Bookmarks - Never enough right?

sammimag

I've made a commitment to myself to make not only a snowflake a week but I'd like to make one bookmark a week too. They are such great impromptu gifts and so easy to work up. Anyone interested in joining me?

Just pick out the pattern you want to do. Maybe design you own! Today, I worked up an ghost bookmark. My son and I are reading a new ghost series so we thought a ghost bookmark would be most appropriate. I need to weave in the ends, starch it a bit and iron it. Then it's done.

Lots of bookmark choices here:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/bookmarks.php

Share you favorites and I will add them to this post for easy surfing.

Thong type bookmarks:

one from crochet me

from crochet partners

flower motif bookmark links:

several star flowers at the link here

Columbine

pretty flower lots of picots

cupcake's fan bookmark here

wild life bookmarks:

all from cupcake our resident bookmark designer:)

free: butterfly

for purchase: lots of insects and reptiles

sock monkey

a link here for star flower bookmarks and a ladybug.

elegant pineapple bookmark

food:

a carrot we all need to eat our veggies:)

Corner bookmarks:

Dress Bookmark

Angel Corner bookmark

Standard Bookmark:

shell stitch

scalllop bookmark with ribbon

Holiday themes

santa hat

heart motif - do a search for her bookmark

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome everyone so far! I hope you stick around.

Thanks Lea:) and I do know what you mean about CAL's you have to do but a gal gots to do what a gal gots to do:)

Aussie,

I think Lea means something like this here. I like making something similar. The kind with a motif on the end and usually a tassel. You see several I made for the holidays here on my blog.

Beth,

I'm not sure but I may have confused you with the snowflake comment. The plan for this CAL is Bookmarks and the bookmarks can be anything. I hope you plan to stick around anyway or maybe I'm the one that's confused:think

not sure i can do 1 per week, but I'd love a place to come and look for inspiration, and show off the ones I make. I'd love to have about 10 of these on hand at all times. They make great gifts for people that you've just met, and realize their birthday is like a week after you met them. Makes you look all thoughtful. :wink

They make great gifts for people that you've just met, and realize their birthday is like a week after you met them. Makes you look all thoughtful. :wink

Exactly my thinking;) Come on over whenever. The one a week is my goal no-one else has to do that. It could be the best laid plans...or something like that :P

I'll be joining this one - I have at LEAST one to do, probably more. For a swap, that is! I'm not traditionally a thread person, but I can handle it for a bookmark, at least.

I've made a flower one, so will be hunting down patterns that are flowery... I'll probably use embroidery floss instead of cotton thread. Just because that's what I have on hand, and I need to use stuff up here.

Ok, I followed your link for the Columbine bookmark and fell in love!! So of course I made one this afternoon! And the green one is from 3 dozen and 1 bookmarks that was sent to me in an RAOK!! :U I did change the edging a little. The other one I did last night is still wet from starching, I'll post it as soon as it dries and I can scan it. I know I talk to much, here they are....

bookmarkcal.jpg

I did add a bead to the bottom of the flower one.

beautiful sarah!! I have completed 2 bookmarks, both are from the Leisure arts, readers choice bookmarks little leaflet. Patterns numbered 1 and 7 in the book. Once I find the USB cord to my digital camera I will post pics, but hey that is 2 of 10 that I want to have on hand, so go me! :cheer

now i need to check out the pattern links, b/c that flower one is just great sarah!!!

Can't wait to see yours Jadyn. Thanks a bunch! Sammimag posted it in her first post of the cal. I just love it! Is this what your # 1 looks like? (It is a bit to long and I didn't do the tassel) If it is, then I have that leaflet too! :U I love the # 7 one too.

bmark.jpg

This is also the other one that was drying. Guess I'm doing more than 1 a week. I love bookmarks! ;)

wow sarah, we do have the same book, my #1 is white though! and my pineapple is green!! :cheer i like the way yours looks, I did the tassle on mine though.

ok, editing this to add the pics

th_december16126.jpg

th_december16125.jpg

on the pineapple one, the green ribbon is about 9" long. I got this ribbon for $0.44 at AC Moore right after Christmas, and I love it, it's so pretty!

and for those interested it is Leisure Arts Little Books, Leaflet #75069 which these 2 patterns are in.

Archived