Bookmarks - Never enough right?

sammimag

I printed a copy of today's pattern. It is so pretty.

When I see a pattern on that site that I like and want to keep, I make sure to print a copy. I made the mistake of bookmarking one, then when I went back to see it later, it showed the current pattern, not the one I wanted. I won't make that mistake again.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been neglecting this CAL. Has anyone made any recently?

I have not been making many bookmarks at all. I still have a Crinoline Lady bookmark that I need to finish up. I've been giving away my bookmarks so they are getting low. I do have one I hope to share soon but I sent it in swap package. I want to wait for it to get there first.

I need to be doing this also. Which gives me an opportunity to ask, "doesn anyone have a bkmrk pattern link that is on the masculine side??"

One of my clients is teaching a man to read. She says he thirsts for the ability wanting to learn to spell and word meanings, it all!! He's also had some health issues (cancer that has caused him to have part of his jaw removed ). So I thought I'd try to find him a masculine bookmark to send by her to help encourage him more. No luck finding 1 so far tho, so please help me. :)

Sandy

• 3 months later...

Hi Sandy,

I am so sorry to have been away from this CAL for so long. As far as masculine maybe some of crochetroos patterns. They are for purchase but she has some animals patterns that might work. Check out her etsy shop here.

Maybe something very simple? A flat bookmark with lots of colors or a Harry Potter bookmark?

Finally some bookmarks. I have a doily in here too because I didn't take more than one photo.

1314343598_815da2d165.jpg

For the doily I used a free pattern I found here:

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~crochet/doily1.html

The Butterfly bookmark I started to follow a pattern but found it confusing so I made it up as I went along. The shell motif bookmark is a freeform spiral so also made up as I went along.

All the thread came from my stash. The dark blue was left over from making a doily for a friend of mine. The others I had picked up at the thrift store months ago. Others I am sure were shopping splurges :P

• 2 months later...

Any one still making bookmarks? I made around 50 in September for a women's conference at church, but my pc was down all summer, so I didn't get any posted. I do love looking back at the ones that were done. Sammimag, I love the last ones you posted. Where did you find a crinoline lady book mark?

ASammimag, I love the last ones you posted. Where did you find a crinoline lady book mark?

I found the crinoline lady book mark in an old decorative crochet or fantasy crochet mag. When I pull it out and finish it I'll let you know which one.

Archived