STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn you Michaels for having such a great sale ;)

Or should I say Thank you :P:yay

When I walked in with today's stash DD stated that I have an addicition

What a great one to have

I hope an intervention isn't needed :no

Ah well what a way to go

Today's haul is 18 skeins - running out of room to "store" (hide it from DH)

Oh well I'll just say - "no, I always had that much" :devil

Got to love a good sale - I just wish they had a larger color selection

Anyone know if Walmart will match a printed ad price :devil

Off to fix my score and I have to say I am not feeling guilty at all :hook

Anyone know if Walmart will match a printed ad price :devil

From what I have heard, WalMart is the place to go for price matching....I myself have not verified this, but it's what everyone I've talked to has said.....might have to give it a try!!:cheer

I haven't used any more yarn since earlier today, just thought I would post what I have been working on.....this is the lapghan I finished for my grandmother for Christmas

AfghanforGrandma.jpg

I'm also working on a "bag of bags" that I will post when it's finished....

Well, I miscalculated earlier and ended up needing more yarn so overall I'm at -4 for the week after buying seven skeins.

I was in Wal-Mart today and wondered the same thing about price matching. The Micheals I went to today sadly had nothing but dark colors and nothing I was needing or wanting today. I might have to try Wal-Mart the other Micheals is pretty far away.

MMMM Walmart honoring the printed price...

Guess who is heading to WalMart on Thursday :hyper - after all I do have to pick up the pictures I turned in from Pirate fest - yeah right as my DD would say

Getting teal and Turqua maybe even bright green, hot pink.....

:dreaming I don't know if I can wait till Thursday :dreaming

So much for my score being in the black :devil heheheheheh:laughroll

I finished up a skein today on my spiderman rr so +2. Luckily my red held out to the last round of it saving me from buying a whole skein to finish 1 round :)

I didn't get anything done last week and haven't gotten much done this week. We are leaving for Ohio on saturday so I've been busy getting ready and dealing with other things. I have started a bag for my mom and a small felted on for hubby

I made 6 1/2 skeins into tiny balls by crocheting the smilie squares together. Can I add 3 points? It'll take a whole skein, maybe more to do the border so I'll have more points soon. I made all the flowers I needed, +2. I'm going to try making Aggie May's 9 pointed star afghan into a doily. Is thread on that cardboard thing a skein or a ball?

Ellie 13

Ellie,

Anything new is +2. I count a whole thing of thread +2, I don't personally add any "halfway" point, because it would be hard for me to figure out later if I'd added the point or not. So, I just wait until it's done and add the whole +2 then. Anytime I wind a skein into a ball because I've used some, I count a point then. Then every ball I have is +1 and no remembering required! LOL!

You're buzzing right through those points! :woo

Krystal16,

I'll add 2 for the balls and try to finish the afghan by Sat. I'll have to look into the auction I've got a teddie bear and 2 dolls that I could send. Maybe even an afghan.

Ellie 13

I used up 3½ skeins of cotton on a FBB for my boss's BDay next week. +7 I'm still lacking the handles & lining, so no pix until then! Have another *surprise* project going on right now, a surprise to me that is :lol

I'm a lit'l more than ½way to completion, will add points then :D

I'm dropping out. You people are just too good at stashbusting. Too much competition.

Good Luck, everyone. Bust those stashes and try not to buy more.

:manyheart

No yarn purchases today and none busted. Working on make ups for catalog shoots where I work. So I have been playing with paint and stencils. That's one of the reason I loved where I work:manyheart

Back on the yarn stash looking to increase some tomorrow DH and DD are going out so will I - I bet I'll have more fun!!:devil

I can't believe I didn't post yesterday!! I finsihed off three balls on my laptop sleeve, which I finished and don't like, so I'm going to redo the pattern! Hopefully this one will come out properly and look decent. The concept was perfect, it just looked...tooo plain for me.

Well, I finished up 2 more balls and almost a whole skein yesterday (+3). The skein is so close to being gone that I want to count it as 2 points.....but alas, I have about 5yds leftover and it's 5yds that I will use, so I counted 1 point. I should be able to rack up a few more points before I go to work tonight.....

The last few weeks of school for the kids cause life's insanity to grow, exponentially! I can't believe I never posted last week and that it's almost the end of this week. AGH! Well I had a whopping 1 point for last week. Just haven't had a lot of hooking time because of lots of kids activities. I used to get a lot done while at their practices etc, but not so much now at the end of the year... not sure why..

This week I've done a bit more. I finished the X for my son's pillows (see this thread for photos) and I used another skein on my Twlya cardi.

Anyway, I have 1 point for last week, 3 points for this week, so far.

Archived