Last of the Christmas doilies

MimiFL

Last two doilies of the season... :stocking

This first one is from a Jacqui Cunningham pattern called "Delicate Doily". With all the different sections in that pattern, I thought it was ideally suited to different colors, and especially Christmas colors. There's a red poinsettia in the center, white snowballs around it, then green pine needles, and a double border. I omitted the last couple of rows, because I thought it looked good just like that. This one's about 12" across. :hbulb

christmas_eve.jpg

This last one, called the "Gift Doily" is a gift for a friend of mine. It's kinda small, about 9". I've mailed it to her; hope she likes it. :gift

gift_doily.jpg

Oh wow!, Where can we find the patterns for these?

Yesterday while out at Walmart, I looked at all the pretty threads..... I REALLY do have to try thread doilies. They intimadate me tho. I'm afraid they won't turn out as pretty as the ladies work in here. I did make a doily once but it was in the #3 speed cro sheen. Its thicker but I didn't have to spray it. I can't locate the thread anymore......... Used to get at Walmart

Thanks! Glad you all like them. :)

Bev, I've no doubt they'd turn out lovely! Give it a try. :hook

I'm attempting to locate the pattern for the gift doily. Haven't found it yet (I'll have to look when I get home). A quick pattern note... According to the written instructions, there should be 5 picots on each repeat on the last round. However, according to the picture that goes with the pattern - and others I've seen elsewhere - there are only 4 picots on each repeat. I chose to follow the photo rather than the written pattern.

The pattern for the first doily is here.

Beautiful! And I love the color- appropriate choices you made for the first one- really makes the different design elements stand out! Good job :)

Archived