Bookmarks - Never enough right?

sammimag

I wasn't sure where I should post this, it's for my niece, (4) and it is for Valentines, (I'm in the Valentines CAL too), I decided to post it here because it is a bookmark, she loves books and thinks she's 20! lol I have a few balls of Moda Dea Zing and thought this fuzzy stuff would look great around a heart. There is a pattern at JPFun club, but I just kinda went from the picture. I'll look for the link to post in a bit. (sorry the photo quality is bad, I didn't have time to fuss with it's placement on the scanner earlier)

fuzzybmk.jpg

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/10bookmarks/heartbkmk.shtml This is a pattern for this kinda bookmark. (It's the picture I went from)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is so sweet!

How's everyone else doing? I got distracted this week making socks so I hope to get to a few bookmarks this week. I have made so many I am ahead of my one a week goal!

Well I'm having trouble getting these started. It is hard for me to go from yarn to thread. I did make my one and I'm trying to do a second. I keep wanting to try the different patterns. Any ideas of easy to make ones? lol. Here is a pic of the one I got done.

angelbookmark.jpg

It sure is hard for me to believe I got started on doilies. Now I have no idea how I used to do it. :lol

I have gotten a total of 6 bookmarks made now. I have made two cross bookmarks, 2 mile a minute bookmarks, a flower bookmark and a snowflke bookmark. As soon as I get them starched I'll try and post some pictures of them

Hi Sammimag, I have never joined a cal so i am not really sure what is involved, but i really did like making the bookmark and i would like to make 1 a week, do i just post a pic and any groovy patterns i find?

Hi Sammimag, I have never joined a cal so i am not really sure what is involved, but i really did like making the bookmark and i would like to make 1 a week, do i just post a pic and any groovy patterns i find?

Welcome:) Yes, that's exactly it. A way to keep us bookmark inspired and learn about new patterns. If you go to the first post you will find a few patterns listed.

Here two more bookmarks. One is made using a motif from an old Magic Crochet Magazine and the other (left one) is my own design which I need to write up, do it again to share soon. I also have another bookmark pattern that's kind of leaf like I want to share soon too.

358274212_a965a4ab80_s.jpg

clickable

Thanks for looking :)

Samantha, They are both beautiful!!! Especially your design. Here is another of the Columbine Flower from the link you posted, I just love how this works up! I did it last night. The bead on the botom is a blue marbled glass heart.

rwbbookmark.jpg

Well I finished another bookmark today. I used the Clover pattern in the Crochet Stitch Bible, and just made the stem on it really long. Then went around the clover part again in white (the clover is all green). I don't have a pic tho, my sister came and stole it as I finished weaving in the ends. :lol

There is another bookmark I have completed as well. I used the Mile-A-Minute book I have and did the first 2 rnds of the pattern for the strip, and then crocheted a ribbon to go between the shells. My husband has stolen this one, and I'll post a pic when I am able to get one after he comes home from work.

I'm telling you, I'm going to need to start making these in under cover of darkness and hiding them away. Of the 4 I've made 3 have been swiped, and not for birthdays or anything like I wanted them for, but just b/c people can't keep their hands off of them!

Also, there are 4 people my husband works with who all want one like his, in various colors, and my husband said that they were $5 each, since I'm very busy at home with the girls and my neice all day, and apparently they said they would pay it!! Personally I think $5 for a bookmark that MIGHT use $0.50 worth of thread to make is a bit insane, but I am happy that my husband values me and time so much to offer them at such a mark-up! :manyheart

you all put me to shame...i have only started one. i am have a bit of trouble getting used to thread....have only worked with yarn. i guess i will have to get moving to keep up with the group!

Take you time!

Some tips to get used to thread. You could try shock therapy. Get some really fine thread like #20 and make a small swatch then go up to #10 thread.

Or

Use some #3 thread or #5 thread or a sport weight or fingering weight yarn. The bookmarks will be a bit bigger but that's fine. Then work your way to #10 thread.

When I first started making bookmarks I used a larger hook that recommended. I think a No4 hook for #10 thread instead of a No6 or No7 hook.

Hope that helps some.

i just finished my first bookmark...and it was in thread! now i have to block it and am not sure how to do it. i will have to search this forum and see if i can find directions on how to do it or maybe one of you kind fellow villers will tell me how to do it. the more i worked with the thread the easier it got but have to be really careful, not like yarn.

Archived