Valentine Mystery CAL ..Day #6 Post 354, 329, 308, 284, 124,202

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARGH!!!

Ok, I thought I would try to sneak in and give this a shot. I have spent the last 1.5 hours frogging repeatedly to make it look like something to NO avail.

Anyone know of a video??? I am SUCH a visual learner!

I tried.

Drats. I hope to do today's instructions before I start driving back home from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

Yes, I decide to bring along yarns to do this heart square while I was out of town. LOL. It's nice to do something small in mornings before I start the day.

OK Peeps... here I am... ds had a biology lab about an hour from the house so I sit at McD's and crochet while he dissects things... Its a win win situation:D

Day 6 finish off red

Row 22-26

with white.. sc across, chain 1 turn after each row...

:hook further pics and instructions coming this evening....

Ds has a basketball game an hour the other way at 3:00 so I'm grabbing a bit of something and heading out again... we'll chat later...

BUT... have a fine day ... all day long!

EDIT I assume we EDIT can we drop the red now or will we still need to carry it along? EDIT Probably a dumb question, but want to be sure! EDIT

I was thinking about what i should do with mine, I think I will make another one and a little lining of some white fabric and make a little cushion, and fill it with dried rose petals or some such and pop it in my smalls drawer, or i could make the pillow fill it with potpouri and add a piece of ribbon and hang it in my daughters wardrobe - or as it is so quick I could do both LOL!

I'm up todate on this.

I think I'm doing ok. Here is a picture of what I have done. I just done know how to finish up the red yarn. Can someone help me with that?

Thanks

th_Picture013-1.jpg

You can click on it to make it bigger

I'm up todate on this.

I think I'm doing ok. Here is a picture of what I have done. I just done know how to finish up the red yarm. Can someone help me that?

Thanks

th_Picture013-1.jpg

You can click on it to make it bigger

I just cut a really long tail of the red and used a tapestry needle to sew it into the red part.

The original plan was a potholder!! I simply crocheted a back and sc together with contrast... I also put two together with fun fur that looked very glam....

BUT... like all my CAL's... the fun part comes from seeing what you see this graph to be! My neice wants an afghan made from different color heart squares( does sound cute huh???)....My DIL swears it would look great graphed into a scarf for valentines day....

Bring it on folks!!!!

( footnote) isn't that the cutest little thumbtack????... I have this hanging on one of my cupboards...

100_0113.jpg

I think I might make a back piece, just like this one except maybe reverse the colors and crochet them together. Then add a little strap and give it to my stepdaughter with little treats in it for valentines day. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

What do you guys think about doing one with "boy " colors and fill it with treats for my son. He is 5. Or do you think it would be too girly for him?

What do you guys think about doing one with "boy " colors and fill it with treats for my son. He is 5. Or do you think it would be too girly for him?

I think it sounds like a good idea!

I finished my heart, but I'm going to try to figure out what to do with it before I take a picture. :think

Thank you, everyone, for the pictures. :hug I thought I was doing something wrong because my first row was off center. Now I know it was supposed to be. :yes Now, if only I can learn how send a picture, I can share mine. I don't think I belong in the 21st century.:blush

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Lea, Thank you for this CAL, it was fun to do!

I was thinking I might just finish mine off with a nice contrast edging and make a reverse one and then give the two of them together with a yummy body soap or wash and they could be wash cloths.

Archived