Kiwi Poncho

Tiffany

This is my second version of the Lacy Shell Poncho. I'd show you the first one but my two-year old sleeps with it. I don't think it's on purpose, I just found it in her bed last night. :thinking2

kiwiponcho.jpg

I used TLC Cotton Plus in Kiwi (hence the name I've given it). My daughter has just requested several of these in different colors of the same yarn for the summer. I think I'd better get busy!! :faint

Love the color!

My dd has asked for more too ... I'm trying to make her a couple in more neutral colors (white & navy, I think) so she has some that will go with anything. She loves picking out her own clothes but sometimes the combinations are still a bit ... umm ... interesting, lol. So I'm hoping that neutral ponchos will minimize some of the more shocking combinations she has been known to come up with. :hee

I love that pattern! I still can't get over how quickly it goes together!

Guest Yarnentangled

I made one in a worsted yarn in cafe brown with a soft mauve trim at the end. Nice contrast. I don't like the drape on it though. It doesn't really have any! I noticed you used cotton yarn. How do you like the drape on your poncho. Does it hang nicely? My poncho sort of floats. I guess the worsted yarn isn't heavy enough. Am I making any sense at all?

Thank you all! :grouphug

This one is for a four-year old, but I based the length off of my five year old (and the amount of yarn in the ball. :) ). My two-year old also has a long body, but she's in line for the next one. I try to have the last row before the edging to hit at or below the elbow.

I think the cotton makes for a nice drape because it's a little heavier than the worsted weight, but definitely go with a mercerized cotton or something that's a cotton blend to keep it from stretching too much.

WOW Tiff, that looks gorgeous - I LOVE that Kiwi color...I'll have to try and find some of that cotton yarn in that color...always such a battle finding some of these yarns up in Canada :( Tell your daughter I'm over 40 and want a few in different colors too. :bounce

Archived