Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shay- that sounds very pretty ! Do you have any photos of it ? They make such pretty color combos-- I have loved every one I have EVER seen .

Athba- nope, I've never had a blog . I guess I keep so busy in here, I wouldnt have much time to keep up on one .:)

I wont have my camra till DH gets home tommorw but i scanned the photo out of the book it got it from....i did mine just like it in the same colors...i will take a photo of mine tommorw so you can see it...i love this pattern and i get more compimants on this afghan then eny other one ive made......i will have to do the pattern you are doing now...i like the dimonds....i might even do that other then the star crochet along one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/pnuts100/zig.jpg?t=1167864125

Oh and incase enyone wants to know its out of the same book: Herrschners Blue-Ribbon Afghans

I've got myself caught up to being only 20 pages behind! I joined the CAL a little while ago but I've been awfully quiet since. Intimidated much?

Anyway, I've decided on what to make for our spread and even got started on it this afternoon. There's no way in the world I'm going to do the figurin' on how many squares I'll need, that would be too scary!

I LOVE the look of old-fashioned quilts done in red and white, specially checks. But I'm not much of a white person ... all our walls (just bought this house) are, for now, a neutral beige, so I'm doing a nine-patch thread spread in ecru with squares of reds. There'll be light and dark pink, red, burgundy, and peach. Doesn't it sound really gross? :lol I saw a 'real' quilt done in these colours though and it was bee-you-tee-ful! Really old-fashioned!

Back to catching up!

Brae

Shay- thanks for showing us the picture-- that is really pretty !

Brae-- we're glad you jumped back on in. Don't be too intimidated-- we are a bunch of gabbers in here, so it takes a lot to keep up with the posts. Your colors sound pretty to me, and I like old-fashioned looking things, so it'll be a treat to see it !

Darski- thank you for the compliment . :)

Julie, that is absolutely gorgeous! That will make a FINE bedspread!

Thanks to all that welcomed me back. And NO I have not found a new pattern yet! :lol

I know, I am behind, but I can catch up really quick...

Brae, your color scheme sounds like fun! As someone (Julie?) told me when I was wondering about introducing lots of different colors to my BS...it should be whatever I like!:hook

Juliekay, Oh my that is beautiful. I love the colors. Your getting so much done.

For all you ladies jumping back in, we could always use a few more.

I still have not been able to work on mine. Am stuck at work late again. Who knows maybe I will get out of here by 7/ 7:30 tonight. Then possibly get to crochet a little tonight before I have to go to bed.

Well someone kick me!!!!

I went to my inlaws on new years day and left my BS behind!!!! No hook No yarn (ALL MY HOOKS ARE THERE) So I am gonna be a bit behind! (I get them back friday)

I did do 2 sqs and started a 3rd!

Sorry!

Well someone kick me!!!!

I went to my inlaws on new years day and left my BS behind!!!! No hook No yarn (ALL MY HOOKS ARE THERE) So I am gonna be a bit behind! (I get them back friday)

I did do 2 sqs and started a 3rd!

Sorry!

How awful!!!:hug

I'd be going through withdrawal! :(

Tracey - hope you get out of work soon, you must have really long hours !

Jimmie- man, that'd be awful -- no way to crochet ? You'd better start hiding your hooks all over the place, keep a few everyplace you go, then you won't lost track of them all at once anymore !

Thanks for the compliments, ladies ---

and Athba- you are FUNNY !!! Maybe you should just go buy your fiance something. How about a box of candy ? What do ladies over there buy their fiances ? How about a shirt or a book or something ?

What are some of his hobbies ?

Jimmie Lu~ I feel for you, it has got to be frustrating not having your yarn or hooks.

Finally, I am home and dinner is on the stove cooking. Kids are working on the computer and I was so hungrey I grapped some Brie and crackers while cooking. Now on to doing a little crocheting hopefully. yippee

Julie I love that Navajo Indian Pattern and the colours you have selected are great. I may even copy that colour scheme for my next one. It will be spectacular when you complete it.

I hope everyone is progressing happily with their spread. I say happily as I go through the colour pains before I finally commit to a colour combination. Sometimes I am sure I would be half finished an afghan if I add the time I play around with different colours. After lots of starts and frogging here is the next one I' m making.

2167998080058018460wxOpUM_th.jpg

The yarn I am using is from my stash - I am determined to use what I have at home before buying more.

On my search for another spread pattern, i started mine and after a number of rows decided I wasn't happy about it in yarn, so am looking for another one. Once I find the one that catches my fancy I'll be right on track.

Hi everyone, Im on my lunch break at work.

Wanda, I hope you find a pattern that you will like.

Jimmie - I certainly feel for you. At least its nearly friday and you will get your stuff soon. I bet you kicked yourself when you realised.

Julie - your pattern is beautiful I really like it. The colors look really good together. Is it easy to do with the colors.

Im trying to get the blue ribbon book off ebay and then I will have that pattern as well as the blue star pattern. Like I really need another project at the moment. I have 3 on the go and now want to do some of the other cals.

Am I mad... :eek

How many projects do you all have on the go.

Well someone kick me!!!!

I went to my inlaws on new years day and left my BS behind!!!!

Kick you? When you're already so far down? Never!

Poor you ... is there not a hook or a dozen under the cushions of your couch? In a kitchen junque drawer? In with all the extra toilet paper in the bathroom? Sock drawer? Refrigerator? :D

Brae

Hi friends... It has been long that i have not send any post... i am busy now with my new work place... i have just moved to new workplace so the settlement with the previous workplace and the introduction in new workplace took my fun time away..:lol Any how i hope i will be back active soon..in crochetville..:) I still don't have time to decide the pattern:( ...i like the square elegence...but not sure yet that i manage to do it...I have to try and crochet a few row... :think which i don't know when...:( i hope i can try this weekend... Miss u guys...:)

Archived