Fashion doll Fashions

Catiebug

These are some of the dolls I've done in the past few years. These are all for the 11-1/2 inch fashion doll (AKA Barbie). It's kind of hard to see, but the last two are covered in sequins (crocheted in as you go). They were very shiny - and heavy!

The first one is the only one that still lives with me. The flapper doll and the angel doll were both done as gifts.

th_bluedoll.jpgth_Barbie_Cate.jpgth_angel.jpg

Gorgeous, I love doing the Paradise doll clothes with all the sequins. They are very time consuming but well worth it. Are you working on any currently?

I'm working on another Cotillion doll (the blue one - only this new one is in green), and I'm toying with doing the angel one again - for me to keep! (and for me to put the wings on right side up. This on has the wings on upside down!)

I'm also planning on doing Paradise's President's Wives set - Martha Washington is HIGH on my list of "want-to-do's". I'm also planning on modifying their Ann-Margaret dress to serve as a Nancy Reagan dress. I've already got the George Washington and Ronald Reagan Toy President dolls lying in wait for their ladies!

Also high on my "wants" list are their matching full size and miniature dolls. The tiny dolls are so gosh darn cute, and would be perfect on my desk at work. I can't quite see having a full size one here, but a minature one I could tuck in a corner...;)

:cheer What beautiful dresses I made may granddaughters some Barbie clothes for Christmas and I just have so much fun designing them Here is one I really like I used this really soft yellow yarn that is irresistable to touch.

Tell me what you think? :knit Its on this page: www.Pointbreezedesigns.com

• 1 year later...

Catiebug, your doll fashions are exquisite....I love them. How nice of you to spend so much time and love crocheting those 2 as gifts; I'm sure they were deeply appreciated. Hugs, Donna C

Archived