Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brae....

I really love those! I think I want to use smaller yarn.. I'm getting to the third row of spiders (the one you cut off...) and I'm a little confused (as usuall) by the pattern.....

Hopefully I can ask this question... as I'm not good with reading patterns, I read them till I kinda get the idea then just go for it.... When you start each new row, was it at a corner? I didn't... now where I start my new row is where one of the new 'spiders' is going to be!!! and... the directions said to "make 1 hi over each sp of row below" what the heck is a "hi" ??? (found in row 13 on the second page)

Cookie, I saw the 'hi' as well and wondered what the heck it could be. The 'h' and 'i' are in a similar place to the 'b' and 'l' so it must be a typo for 'block'. Blocks are what would fit anyway.

Yep, I was the same ... didn't start the outer rows in a corner space. I always began where I had to work a dc in the next 2 sts before I came to the open meshes, almost in the middle by the time I finished. That would be at the end of a spider if I'd continued as you're doing.

If you can't work your spider in with your new row, do this:

Finish the last row as usual and then slip stitch over a few stitches before doing your ch 3 as your first stitch. That'll at least get you into the middle of a block or open mesh and won't screw up your spider. After that you'll have to adjust your starting position, but it's only for a few rows and you've probably got the pattern down by then anyway.

You guys are just hopping along! I'm really enjoying following along with what everyone's doing.

I've been in Miami since 1/29. I originally planned to be here just for a week, but a few days after I got here, I changed my plans to fly out today. Unfortunately, my dad's health rapidly declined, and he had to go into the hospital on Thursday, and he died Saturday night. There's been a lot of ugliness also with one sister (I have written some about it on my blog at renegade500.livejournal.com), and that's just complicated things.

Since my dad hadn't finalized either his will or his funeral, I've been running around for days getting arrangements made and getting an attorney hired. Plus, my brother lived with my dad (luckily the home is in the brother's name), and never handled his own finances, so now I have to help him get all that in order before I leave.

I'll be going home Tuesday, and I can't wait! I have promised to test a pattern for someone, and I haven't been able to get it started because of this situation. Plus, I just want to be home with my kitties and my friends.

However, I will say this: Miami is the place to go in the winter. The weather here is fab!

Renee, sorry to hear about your dad. :hug So often this are a mess when things aren't planned out ahead of time. Sorry that you've been so harried. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :manyheart You've been missed here.

Renee, my thought and prayers are coming your way, too...it's soooo hard, esp when you're left handling the details and everything has to be done so quickly!

Hugs,

Renee~ I hope that you enjoyed the short time you had left with your Dad, and I am sorry to hear of his passing. Please take comfort in knowing that he is out of pain and in a better place.

Renee

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad . I'm glad you were able to make it down there to spend some time with him before he passed away .

I am also sorry to hear you are having troubles with your sister and have all the arrangements and finances to get figured out. I hope that you will be able to get all that end of it handled soon and at least be out from under that part of it .

Take care of yourself . :manyheart

Morning everyone. :hi I've been working on my quilt all week, so won't have anything to post here tomorrow. :(

Today is booked as cleaning and straightening and vacuuming and working on stuff for John, so won't much time to crochet. :juggle

I am feeling better. The asthma medicine has kicked in and my chest is behaving itself. Thanks for all the good wishes.:manyheart

Renee, i'm so sorry to hear about your Dad

Linda

i`m glad to hear you are better

i`m working on the snowflake afghan and its fun although it took much of my time than i thought

i promised to be the first who post picture and i`m on my promise

i`m going to sleep

i finished the first line of hexagons

i made it with 8 hexagons :)

i`ll post a picture tomorrow :)

goodnight

ican`t wait to see the casablanca`s photos from both wendy and shay :) and of caurse all of your projects photos

No pics from me this week, sorry, didn't work on the coverlet at all. In fact, I hardly did any crochet this week.

How sad is that?

Are you well:P :lol:eek:manyheart ?

Archived