STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, well, well, yesterday when I got home from work, there was a puffy waiting for me. A puffy filled with cotton yarn! :clap I got my package from my cotton yarn swap partner yesterday, and it was filled with yarny goodness! 10 skeins of yarny goodness, for another -20 points, giving me a total of -32.

However, I have been doing some crochet this week, to the tune of +7 points (so far 3.5 skeins busted), giving me a grand total for the week (since I won't be here tomorrow to report my score) of -25!

I have been making squares for a cancer afghan and for a special project and busted 6 balls and a skein.+8..also did a prayer shawl that used 4 skeins +8 for a total of +22 right now.

Sent off another 10 skeins today from an auction and finally finished ONE of those partial skeins (had to start another one tho to keep that particular color going):oops +22

Krystal lookie, my YTD is above -2000!!! :woo:rofl

Oh, forgot to add that DD and DS each finished a small ball of yarn for me on their snakes. I figure going around and around and around with a sc is good practice for them!

DD got my pastel balls of yarn, DS got my brights! +2!!!

Yay! another +2 on DD's ghan! I really thought I was going to be very short on the yarn for it, but I have 1 1/2 skeins left and I think it will be long enough! I am soooo bad about judging how far my yarn will go... uh, probably the reason I need to bust stash! LOL!

My week is looking like it's going to end with -8 I don't think I can finish this skein by the deadline but if I do I'll change it. :)

Added a skein to my mom's birthday blanket +2. Added a skein to a friends shawl +2. I hope to finish my star blanket and that will be another skein... if it gets done in time. But right now I'm just adding +4

My mom found some navy blue in her stash (1 1/2 skeins -3) that'll work for my afghan. She said I should make 48 7 X 9's so the afghan will be 6' X 3.5'. I hope there's enough so I won't lose anymore points.

Ellie 13

I didn't do anything this week - that I remember, honestly it's been one heck of a long week.

However, I was able to resist the handspun yarn at the folk arts festival I went to today. The yarn was really spectacular, but I didn't find any skeins that really screamed at me to buy them and most of the projects I'm working on right now do not need really beautiful handspun yarn - just cheapy yarn.

So, remember how yesterday I posted my WTD score and said that was my score for the week?

Wellllll, I've either been very good or very naughty, depending on your point of view. It goes like this: I bought some Sinfonia on clearance earlier in the week, and I decided to make a baby blanket out of it for Project Linus. Well, the two colors I bought were so very bright (a hot, bright orange and a hot, bright lime green) that I decided instead to make a toddler blanket out of it (to measure 50 x 50).

I have a nice repeating shell stitch I'm using, and I'm happily going along this morning on it while watching Wimbledon, when I came to the end of the first skein, and my blanket only measures 4.5 inches high. By my estimate, my remaining 5 skeins would only get my blanket up to 27 inches high, leaving me with a need for another 6 skeins to get to my goal of 50 x 50.

So, after watching Wimbledon, I headed to another Hobby Lobby closer to me, and my gosh, they had a bunch of skeins of those two colors on clearance, plus a wonderful orange variegated.

So, I bought all of them. 14 skeins worth (worth another -28 points for the week), bringing my WTD now to -53.

But, I did manage to use up one skein of the sinfonia, and finish off a pound cone of cotton for something else (which I had not previously counted), for +4 points. So by my count, I will officially end this week with a grand total of -49. Perhaps that will be good enough to get me a Shoot the Moon award.

I am planning to bust some big time stash next week thought by gifting a bunch of yarn to my SP and some others, and will dutifully report those amounts when they happen.

Going to post for the week another 12 points to add to this weeks totals. Could have added 16 except I just had to purchase two skeins :blush more cotton

I have to take my DD's to the movie, hopefully I will be able to do more when I get back. If not I stand at 26 for the week :yay

Ok... I WAS doing really well! THEN I went shopping today! :blush

The Dollar Tree had LB Color Waves & Fun Fur Stripes this time!! SO, I got 19 skeins of Color Waves (10 in Sunset Red & the last 9 in Pebble Beach, LUV this color!), and 15 Fun Fur (5 Copacabana, 5 South Beach & 5 Night Sky). THEN we went to Joann's, left with NOTHING! THEN to Michaels, got 3 balls of DMC thread in white & they had Bernat Baby Lash on clearance, got 5 of them in Gentle Green. Of course Walmart is next to Michaels :lol got 2 balls of Aunt Lydia's thread in Victory Red. Whew... I'm beat! :yawn That's 44 new skeins for -88 points. My ebay auctions ended while I was gone, all but 5 anyway... the Baby Clouds didn't sell, except for one lot :think Whatever :lol

Linky to new loot

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Loot.jpg

Oh yeah, here's the baby blankie I'd finished & left in the dryer for 2 days :eek

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Baby.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Baby2.jpg

AND... :lol my first ever thread project! Still needs a few ends tucked & it needs to be washed & blocked, but I figured I'd share anyways!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Doily1.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Doily2.jpg

Needs a good photographer to take the pic too!

Krystal, I'm back to over -2000 :goodorbad

Oh yeah, here's the baby blankie I'd finished & left in the dryer for 2 days :eek

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Baby.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/NghtMvs101/Baby2.jpg

Krystal, I'm back to over -2000 :goodorbad

That blanket is beautiful!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I think my hubby would shoot me if I had that much stash... but I guess technically I have a HUGE stash if you count all the yarn at my store. But they aren't at my house so I don't count them...:yay:yes

That blanket is beautiful!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I think my hubby would shoot me if I had that much stash... but I guess technically I have a HUGE stash if you count all the yarn at my store. But they aren't at my house so I don't count them...:yay:yes

:ty

I'm surprised I'm not dead yet! I think he's just given up on me tho, 2 weeks ago as I was dragging him thru Joann's for the clearance yarn, he's walking behind me, and out loud as if reading a newspaper headline I hear, "Woman found under thousands of skeins of yarn... we're not sure how long she's been there....." Sadly, he might have a point :rofl

Heeeeere's today's winners!

scc51055 38 <-- GOLD

KellyA 26 <-- SILVER

Krystal16 20 <-- BRONZE !!! I MEDALED!!! :woo

angelfire 17

laughlovehook 15

tlisley 6

Nght 4

Ellie_13 3

rlanto 0

tamugrad02 -4

hseger -8