STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I haven't played here for a long while. Fell off this wagon and several others a few months ago. ( No will power I'm afraid, but now have to reduce my stash so I can find my room again) So if I may can I join you all again. I promise not to encourage any stash buying and to not buy anymore (unless desperately needed to finish a project) until I have finished my stash.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I frogged a sweater that was in a bag of yarn I got sometime ago at a Thrift store that was 2 1/2 skeins so -5 then busted a ball on a hat for +1 but....... I almost forgot :blush my swap cotton came today so that was 12 lovely skeins and balls of cotton so another -24 more.

Whew that wasn't easy to write :lol so a total to add to score is -28 gotta go add the swap cotton to my signature since I had forgot it when I was changing it earlier.

Well, I worked all day yesterday on my dad's Christmas afghan and, while the afghan is coming along nicely, it's not using up the yarn very fast. So I pulled out a skein of some puffy, easy to use yarn and made two squares for some of my charity blankets. Didn't have enough for a 3rd square, but still had some left over :sigh so I only got +1 for that. But then I finally used up a full skein of yellow on my dad's afghan, so +2 there. So, +3 for yesterday. Off to update my siggy.......

Holy cow, I've got stash!

I got my Elmore-Pisgah grab bag box last night, and it was stuffed to the gills with yarny goodness.

To the tune of 74 balls/skeins of yarn (including the 3 pounders I purchased).

I was happy with my little +8, but with my new box o'yarn, I'm now down to -140 for the week.

So, what did I get for all this yarny goodness?

11 (yes, 11) 1000+ yard balls of white size 10 thread (as in 11,000 yards of white size 10 thread!)

1 1000+ ball of ecru size 10 thread

1 300 yard ball of size 10 thread in a pretty pinks ombre

9 rayon chenille balls: 2 true mauve, 2 ivory, 1 each ecru, baby pink, chocolate, red and dark plum. I'm not sure if I'll keep the chenille - it's gorgeous, but I don't usually like working with chenille, so I may trade it.

5 country cotton cabled balls (size 5 thread): 2 shocking pink, 2 capri blue, 1 red

3 mini cones of what I think are the sportweight. Each cone is small, not sure how much is on each one but not a lot. I got Peaches n Cream, Heavenly Delights and Strawberry Parfait.

41 assorted size balls of their WW cotton. Most of the balls are in the 3-5 oz size range, as a good guess, looking at how they compare to the regular sized balls. I got the following amounts/colors:

3 balls olive

3 balls white

3 balls ivory

5 balls light blue

2 balls verde green

2 balls shaded denim

3 balls shades of green

1 ball shades of spring

1 ball chocolate

5 balls sea mist

1 ball peppermint

1 ball sunburst

1 ball of a Christmas twist-type yarn

1 also got 10 balls (in wrappers) but with no color name. I've been looking at the website, and the closest match I can find is Mountain Mountain Shadow, but I don't think that's the correct match. Whatever the colorway, it's gorgeous!

I was so excited, because a lot of what I got matched inventory I already had (it's like they knew!). Some of it I wouldn't pick for myself, but I'll find a good use for those as well.

On top of the grab bags, I also ordered 2 pounders of sunburst (a pretty, bright orange) and 1 pounder of Sunflower, a matching ombre.

I really shouldn't need to buy any yarn now for a good, long time. Of course, I said that when I bought all those Caron mill ends, too... :lol

Today I have used 1 partial ball of mauve cotton mix and 1 partial ball of green cotton mix, 1 small ball of cream and a partial ball of red size 10 thread, making SP things.

So +6 today bringing this weeks total so far to

Rox

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

You don't believe me Krystal! Neither does my DH.

:goodorbad Just found this emoticon. Pretty much sums me up. The battle forges on.

Reneage : What a haul!

Rox : That's about the same as my usage today. I couldn't sleep last night so I knitted accually, ( but it will have crochet on it when it's finished ) It's a bag I saw at the markets and I have yarn that is very similar so I decided to make my own version but unfortunately I can't seem to crochet with fuzzy yarn, I can never find the places for the hook on the next row. So I knitting the base and crocheting the flowers to put on it.

Off to take kids to school and destash some more.

I think I am like the rest of the group this week and fell off the wagon:no

Dang those stores and their sales :yes

I only needed one skein of yarn - really I swear :devil to do two additional boarder rows on a PRA ghan....that's when I went to search for a skein at Michales with their ad in my hand (somehow the Joann's ad was there too :devil:blush:devil ) So that sealed my fate....found out that Caron pounders came out with new colors...mmmmm just had to have those after all I did have the 40% off coupons and they just needed to be used!! The search neted the "needed" color was not to be found.... so off I went in search of another store....oh man there they did have the "needed" color in a clearance bin....right next to a skein of Wool-ease so I ended up with a total of 4 skeins - now I kow you are probably thinking "what are you talking about that is only 8 points in the red"....except I only had 7 points in the black this week to play with

Again Dang those stores and their sales:no :yes:no

And now I just joined the Football CAL and will have to purchase additional yarn for that.....after all I am almost positive I don't have the colors needed in my stash for that :devil

I used anther ball on flowers (+1), went to get more pipe cleaners for stems and bought a ball of hemp(-2). I have a great belt buckle (strap broken) and was told if I wanted to rochet a new belt, that's what I should use. Anyone have a pattern for a 1/2 in. X 4 ft. belt? Should I just wing it? I don't really need a belt, but the buckle is a brass and wood inlay unicorn from the 80's. Crochet with wooden beads would be perfect.

Ellie 13

My Cat ruined a small ball for me today so that's a meager +1 on my score. Don't think I'll ever get back to 0 for the YTD :lol

I'm leaving town in the morning so in case I don't get on before we leave my weekly total is

It's not going to change any by tomorrow night I don't think anyway.

Don't know if I'll be able to update later tonight. I have a birthday party to go to later so I'll update my score now. I'm at +8 for the week. Managed to use up 2 skeins and turn 4 others into balls yesterday. Now, off to finish another afghan this weekend.

Well I got my yarn in from ebay. 8 full skeins holy cow :eek Like I really need anymore yarn, but it was cheap. And I swear I didn't have any in those colors.

So a -16 is added to my score. Leaving me with -6 so far for the week. Guess I better get busy on making some things before tonight. I just finished with a skein, working on a probably 3 skein scarf so that will be another +2. For a total of -4

Back to the hooks.....:cheer

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on! Miss a few days around here & ya drown in the boards :lol

I can happily say I haven't purchased any yarn & I've sent out a bunch from ebay sales tho. I *think* I sent out 120 for a total of +240 points. There was a lot sent from my stash before I started counting, so they don't count. But in between life happening, I lost count of how many I actually did send, if anything, I'm shorting myself :think

I don't see buying or using any today so my score is +240 for the week. I haven't touched a hook, yarn or thread in 3 days... I'm having withdrawls! Soon as I catch up with myself, I'm gonna plop on the couch & snuggle some stash! :D

Archived