STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I haven't crocheted at all, and my knitting has been minimal. I actually went into a yarn/needle shop and actually came out with NO yarn!! I got the knitting needles and cross stitch frame I went in for, and that was it! I'm still in shock.

But, my stashbusting count for this week is a big fat 0.

~Tami

Tami, I am amazed. I can generally get away with going into one of the chain stores and not getting anything. But to go into a LYS and get nothing?! I think my roommate would die if I was able to do that!!!

I have done nothing but crochet in my spare time this week ,and still I have don't have any points to record....:( I should be finishing up a baby sweater I'm working on though, and that should blow me through a few skeins.....I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can get it done before tomorrow.....

Not sure I'll be able to finish the skein I'm working on before I head to bed later (which means missing the deadline), so I'm going to post my score. If I do actually finish the skein, then I'll change it!

For WTD I'm -10

I swear, if my puter turns off before I can post this I'm gonna scream! :thair

Ok... +253 for stuff sent from eBay sales

-690 for a ton of stuff I bought

My score so far for this week is -419

Here's some quickies of what I bought! Someone smack me!! :kick

There's a few missing... and I have more on the way! :D

th_Astra.jpg

th_Thread3Top.jpg

th_Thread2Top.jpg

th_Thread.jpg

I AM however, listing more on eBay, so I might live to see next week!!

:devil

I had to frog a ghan I am working on the smoke signals CAL ended up with 24 balls (funny all I used at the point were half skeins in 4 colors) anywhoo ..........I also ended up purchasing yarn for chemo caps 5 skeins and then purchased 3 additional skeins for a ghan so that would be a -40

So with the beginning of the week in the positive I will complete the week with a -31

Looks like a lot of us are in the negatives and wouldn't it be ironic to see those with a zero win a metal this week :think:devil

I have been working on a few projects this week...some I can mention because they are for my UKSP...but I used three balls making the project for her and for a couple for a Halloween Kitty, two skeins for a dress I am working on for my DGD. so far I am @ +8 for the week

Me, too, + 4 for the week. I finished two PL blankets, but one was a blanket I had to frog, and I had already counted that in my score months ago when I used it up initially. I was looking for another Caron One Pounder in that particular color, which apparently they don't make anymore. So I frogged it and made it smaller.

Hopefully now onto my sister's Christmas tree skirt.

Patty

Here is this weeks update;

Gold Medalist ............laughlovehook 29

Silver Medalist ...........angelfire 8

Bronze Medalist .........scc51055,DesertCrocheter 4

followed by;

Elle_13 3

tamugrad 02 2

knitncrochet 0

Krystal16 0

Breger3 -4

rlanto -10

hseger -13

Kelly A -31

coolhockeymom-128

renegade -140

Nght -419 <----- shoot the moon(could have been worse)

I'm going to crochet my little fingers off tonight to try and finish this sweater I'm making for a friend.....I would love to get it done tonight, but I doubt it will happen :no....Off to reset my score.....

Well, I did an unspeakable thing today. I returned 5 whole skeins of yarn to JoAnns. I do not like cotton yarn, so there wasn't much use in it sticking around. I also finished a skein this morning. So, I'm starting off on a good note. +12

Well, I still haven't finished this darn sweater, but I'm getting closer.....I got myself a couple points last night, and I'm sure I'll get some more tonight....Last night I used up on full skein of yellow and turned another skein to a ball, so +3 and I turned a skein of dark pink into a ball so another +1.....so +4 for me so far this week....now if I can just stay away from the yarn stores......

Wow, bronze co-medalist! That's a first for me! I've only won the shoot the moon award. Good on me! Not this week, though. I started a knitting project, just a simple diagonal baby blanket, but I'm as slow as molasses when it comes to knitting so I'll probably still be working on the same skein next Monday! LOL Patty

I'm starting the week out in a big way, with a +80! I gifted a young friend who's on a tight budget with 48 skeins of yarn from my stash. The sad thing is it didn't even make a dent in my stash, but I know the yarn is going to a good home. That gave me a +96, but yesterday I stopped in a Joann's just to see what they had on sale, and walked out with 9 skeins of yarn - 8 skeins of TLC since it was on sale, and a random pounder of WW acrylic in a mint green on clearance for $4. That gives me -18 from my total. I also finished up a skein of Sinfonia yesterday working on a toddler blanket for PL, for another +2.

That brings my grand total for the week (so far) to +80! :cheer

I finshed 2 balls on Fri. but didn't get to post on time. I'll add them to what I've done this week. I used 3 balls making flowers. I'm going to donate some yarn to a knitting group in town (not sure How much). My parents are moving Sept. 20 so I have to get stuff out of their attic. I've been busy helping them clean out, and found tons of old crochet mags. I'll list some titles if anyone is looking for back issues I'll be glad to help.

Ellie 13

Received 120 skeins from Smiley's yesterday... but sent out 31 skeins from eBay sales today... -178 :oops

And today, I got my bags of *stuff* from the Peaches & Creme people... but yan'no what... I didn't count it, I'm not going to either... there's WAY too much! So I won't add them in & I won't subtract as I use either. (If ya really want the count, I'll do it, but ummm... I'd rather not!) :lol

Archived