Super Stitch Sunday

Shawnee/OR

I may have missed the answer to this but I still don't know what the time frame is supposed to be.

Is it just that day or what?

I don't do TV and wouldn't do football if I did TV so I just need time frames

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game starts at 6:00 EST on CBS. I know there are pre-game shows two hours before that. I would guess crocheting between 4 and 10 EST would be permitted. Even the pre-game show is "super bowl" if you get my drift:lol

I can't wait to get to school in the morning and share this with fellow Kindergarten teachers that like to crochet. I think they might want to add their squares also. It is for such a good cause.:heart

Sounds like we have a great "team" put together for the big day! :clap

Now team, be sure that you crochet a little bit each day, to build stamina. And, maybe increase the amount of time you practice, er crochet, every day .. you know, push yourself just a little bit further. You can do it! :cheer:cheer

OK, I'm going to try this. I can't promise anything because the BEARS are in the Superbowl:cheer:clap:clap:cheer This hasn't happened since my son was born and now he's a senior in college!! EVERYBODY is having Superbowl parties. This town hasn't been so pumped since the SOX won the series LOL!!

Sundays during football is when I have done alot of my crocheting for the past year. I feel like I am multi-tasking for the 10 hours I sit and watch.:)

Superbowl Sunday I am sure I will be sitting in front of the TV not caring who wins or loses because my Tommy ;) won't be playing.

I should be able to get alot done without the game distracting me.LOL

I'll do a few squares. :)

Glad to do it this year instead of last year. Last year, my DH's beloved Pittsburgh Steelers :yuck made it to the Super Bowl. Went with DH to a Steeler bar to watch the game. (A Steeler bar in the middle of Cincinnati Bengal territory :think ) Anyway, DH wouldn't let me take my crocheting to the bar.

This year, we're staying home to watch the game. :hook

I was reading on their site that they actually prefer for you to join the sqs and find a place to donate them. Is this correct? Seem right to me. So My goal for the day is to make a lap robe for the nursing home I work with. Anyone else setting goals?

There are about 5 people at my school that are planning to crochet squares. We don't know how many will get crocheted, but we are planning on sending them to Shawnee/OR at the address she gave in an earlier post.

Time's getting close!! I hope everyone has plans to crochet during the big game. Be sure to send your 7" squares to me (see Post #1 for address). I'll post pictures, join them into afghans and notify Warm Up America that Crochetville ROCKS!!

Ok, count me in. I will be out of town for the weekend. The sunday plan is just me and parents watch tv all day while mom make her famous chili and also chicken wings.

I might bring a WIP along, Plush Throw from Lion Brand (no brainer - 1/4 done). Also I might do some squares if I have time on that day.

Whatever sunday that is I know I'll be working at my cousins store that day. I always bring something to work on and something to read....wait a minute. I forgot we're one day ahead so for us it'll be monday. Oh well, I'll be home. I only work at the store for 8 hrs. on the weekends. I'll still be crocheting whenever it is. lol

Pat Ada

i just found out last night that i work 5am-10am in the bakery on sunday, yay! i thought for sure i'd have to work at night because the night shift in the deli are all football fans lol. so i'll definitely be crocheting something durning that time, dunno what yet though!

Sounds like alot of fun and a great idea but we go out for superbowl Sunday. We go to the bar/restaurant we frequent and there is a party there and then on Monday, we all go to another restaurant for lunch. This has been a tradition in my DH's family for years. I have been with him for 15 so there won't be any crocheting for me on Superbowl Sunday

I'll be working on my first afghan for The Fisher House at Fort Gordon, GA. Amazing, but there's no group sending blankets or lap robes to these recovering soldiers and their families. I'm too new here to post under the charities, but I did post on the HGTV knit/crochet forum. You can read about what I'm doing here: http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/141104423/m/6471065303

knit1crochet2: I'll join you in that endeavor.....I hope everyone else doesn't mind us choosing a different charity to donate our blankets to. I also belong to the Patriot Guard Riders, and part of our mission is taking care of military members.......

I'll be crocheting like a madwoman..... :hook

I have my colors picked out for my squares and I plan to make a pot of chili I use a recipe from 365 Ways To Cook Hamburger and Other Ground Meats by Rick Rodgers recipe #43 Red's Secret Ingredient Chili (secret ingredient a bottle of Mexican dark beer). Still trying to figure out what squares to crochet and make sure I get them to 7".

Hello everybody, things has been hectic. I decide to bring along a WIP that I hope to finish up asap. Will it be okay if i do squares next week? I plan to do 6 squares, based on the basic crochet stitches someone posted earlier.

Count me in! I have some red and black granny squares in my stash waiting to be joined into a lapghan. I e-mailed a Fisher House in my state to see if they want it. Thank you to Knit1 for bringing this to my attention. I'd prefer to donate locally if I can. I won't be watching The Bowl (hate football) or Knitty Gritty (not on my cable service:no ) but I will be crocheting away! I'll be checking in on Monday to see what everybody else did.

Count me in. :hook I'll work on some Preemie Afghans for the local Hospital Preemie Unit. They are about 16 inch squares. I'm also working on a crochet quilt, so will plan on doing some 2 1/2 inch squares for it, too. Sounds like we'll be doing lots of squares during the game. This gives me a reason to watch it. I probably wouldn't otherwise.:devil

Archived