thread snowflakes CAL

karin4christ

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah the first ones in the book are just that tiny. I don't know on the stiffening yet. I used a stiffen quick spray from JoAnn's on my ones for Christmas but I might want them a little stiffer so I might try the watered down glue. I did once use sugar water on some ghosts I made with cheese cloth and it did pretty good though one batch I did wouldn't thoroughly dry and stayed slightly sticky,:think I guess I didn't get the ratio right on that one :blush:D

Heather, your snowflakes are lovely!

Mustang Lady, welcome to the CAL!

I had earlier said I'd post my latest flakes on Wednesdays on my blog, but I already blew that the first week :lol I posted them today though and you can see the latest ones here on my blog I will probably stick to Fridays for my flakes now, depending on what I've got going on. My total now is around 15.

I had a bit of a problem with the starch on the larger flake--got 'flakies' I guess I used too much starch, but I was able to get most of the excess off and will sit down and pick the rest off later...what a pain. :angry

Thanks for looking! :hook

I would love to try this! Goes along with one of the things I want to learn the most....ie: doilys. And, they would be so pretty for Christmas...and the grandkids...etc. Count me in and I will learn how it works as we go along if that is OK.

Thanx for a treat idea....

Maggitee :frog

Melissa... did you use simply soft or baby yarn for that one flake? I wanted to try one using it but wasn't sure how it might turn out... yours are cute!

I used plain worsted weight yarn. I had it handy. One of my second graders told me I was "telling a story" when I told them I made those snowflakes in the window. I just had to show him.:D

Melissa thank you for the link.

I got one more done at the laundry mat today. I don't know why I could not get 2 done again, but I didn't.

I now have 3 snowflakes made. Not blocked Yet. But, I am started.

Melissa thank you for the link.

I got one more done at the laundry mat today. I don't know why I could not get 2 done again, but I didn't.

I now have 3 snowflakes made. Not blocked Yet. But, I am started.

Being started is the best place to be. :lol

Glad you got at least one done.

Here a few I have made and blocked recently. I just used full strength liquid laundry starch. All are made with #10 thread.

Two of the designs are from 60 Crocheted Snowflakes and the others are motifs I found in old Magic Crochet Magazines.

358274234_de082acae5_m.jpg

OK.. I made 24 of these Sunday evening while watching a show with my hubby... They work up super quick and I lightly starched and iron them and will turn them into fridges...This I think would make a great newbie snowflake starter...

http://www.texasdg.net/daynascrochet/pattern.asp?id=27

Archived