'm at -9 so far for the weeks' start.

Starting the week at +2. I finished up a pounder of cotton yarn for a kiddle sized blanket I made for Project Linus. The blanket took 2 14 oz skeins, so it's heavy, but really soft and pretty. I loved working with the cotton, and I'll be making more blankies for them with cotton.

It helps that there was good football and tennis to watch. Tonight there's a football double header, so I should get some good crochet done! I need to start a baby blanket for a friend who's having a baby in Nov (the shower is in 2 weeks, so I'd better get cracking!).

I used up a half skein testing a scarf pattern, then used up a ball of hunter green and a ball of sun flower making football challenge squares GO PACKERS!!!:cheer so right now I am @ +3 but I know that next week I am going to have to buy yarn for football squares unless Green Bay has no numbers.

Worked on a hat and scarf set last night busted that skein (one I picked up from Joanns when they had a huge clearance)

Then I worked up some squares with a skein of white -so for last night I am at a +4

Another skein busted Monday night up to +6 for the week

Well, I finished one project. Also, I gave away 5 skeins in the same package. So, that's +30 for me for the week so far!!! I'm soooo excited to be going in the right direction for once!!

Still working on my scrapghan/snuggle....used up 4 more balls on it. Right now I'm working on my squares for the football challenge, so I should use up some more yarn there and then back to the scrapghan.....so +4 so far this week.

I was thinking about joining you but I'm glad I didn't now... I just had a delivery of 2 Large garbage bags full of yarn from the woman I told I would make afghans for..they are for the kids of the soldiers at Fort Drum military Base...

I started vacation this week. I'll be spending the next couple of days at my parents, sorting stuff from my childhood. Anything my SIBs and I don't want will go to the curb side (they hate yard sales) before trash day. I donated a ton of yarn to the local crochet/knit group. 6 full skeins of rainbow colors +12, 3 skeins of a strange yellow/green mix +6 and a grocery bag of balls (didn't count). Now I'll have room for my yarn that's stored in my parents attic. Who knows what my mom will give me.

Ellie 13

I really have to try to remember to update my signature on the weekend!

My new neighbour, who is a sweetheart, goes yard sale-ing regularly, and knows I crochet a lot. She picked me up a bag of yarn on the weekend, so -8. Then I started a kitty blanket with a double strand to try and use up bits that I have, and so far have used up 3. Yesterday, I worked on some gingerbread cookies (testers will be needed soon) and finished off a complete ball, so another +2.

but it's still 1 step forward and 2 or 3 steps back!

Sally

Archived