STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Been busy working with the balls of yarn this week so far +9 :hook

Man this feels good to be in the postives. Looks like another weekend of being free so hopefully will bust additional stash!!;)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, no. I hate when you buy a skein and it doesn't match. It's especially annoying with No Dye Lot yarns. I can understand if I'm dying yarn that's got a dye lot and it's off, but No Dye Lots.

Let's see. I busted another ball and a skein. That's all I've done since my last big bust. I have been busy with school again. It always seems to get in the way when I'm on a roll. A well.

EDIT:

Krystal: My final number for this week is 69. I don't think I'll bust anything else tonight or tomorrow.

Well I ended up making 2 skeins into balls so another +2 for me to make up for that 1 skein. I hope to get a few more points tomorrow before the deadline.

used up half a skein making some granny's for a baby blanket. And have started on the next skein for some more. So right now still sitting at another +1

EDIT: I forgot I bought a roll thing of nylon cord so -2 for that but I used it all up already making a purse. *pictures when I remember to take one at the shop* so +2. So those cancel each other out.

I made 2 more 7 X 9's 2 balls (+2). BTW, anyone who buys yarn with "no dye lot" should always take a 6 in. sample piece. Hold it along the skein, covering the ends and close your eyes. When you open your eyes, if you can't tell which is which, it matches. Since I started doing this, I've had no problems.

Ellie 13

I'm with you, Renegade, my score for the week is a big fat 0, too. I'm using an old Jamie Baby big skein making squares for a PL blanket, and it's going slowly. But at least I'm not in negatives again this week. Patty

-----------

Considering you and I won the last two Shooting the Moon awards, I'd say we're doing pretty well this week. :lol

Another +11 for me today, made baby bibs and granny squares:D

Adding to my total this week, I don't think I will get anymore for this week....have to pick up DD from work and then out to dinner...

That makes a total of +20 for the week

Good Luck everyone:hook

I bought 18 skeins of Homespun & Homespun Baby at Joann's the other day, because someone had to blab about some clearance thing goin' on! :P

Then I used a skein of cotton on a bag, 1 full skein & a few partials on a baby 'ghan. Won't count them until they're finished... not looking good for this project :lol

-36+2+2 = -32 for the week

I was bad on the way home from work...not really bad, just a little bad......I bought 3 more skeins of yarn....but I needed this yarn, I swear..:blush:no. So it's not even 4 hours into the new week and I'm at -6....:think

I'm on top of the game today!

Here's this week's scores!

rlanto 69 <-- GOLD MEDALIST!!! :woo

laughlovehook 29 <-- SILVER MEDALIST!! :cheer

angelfire 26 <-- BRONZE MEDALIST!! :jumpyay

KellyA 20

hseger 12

Ellie_13 11

tamugrad02 10

Candy4271 3

scc51055 3

Krystal16 1

DesertCrocheter 0

renegade 0

krazy-kitty -14

Nght -32 <-- SHOOT THE MOON AWARD (tho not as amazing as usual!)

My goal is to make it in the top three :hook this week :yes

Working on making baby bibs will help in busting my Cotton Yarn

So far I am at +7 :yay this week :yarn

I'm starting the week off right, 2 balls Sat. night and a small ball this morning (+3). I'm sending some yarn out to a shut in who learned to crochet recently (I'll add those points later). I've been taking yarn that's being stored at my mom + dad's, and today I got it down from 2 large tubs to 1. The stash in my basement is now down to 5 tubs. The 4 (5?) bags are gone or in the tubs. YAY!!! I never new how much yarn I had until we cleaned up the basement in my apparment building.

Ellie 13

Archived