STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I have another +2 (bringing me that much closer to 0!) from last night. The double stranded giant grany is just flying along! In just a few nights of working on it, it's already 36 inches. I want to make it 50 inches, so I should finish this up in no time.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading about everyone using up yarn...and I just got my 20 balls of Bernat Handicrafter in the mail today. Guess I'm gonna have to get busy on kitchen stuff (started some yesterday) so I can use it up!

Sally

Ok, I just got rid of 20 old skeins of yarn. My mother teaches and the yarn went to an art teacher at the school. I did have -16, added 16 which went to 0, plus 24 points.

:cheer So now I have 24 points:cheer

I have been debating this for awhile now Krystal, I am going to drop out. This game has definitely fulfilled it's purpose for me. I have one small tote left of yarn, and all of that has planned use.

Thank you for letting me participate to get a fire under my butt to get this stash BUSTED!

Well, KnicKnac - congratulations!

I figured I would stay in when and IF I ever get my stash busted, then reset it to "0" to prevent myself from getting MAJOR stash again... sort of like a maintenance program! :rofl (It will be a while before that happens, though!)

LOL My stash is getting smaller and smaller. I am down to a bunch of little balls and 2 skeins that I have been working from. To finish off the the skeins I think some sock are going to be made. As for the balls they are going to become doll cloths. I have posted pics on my blog of the doll cloths that I have made from stash busting.

I had to buy 1 skein to finish up my Mom's lapghan so -2 more. I think I'm going the wrong way in here since I joined my stash has grown to probably at least 4 times bigger than when I started hahaha.

Zero points last week. Had broncitis and still had to get dd ready for prom. Not much crocheting done at all.:(

But to make up for it, on Mother's day, I spend most of the day working on a baby dress for the county fair. Used up an entire 6 oz skein of Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon. It's going to be one cute dress. And matching bonnet and panties and booties. Last year, I did a dress combo and received 1st place. I am hoping to do the same this year.

:manyheart

I'm not good at this game......I haven't crocheted much at all this month.....then I went to my parent's house today and my mom gave me a skein of yarn she had lying around (-2) and then my dad gifted me with a substantial check (note to self......visit parent's more often) and said I could buy yarn as long as I put the rest of it in the bank......so I bought 17 skeins from Herschners, but I won't tally those till they get here......so, I repeat, I'm not good at this game......:blush

I have been rejuvinated this month with my desire to crochet. It helps now that I have found this site. It had been hard being motivated all by myself.

Anyways, I would not want to know my score. I have been buying yarn constantly. I just bought 5 skeins of Pound of Love (I think those count as 5 skein's each!!) and 5 skeins for a shawl that I finished (so those cancel themselves out, I guess).

I have crocheted, but not counted points. And really my crocheting hasn't been all that much to scream about. I finished a baby blanket....designed two more AG patterns...heck, I think that's it. Like I said, not real exciting. I don't think I've used up OR made small balls out of anything!

Lewlie- Size doesn't matter, a skein is a skein. Only count 2pts per skein. :)

biz

I just finished up 2 more balls and rolled 3 other balls into one ball. So another +5. But I will have to buy more yarn next week to finish up this project.

I have been a busy busy bee lately. I'm working on an Ugly Granny Square and have used up 3 balls so far on that. Today I took some of my fun fur and made a LARGE ball for my DD. I think the ball is more like a round pillow. So that gave me 3 new balls from the partial skeins I used. Ya gotta love triple stranding it. Friday I am having my septum fixed in my nose so that equals no knitting/crocheting for about 3 days. I am hurrying to get my count up for the month so when I go to Ohio in June and buy/aquire yarn it doesn't take me back to zero points. So my total for the week is +3 for balls used and +3 for skeins to balls for a total of +6 more.

Okay, I finished the body of my placemats. I'd have them edged but I tried to block them and they refuse to get dry! But, I used the whole skein I had to buy 1 more of! +2

Also I used up part of a skein on my tea cozy! :D +1

teacozy__thumb.jpg

(click to enlarge)

I still need to make some flowers and bees to go on it, but the bulk of the work is done.

Okay, I finished the body of my placemats. I'd have them edged but I tried to block them and they refuse to get dry! But, I used the whole skein I had to buy 1 more of! +2

Also I used up part of a skein on my tea cozy! :D +1

teacozy__thumb.jpg

(click to enlarge)

I still need to make some flowers and bees to go on it, but the bulk of the work is done.

That is cute Mermaiden!

Very cute cosy, Mermaiden! What color flowers will you put on it? I've used up 1 whole and 2 partial skeins on pet swap items this week, which didn't make much of a dent since I kind of went crazy buying yarn last week, but at least made some room on my shelf for me to stuff more yarn in. :yarn Patty

That's pretty Tamugrad02! :clap

I zipped through 5 little balls tonight making squares for the SAL.

I'm almost finished with a couple skeins but am going to wait to count them when I finish the skeins off. This is what I'm doing with all the skeins I bought this week.

th_crochet096.jpg

It's a 2 strander and the pink is going the fastest of all the colors. I got the technique from Chrome kitty here is her round ripple done like this.

That is sooo cool! It looks like it's glowing. How do you do that? Can I get the pattern?

Ellie 13

I used up 3 balls on Warm Up America squares and 5 balls making flowers for Mother's Day. I sold some flowers and now I have to make more. Today I went to Micheals to drop off the squares. I had to get more ladybug buttons and pipe cleaners for the flowers. I broke down and bought 3 skeins Simply Soft, I got the orange, yellow and black. I hope to finish the smilie afghan before the next posting.

Ellie 13

Archived