home decorating with crochet

cupcake

Warning: this is a shaggy dog story.

I have been repainting the inside of our house. This all started before Christmas as I wanted to tidy the house up for Christmas as we were having visitors. Nothing like a nosey house guest to get the house clean and tidy!

I have repainted 7 rooms of the house. Despite the fact I now have carper tunnel, a sore shoulder and am aching all over, the place is lookig prety spiffy. Or spiffier than it has in a few years!

Any hows here are some crochet items that I completed/ included as the finishing touches.

These little doilies are actually drink coasters from an Ondori book I have had for years. I wanted something to sit under the little do dads to protect the bench in the toilet. The cotton was raoked to me last year and it is a lovely musty rose colour. Note that I stripped that rotten timber bench back and re painted the thing so I dont want it getting scratched!

bathroomuq3.jpg

The crochet edge towels in the background have been seen previously here at the ville.

I then made this doily called Tiny Hearts which was in the March 2006 edition of Crochet. Again a raok. I feel awful that I cant remember who sent me this, but I do enjoy these magazines as they arent availble here.

doilykk4.jpg

I used the same pink cotton as before, and this now sits proudly in the spare bedroom.

img0581uv0.jpg

This is a shot of the bed with my finished CAL proudly sitting on it. The pattern is the 63 block book, which again was mysteriously raoked to me.

I had to repaint the room to a mauvey colour to match the afghan!

beduf8.jpg

mmm I need to get a new blind next!

This room used to be my sons, who decided he wanted his sisters old room cos she has now left home and had the bigger room. Worst bit was moving 17years of junk out and the numerous trips to the bin and to lifeline, and then swapping them over! I feel like I have had a good enema. :D

I am now working on a special rug for his room which is going to be pretty special.

Thanks for looking, and thanks to Crochetville for the inspiration and raoks that have motivated me.

Oh Cupcake, your home looks beautiful!! You do such wonderful work, it is amazing to see I am not the ONLY one who decorates with all my crochet goodies I make, of course I don't keep all of it, but I do have my share. RAOK is a wonderful thing, I recieved a wonderful package today that I am DYING to make something out of all of it!!

Well, great job on the house dearheart! When I get done with my thousand projects lined up, I want to make a spread!! Yours looks lovely!

Can some please tell me what RAOK means? Beautiful doilies by the way.

Raok = Random act of kindness. I would go to the mail box and there would be a surprise pakage with a crochet book, or some yarn in it. The Christmas in July elves were pretty generous as well.

Because these are often anonymous acts of kindness I dont know who to thank, but thought they might be interested to know that I appreciate their thoughtfulness, and my house has crochetville all over it! (lol)

Nice to know I have a soft bed waiting for me if I ever get " Down Under"... it looks beautiful Cupcake, I would expect no less from someone with your talent

hehe and quite a comfy bed as well according to Billie our cat, who thinks this is HER bed!

Archived